Sponsored

My Bronco sucks off-road! Terrible rock chips after 80 miles on county dirt roads.

BroncoPop

Badlands
First Name
C.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion tc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So other than that, the Bronco is still great right? Sounds like an easy fix

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
Paint quality is terrible too. It's environmentally friendly, but as durable as the water color paints kids use in school. My Ranger lower bed was trashed under 10k miles. And I installed mud flaps in the first week. I am kind of glad I haven't gotten my Bronco yet. Hoping the aftermarket addresses these mud flaps ASAP. Really sucks, I feel for you.

Sponsored

7722 Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST/ 2019 F350 CC DRW 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's an age old problem dating back to the G1 Bronco!! Big tires, dirt/muddy road, you're going to sling some crap. The damage to the door handle,, I couldn't live with that,,, I'd have to sell it. :cool:

Ford Bronco My Bronco sucks off-road!  Terrible rock chips after 80 miles on county dirt roads. 20211121_150414
Ford Bronco My Bronco sucks off-road!  Terrible rock chips after 80 miles on county dirt roads. 20211022_113742
Ford Bronco My Bronco sucks off-road!  Terrible rock chips after 80 miles on county dirt roads. 20211121_150247

TacocaT

Wildtrak
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Explorer Platinum, 15 Roadglide, 12 Duke 1199
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
To Ford and anyone who will listen. The Bronco Sasquatch is terrible. The tires, fender design destroy the vehicle.

My family has some land and I have to drive 40 miles each way down a county dirt road to access it.
After just driving around town I already had two chips in my door due to the tires picking up rocks so I had PPF installed on all four doors, this cost me almost $1,000
After traveling to my families land this last weekend I was appalled at what I found when I returned home and washed my Bronco. My rear fenders are trashed, one door handle torn up and my PPF is destroyed. I also took a rock chip on the front of the door even ahead of where the PPF is located on the passenger front door.

How can Ford sell a vehicle that literally rips its self apart driving down a county dirt road??

For reference, I've owned a 2011 FJ Cruiser, 2015 F-150, 2017 F-250 and 2018 Ford Raptor. These vehicles all took dozens of trips down the same road and never took any damage at all. One trip with my Bronco and I'm sure I have hundreds, if not thousands of dollars in damage to the vehicle.

Ford, How I am supposed to take this vehicle off-road without destroying it?!

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg
Stop driving in a straight line and you wouldn't have to worry about it. Serpentine down that road like a drunk on a bender and the the rock spray won't be pointing directly at the side of your rig.

Alcohol to the rescue!

Wildfire1

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 GMC 4X4 / 2012 Mustang convert
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m sorry your seeing this on your new Bronco. I’m with you on this one, Ford should have made people aware that this could actually happen. Maybe that’s why they’re asking $500 for mud flaps.
I think the hardest part of this post is all the negative responses. You don’t deserve any of them.
it just goes to show there are more than enough ***holes that hang out on this forum.
Make yourself front and rear mud-flaps like I plan on doing when we get ours then clean and wax the damaged areas to prevent rusting. Smooth down the plastic areas that was damaged and jump in and enjoy your awesome Bronco.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

MSparks909

Badlands
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Check out RokBlokz Mud Flaps. Not sure if they have a dedicated Bronco set yet but worth checking. Also change tires. I run a ton of gravel roads with my Nitto Ridge Grapplers on my F250 and am pretty happy with them. They don’t hold too many rocks.

Sponsored

cpmartin1999

Badlands
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 2020 VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To Ford and anyone who will listen. The Bronco Sasquatch is terrible. The tires, fender design destroy the vehicle.

My family has some land and I have to drive 40 miles each way down a county dirt road to access it.
After just driving around town I already had two chips in my door due to the tires picking up rocks so I had PPF installed on all four doors, this cost me almost $1,000
After traveling to my families land this last weekend I was appalled at what I found when I returned home and washed my Bronco. My rear fenders are trashed, one door handle torn up and my PPF is destroyed. I also took a rock chip on the front of the door even ahead of where the PPF is located on the passenger front door.

How can Ford sell a vehicle that literally rips its self apart driving down a county dirt road??

For reference, I've owned a 2011 FJ Cruiser, 2015 F-150, 2017 F-250 and 2018 Ford Raptor. These vehicles all took dozens of trips down the same road and never took any damage at all. One trip with my Bronco and I'm sure I have hundreds, if not thousands of dollars in damage to the vehicle.

Ford, How I am supposed to take this vehicle off-road without destroying it?!

Ford Bronco My Bronco sucks off-road!  Terrible rock chips after 80 miles on county dirt roads. 20211121_150247

what about the ford mudflaps, one post showed the guy cut a hole in them to allow the rock gaudr or whatever they call it fit through, they didnt look too bad, looked to provide just a small bit extra compared to the flares. but may have been non SAS flares?

JPG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's NOt a Goodyear tire problem, it's a FORD DID NOT PUT MUD FLAPS ON THE BRONCO PROBLEM...Tires are doing what they are supposed to, cleaning out ( that's emptying the grooves of anything stuck in there ) and if they are throwing out rocks like this, they are doing a damned good job.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't speak to the Bronco, but I added rock rails (which stuck out far enough to be side steps too) on my Grand Cherokee, and it made a difference. My setup still has large gaps for rocks and debris to fly through, but when I see the rails peppered and my vehicle less-so, I gotta think it helps. My Silverado had running boards, and it helped for sure.

Nothing will beat a mud flap though. That's what I opted for on my Bronco (Gatorback's).

That looks like a pain to get in and out of.

22greenfordbronco

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 mini cooper, 2020 Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's NOt a Goodyear tire problem, it's a FORD DID NOT PUT MUD FLAPS ON THE BRONCO PROBLEM...Tires are doing what they are supposed to, cleaning out ( that's emptying the grooves of anything stuck in there ) and if they are throwing out rocks like this, they are doing a damned good job.
No, it IS a Goodyear tire problem, they’re mud tires and their design is particularly good for picking up every rock and throwing it. Doesn’t make the tire bad, just bad for rocky roads when it’s meant for dirt. Laughable on the mud flaps though, no manufacturer adds mud flaps, that’s on you.
Sponsored