Sponsored

My Bronco sucks off-road! Terrible rock chips after 80 miles on county dirt roads.

Mdeamon

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai tucson
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
To Ford and anyone who will listen. The Bronco Sasquatch is terrible. The tires, fender design destroy the vehicle.

My family has some land and I have to drive 40 miles each way down a county dirt road to access it.
After just driving around town I already had two chips in my door due to the tires picking up rocks so I had PPF installed on all four doors, this cost me almost $1,000
After traveling to my families land this last weekend I was appalled at what I found when I returned home and washed my Bronco. My rear fenders are trashed, one door handle torn up and my PPF is destroyed. I also took a rock chip on the front of the door even ahead of where the PPF is located on the passenger front door.

How can Ford sell a vehicle that literally rips its self apart driving down a county dirt road??

For reference, I've owned a 2011 FJ Cruiser, 2015 F-150, 2017 F-250 and 2018 Ford Raptor. These vehicles all took dozens of trips down the same road and never took any damage at all. One trip with my Bronco and I'm sure I have hundreds, if not thousands of dollars in damage to the vehicle.

Ford, How I am supposed to take this vehicle off-road without destroying it?!

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg
You buy a offroad vehicule what do you expect....
Sponsored

MrOzMan

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The typical responses to all threads;

1. You should have known better and are stupid for buying a Bronco.
2. You should have known Ford is a compulsive liar and went to a high volume dealer and had the brains to have a contract signed in blood under a full moon.
3. I did (insert whatever pure luck move) to prevent this because I be smart.
4. (my personal favorite) I came on here to complain that you are wasting everyone's time, even though I am adding a worthless extra post myself and took the time to compose and post it!
5. Ford Sux!
6. It's not Ford's fault, none of it.

OP wants to vent because he laid out a fair chunk of change for something new and supposedly rugged. It got chewed up worse than expected under the most mild use imaginable.

My brother, vent away, we all need an ear to vent sometimes. Half of the folks responding believe it was a gravel road instead of dirt, 99% appear to assume you meant the vehicle was destroyed when you obviously meant it was a design flaw that would beat it to death eventually, and you even put that disclaimer about anyone who would listen.

They are too busy trying to be clever to actually read and comprehend. Pay them no mind, get some mud flaps and enjoy the ride!

(personally, I have no problem with chips and scratches I earn, but a door ding in a parking lot that I did not see happen will bother me forever.)
Yep, how dare anyone provide any real world negative opinions.

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The typical responses to all threads;

1. You should have known better and are stupid for buying a Bronco.
2. You should have known Ford is a compulsive liar and went to a high volume dealer and had the brains to have a contract signed in blood under a full moon.
3. I did (insert whatever pure luck move) to prevent this because I be smart.
4. (my personal favorite) I came on here to complain that you are wasting everyone's time, even though I am adding a worthless extra post myself and took the time to compose and post it!
5. Ford Sux!
6. It's not Ford's fault, none of it.
Great list! At the risk of violating #4 myself, you forgot this one:

7. You didn’t use the search function you dumbass!

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I put these on the second day I had it (universal flaps cut and drilled to fit). They keep the main body protected but the rear door handle and fender flare still get crap. I'm going to replace with a slightly longer flap that should fix the issue.

20211113_141648.jpg

20211113_141655.jpg

20211116_171731.jpg
Those look better than the 900 $ ones🤣

22greenfordbronco

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 mini cooper, 2020 Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Lol well that’s ironic. I mostly agree with you but damn some of you are incredibly over dramatic.

Sponsored

21BL2DR

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BL 2dr, 2021 BB 4dr, 2022 BS 2dr, trifecta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 2011 FJ Cruiser, 2015 F-150, 2017 F-250 and 2018 Raptor never displayed such damage and I drove the raptor at much higher speeds than I would ever drive this on a dirt road.
OMG....it truly sounds like you should sell your Bronco then since it is so defective of design....lol

21BL2DR

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BL 2dr, 2021 BB 4dr, 2022 BS 2dr, trifecta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

get some mud flaps and enjoy the ride!

another common sense decision one might need to do when purchasing a knobby tired 4x4 that they are going to drive on gravel roads. I applaud you Drex.

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You really could’ve used a Snickers at this moment, b/c there’s no way this post caused you to be this annoyed😂
Forum members have a way of stupid beyond normal! lol

EXO Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Audi S4, Raptor (Previously)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had my Raptor warranty denied for frame damage EARLY on in the Raptor day... (I was one of the first to ever warranty a bent frame on the Gen-1 and started the original infamous Bent Frame Raptor thread...)

You know what Ford cited as the reason for denying my warranty claim? Signs of off-road abuse.

You know what they pointed to as signs of abuse? Rock chips on the underside of the truck, on the frame specifically and the fenders behind the doors.

Yes. Ford denied my Raptor claim "supposedly" because the rock chips showed signs of off-road abuse. Not off-road "USE" my friends... abuse. LOL

The OP has a legitimate gripe, especially if Ford is still as dumb as they used to be.

Sponsored

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So sorry for you.....and me in a sense as I still did not receive any production date for an 2nd August 2020 reservation! Waiting this long and having your type of quality issues is not good. I also owned an FJ and still miss it! Had Toyota had an updated version that would have been my first choice by far! Hope Ford does well by you!!
They are coming out with a newer version.

Saw it the other day

deanfromkelowna

Wildtrak
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, Tesla Model 3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

deanfromkelowna

Wildtrak
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, Tesla Model 3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do you not have crash bars?
What are crash bars? I plan on switching out to rock sliders and new bumper hardware with a winch next year so perhaps by then, something sexier for a flap will show up.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What are crash bars? I plan on switching out to rock sliders and new bumper hardware with a winch next year so perhaps by then, something sexier for a flap will show up.
Maybe SAS doesn't have them? They are in front of the wheel and behind the wheel to keep the front from entering the cabin during an accident. If yours doesn't have them, that explains why the mudflaps work!
Sponsored