Sponsored

My Bronco sucks off-road! Terrible rock chips after 80 miles on county dirt roads.

Laddyaddy19

Black Diamond
First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima, Evo X, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My Bronco is a Sasquatch so no crash bars from the factory, the flaps are on the front of my Outer Banks SAS. The picture of the rear flare shows all the snow/slush that is being thrown on the rear flare.

20211113_141632.jpg
Do you ha
My Bronco is a Sasquatch so no crash bars from the factory, the flaps are on the front of my Outer Banks SAS. The picture of the rear flare shows all the snow/slush that is being thrown on the rear flare.

20211113_141632.jpg
Do you have a link to where you got these? Sorry if I overlooked it. Looks very nice!
Sponsored

Lewie

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Just ordered these on Ford Accessories site, 15% discount available till year end. These fit vehicles with rock rails.

Order Summary
Bronco 2021 Gatorback Bucking Bronco Logo Splash Guards Rear Pair (Qty - 1)​
$381.65​
Part Number: VM2DZ16A550D
Bronco 2021 w/Rock Rails Gatorback Bucking Bronco Logo Splash Guards Front Pair (Qty - 1)​
$381.65​
Part Number: VM2DZ16A550C

GoesOverAnyTerrain

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Ascent
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just ordered these on Ford Accessories site, 15% discount available till year end. These fit vehicles with rock rails.

Order Summary
$381.65​
Bronco 2021 w/Rock Rails Gatorback Bucking Bronco Logo Splash Guards Front Pair (Qty - 1)​
$381.65​
Shop around a bit. Lots of other places cheaper online.

Sponsored

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base

Order Summary
$381.65​
$381.65​
Just a couple of things to consider with any mudflaps.

Due to the compression ability of the suspension, you will want to be careful of going somewhere where you might compress it enough that the splash guard hits the ground, possibly bending the mounting system. For sure remove the rubber portion if going off-road.

This also means you need to be careful of how low the rubber goes, having a trade-off between protection for the side of the vehicle, and limits to suspension travel just driving down the road and hitting a bump. The splash guards are attached to the body, which means the suspension can compress enough to cause the splash guard to hit the ground.

I can see why the splash guards you ordered are expensive after watching the install video. They provide a lot of hardware, and special brackets, which adds cost.

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

To Ford and anyone who will listen. The Bronco Sasquatch is terrible. The tires, fender design destroy the vehicle.

My family has some land and I have to drive 40 miles each way down a county dirt road to access it.
After just driving around town I already had two chips in my door due to the tires picking up rocks so I had PPF installed on all four doors, this cost me almost $1,000
After traveling to my families land this last weekend I was appalled at what I found when I returned home and washed my Bronco. My rear fenders are trashed, one door handle torn up and my PPF is destroyed. I also took a rock chip on the front of the door even ahead of where the PPF is located on the passenger front door.

How can Ford sell a vehicle that literally rips its self apart driving down a county dirt road??

For reference, I've owned a 2011 FJ Cruiser, 2015 F-150, 2017 F-250 and 2018 Ford Raptor. These vehicles all took dozens of trips down the same road and never took any damage at all. One trip with my Bronco and I'm sure I have hundreds, if not thousands of dollars in damage to the vehicle.

Ford, How I am supposed to take this vehicle off-road without destroying it?!

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg
That is pretty stinky. Resolution for going forward - MUDFLAPS of some variety.

Rocky88

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To Ford and anyone who will listen. The Bronco Sasquatch is terrible. The tires, fender design destroy the vehicle.

My family has some land and I have to drive 40 miles each way down a county dirt road to access it.
After just driving around town I already had two chips in my door due to the tires picking up rocks so I had PPF installed on all four doors, this cost me almost $1,000
After traveling to my families land this last weekend I was appalled at what I found when I returned home and washed my Bronco. My rear fenders are trashed, one door handle torn up and my PPF is destroyed. I also took a rock chip on the front of the door even ahead of where the PPF is located on the passenger front door.

How can Ford sell a vehicle that literally rips its self apart driving down a county dirt road??

For reference, I've owned a 2011 FJ Cruiser, 2015 F-150, 2017 F-250 and 2018 Ford Raptor. These vehicles all took dozens of trips down the same road and never took any damage at all. One trip with my Bronco and I'm sure I have hundreds, if not thousands of dollars in damage to the vehicle.

Ford, How I am supposed to take this vehicle off-road without destroying it?!

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg
It’s not just the Sasquatch..My non Sasquatch Badlands has a rock chip in the front passenger door and the back fender flares have rock pits also..I think the flares where stoped to short.They should have came down to the rock rails.

SupremoSombrero

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just a couple of things to consider with any mudflaps.

Due to the compression ability of the suspension, you will want to be careful of going somewhere where you might compress it enough that the splash guard hits the ground, possibly bending the mounting system. For sure remove the rubber portion if going off-road.

This also means you need to be careful of how low the rubber goes, having a trade-off between protection for the side of the vehicle, and limits to suspension travel just driving down the road and hitting a bump. The splash guards are attached to the body, which means the suspension can compress enough to cause the splash guard to hit the ground.

I can see why the splash guards you ordered are expensive after watching the install video. They provide a lot of hardware, and special brackets, which adds cost.
I'm not sure that mud-flaps are in-line with the rugged look of a Bronco. Using long running boards feels like the right choice. This isn't a station wagon.

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Maybe SAS doesn't have them? They are in front of the wheel and behind the wheel to keep the front from entering the cabin during an accident. If yours doesn't have them, that explains why the mudflaps work!
Sasquatch definitely removes the crash bars (or rather neglects to install them).

Ordering the Sasquatch package is an indication that you intend to engage in off-road "abuse" of your Bronco (similar to the guy that had a bent Raptor). ;)

Now, the smart move (lol) would have been to get the steps which double as mud flaps and door ding protection devices.

Con

Black Diamond
First Name
Conner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger fx4 lariat - waiting to order my BD2DMT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Maybe SAS doesn't have them? They are in front of the wheel and behind the wheel to keep the front from entering the cabin during an accident. If yours doesn't have them, that explains why the mudflaps work!
Sas doesn’t have them. Just remove them on yours and throw on mudflaps like others with sas have already done

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sas doesn’t have them. Just remove them on yours and throw on mudflaps like others with sas have already done
That is weird. I would think bigger tires would actually need them. Thanks for the info.

Con

Black Diamond
First Name
Conner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger fx4 lariat - waiting to order my BD2DMT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That is weird. I would think bigger tires would actually need them. Thanks for the info.
I removed them on my ranger, and if ford is cool removing them on a stock vehicle for the Sas package, it seems like it’s not a huge concern to have them or not. This way you can protect yours sooner and cheaper than waiting for aftermarket to accommodate multiple barriers
Sponsored