Sponsored

My Bronco sucks off-road! Terrible rock chips after 80 miles on county dirt roads.

nd2002

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 BMW M2, '18 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s the little gap between the fender and the rock rail, right? Should be an easy fix soon, I hope.
Ford Bronco My Bronco sucks off-road!  Terrible rock chips after 80 miles on county dirt roads. D30679E5-C8CD-4C47-977B-E2B56BFDA720
Sponsored

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Will the FMC side tube steps help? It looks like they may.

Had to order these due to very tiny people in my family.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'll definitely be looking into mud flaps, when my Bronco arrives. My Bronco is an Outer Banks, with the Sasquatch package. I know it comes with running boards. I'm wondering if they're sufficient to prevent damage? I'd love to hear from someone with the same set up.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll definitely be looking into mud flaps, when my Bronco arrives. My Bronco is an Outer Banks, with the Sasquatch package. I know it comes with running boards. I'm wondering if they're sufficient to prevent damage? I'd love to hear from someone with the same set up.
I can't speak to the Bronco, but I added rock rails (which stuck out far enough to be side steps too) on my Grand Cherokee, and it made a difference. My setup still has large gaps for rocks and debris to fly through, but when I see the rails peppered and my vehicle less-so, I gotta think it helps. My Silverado had running boards, and it helped for sure.

Nothing will beat a mud flap though. That's what I opted for on my Bronco (Gatorback's).

Ford Bronco My Bronco sucks off-road!  Terrible rock chips after 80 miles on county dirt roads. IMG_6402

Sponsored

VegasJason

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley 04 FLHRSI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah it looks Totally un-driveable! It’s practically falling apart at the seams. Forgive my sarcasm. I know those first scratches, dings, scrapes, and dents are always the hardest. But it’s an off roading vehicle, if you got it to look pretty, maybe try wrapping the whole thing to protect it. Cheaper than PPF from Ford dealers. Hard to catch sympathy from the grip of us still waiting on production scheduling. Been waiting over a year, listening to people trash this vehicle over and over. I’m planning on wrapping this thing right away. But also, really going to be proud of the pinstriping, and dents and dings I get from taking her off road. I don’t care about the paint job. I care about the ride.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To Ford and anyone who will listen. The Bronco Sasquatch is terrible. The tires, fender design destroy the vehicle.

My family has some land and I have to drive 40 miles each way down a county dirt road to access it.
After just driving around town I already had two chips in my door due to the tires picking up rocks so I had PPF installed on all four doors, this cost me almost $1,000
After traveling to my families land this last weekend I was appalled at what I found when I returned home and washed my Bronco. My rear fenders are trashed, one door handle torn up and my PPF is destroyed. I also took a rock chip on the front of the door even ahead of where the PPF is located on the passenger front door.

How can Ford sell a vehicle that literally rips its self apart driving down a county dirt road??

For reference, I've owned a 2011 FJ Cruiser, 2015 F-150, 2017 F-250 and 2018 Ford Raptor. These vehicles all took dozens of trips down the same road and never took any damage at all. One trip with my Bronco and I'm sure I have hundreds, if not thousands of dollars in damage to the vehicle.

Ford, How I am supposed to take this vehicle off-road without destroying it?!

Ford Bronco My Bronco sucks off-road!  Terrible rock chips after 80 miles on county dirt roads. IMG_6402

Raptor has wide gnarly side steps that offer protection.
get you some side steps - problem solved
Exactly.
Where’s the Bronco is too wide I have scratches from the shrubs and trail brush/branches?

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I put these on the second day I had it (universal flaps cut and drilled to fit). They keep the main body protected but the rear door handle and fender flare still get crap. I'm going to replace with a slightly longer flap that should fix the issue.

20211113_141648.jpg

20211113_141655.jpg

20211116_171731.jpg

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
To Ford and anyone who will listen. The Bronco Sasquatch is terrible. The tires, fender design destroy the vehicle.

My family has some land and I have to drive 40 miles each way down a county dirt road to access it.
After just driving around town I already had two chips in my door due to the tires picking up rocks so I had PPF installed on all four doors, this cost me almost $1,000
After traveling to my families land this last weekend I was appalled at what I found when I returned home and washed my Bronco. My rear fenders are trashed, one door handle torn up and my PPF is destroyed. I also took a rock chip on the front of the door even ahead of where the PPF is located on the passenger front door.

How can Ford sell a vehicle that literally rips its self apart driving down a county dirt road??

For reference, I've owned a 2011 FJ Cruiser, 2015 F-150, 2017 F-250 and 2018 Ford Raptor. These vehicles all took dozens of trips down the same road and never took any damage at all. One trip with my Bronco and I'm sure I have hundreds, if not thousands of dollars in damage to the vehicle.

Ford, How I am supposed to take this vehicle off-road without destroying it?!

Ford Bronco My Bronco sucks off-road!  Terrible rock chips after 80 miles on county dirt roads. 20211116_171731

Ford Bronco My Bronco sucks off-road!  Terrible rock chips after 80 miles on county dirt roads. 20211116_171731

Ford Bronco My Bronco sucks off-road!  Terrible rock chips after 80 miles on county dirt roads. 234A4F6D-4A66-40C7-AAA9-E88EB86B7F5C

Sponsored

72BroncoSand

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco, 77 f-150, Jetta Tdi, 1ton
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You must not have read the warnings here for months. Your presentation is hilarious! #sellit

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ouch.. I would be pissed too ... it's one thing to get pin striping or some cosmetic damage when doing purposeful off-roading - that's a risk we take.. but driving on a dirt road - that is quite a bit of damage in a very short time. To say it 'sucks off road' might be a stretch .. but I understand your frustration in having hundreds (if not thousands) of dollars in damage on a brand new vehicle. Hopefully you can get some mud flaps on it soon to prevent or reduce any further damage to the paint, door handles and flares.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just curious, how is driving on a gravel road driving "off-road"? Your Bronco doesn't "suck off-road"... it has enormous off-road tires that throw gravel.

While I can sympathize that Ford should have included the $1000 mud flaps as standard fitment, you could have spent the money yourself and likely saved your paint.

There are many threads on this forum about stone chips, mud flaps, how the engineer who designed the tires should be ashamed, etc. Any one of them would likely have helped you prepare for this eventuality.

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m interested in buying your sucky off road Bronco.

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a build date of 1/17 and am hoping for a delivery in February.

I also ordered a Maverick Hybrid that likely won't arrive until Aug/September. The short term plan is to drive the Bronco until the Maverick arrives and then decide which vehicle is going to be the long term keeper.

Since ordering my Bronco and Maverick - I have hit a boulder in my friends driveway, hit a light pole avoiding an accident (which made the boulder hit moot). Pinned my front passenger door and quarter panel on a rock on our mountain property, put new tires on the car, and promptly got a flat 3 days later.

I am deathly afraid of something happening to the Bronco (rock chips, windshield, engine failure) or other in the mere 6 months I might be driving it to figure out if she'll stick around over the Maverick.
Sponsored