Sponsored

My Bronco sucks off-road! Terrible rock chips after 80 miles on county dirt roads.

Big Diamond

Wildtrak
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco HOSS 3.0 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Its seems like this is not just tires, but poke. That is why I will be keeping stock +55 offset wheels (non sasquatch) and running 35" pizza cutters that will stay inside the wheel well. Considering side steps as well now.
Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To Ford and anyone who will listen. The Bronco Sasquatch is terrible. The tires, fender design destroy the vehicle.

My family has some land and I have to drive 40 miles each way down a county dirt road to access it.
After just driving around town I already had two chips in my door due to the tires picking up rocks so I had PPF installed on all four doors, this cost me almost $1,000
After traveling to my families land this last weekend I was appalled at what I found when I returned home and washed my Bronco. My rear fenders are trashed, one door handle torn up and my PPF is destroyed. I also took a rock chip on the front of the door even ahead of where the PPF is located on the passenger front door.

How can Ford sell a vehicle that literally rips its self apart driving down a county dirt road??

For reference, I've owned a 2011 FJ Cruiser, 2015 F-150, 2017 F-250 and 2018 Ford Raptor. These vehicles all took dozens of trips down the same road and never took any damage at all. One trip with my Bronco and I'm sure I have hundreds, if not thousands of dollars in damage to the vehicle.

Ford, How I am supposed to take this vehicle off-road without destroying it?!

Ford Bronco My Bronco sucks off-road!  Terrible rock chips after 80 miles on county dirt roads. 07635FCA-F365-4B48-A8CC-C2D3A5598830

Ford Bronco My Bronco sucks off-road!  Terrible rock chips after 80 miles on county dirt roads. 07635FCA-F365-4B48-A8CC-C2D3A5598830

Rock chips after a 40 mile dirt road? Holy Christ, did you alert the National Guard before posting this??

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If all the privilege in the world could be summarized in a forum post, this would just about be the rallying cry.

You bought a big off road vehicle with the largest set of off-road tires that have been put on a mass-produced vehicle and your pissing and moaning is about....... Rock chips. (something that is incredibly common to occur when driving off road)

As if you were "forced" to put paint protection film on the vehicle (which was never going to protect it from damage incurred while actually driving your off road vehicle off road.) Instead the interstate has you all hot and bothered on the keyboard of justice.

Look, this is going to be a difficult pill to swallow, but they make a much better vehicle for folks that like to keep the beauty of their ride for a long period of time. no rocks thrown up by these peaches of low-rolling-resistance tires! Maybe trading in for this would help camp the anger?

Oh snap! Oh no he didn't.... yep, he did.

Sponsored

wkaotp

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5, Sprinter 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I for one, recognize that this thing is gonna get abused. Its like a mountain bike or dirt bike. Its gonna get dirty, I'm gonna fuck it up somehow doing something I shouldnt. Its mean to be abused, not to be treated like a sports car.

Clobbit

First Edition
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Genesis G70 3.3
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
There aren't any mudflaps that work with steps or rock rails. I've been trying to find some, and even bought some "universal" ones. The flares and the crash bars block installation. Ford has some $500 ones that can be used without the rails or steps.
I bought the gator back version compatible with the rock rails off the Ford accessories site today. I was surprised they were there.

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's primarily the tires. They collect rocks worse than most other designs.
I think this is right . . . there are other threads that specifically refer to this. These Goodyear shoes trap a ton of rocks and throw them about, apparently MUCH more than other popular off-road tire choices. I am going with a set of Mickey Thompsons almost immediately after delivery of my Bronco.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought the gator back version compatible with the rock rails off the Ford accessories site today. I was surprised they were there.
YAY! I hope they add one for steps too!
Sponsored