Sponsored

My Bronco sucks off-road! Terrible rock chips after 80 miles on county dirt roads.

JPG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, it IS a Goodyear tire problem, they’re mud tires and their design is particularly good for picking up every rock and throwing it. Doesn’t make the tire bad, just bad for rocky roads when it’s meant for dirt. Laughable on the mud flaps though, no manufacturer adds mud flaps, that’s on you.
Going to blow your mind...Toyotas come with mud flaps....
Sponsored

JPG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm going to laugh when folks actually go off roading with their mud flap equipped Bronco. A little repositioning required in the rocks and you'll see them get ripped right off.

I've had it happen and from then on mud flaps were removed. I think I still have a box of the ones from my FJCruiser that was sold.

Don't get me wrong. If you drive on gravel on a regular basis, then you probably need them. Or any other on road / 'light-roading' condition where debris get thrown. Just recognize when they can be a liability.
I do rock crawling with my FJ and still have my mud flaps, nothing thorn off...They fold and get pinched and squeezed, and stay there.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gotcha. I'm 6 ft and it varies if I use them as a step or not. Depends on the day I guess, lol. When I get out of the vehicle and don't use it, my leg does rub on the rock rail, but it never bothers me. Unless it's covered in mud and I'm wearing dress pants :ROFLMAO:
May it always be covered it mud! (new B6G toast!)

BRONCBOY21

Base
First Name
Ayres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I put these on the second day I had it (universal flaps cut and drilled to fit). They keep the main body protected but the rear door handle and fender flare still get crap. I'm going to replace with a slightly longer flap that should fix the issue.

20211113_141648.jpg

20211113_141655.jpg

20211116_171731.jpg
Do you mind sharing where you got these at i would like to try something like this

Sponsored

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I do rock crawling with my FJ and still have my mud flaps, nothing thorn off...They fold and get pinched and squeezed, and stay there.
Glad it works for you. I pulled mine before I had an issue. Another truck had them get pinched when moving backwards, combined with the tire rotating backwards pulled it down and off.

Gourik31

Badlands
First Name
Gourik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Im saving up for new set of 35s before I get the vehicle. lmao

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m sorry, this should be common sense when you run zero mud flaps and sidesteps…
My Tacoma gets the same thing on stock 30s

JonD

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburu Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It is a truck.......but I understand yor point as it is new...get your first dent and then it all doesnt matter

Sponsored

4L0wBr0nc0

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR Recon Edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I'm lucky to own a 2008 BMW Z4 Coupe. Just 113,000 miles old (young for my fleet). I've had BMW OE mud guards on it since I've owned it at 23,000 miles. It sees an average MPH of around 50 (based on the body computer readout). The rocker panels in front of the rear wheels look sand-basted (because they have been) to the point the black paint looks gray. Would I like the damage not to happen and keep what is a rare car looking pristine, but I don't blame it on the tires, or the mud guards, or BMW. If it bugs me, at some point I'll get the rockers resprayed.

Vehicles just sustain road damage when used. No one is trying to be an ass-h here, most are just being realistic and practical.

Just a fact of life.
I'm no stranger to the pristine vehicle thing myself, and I certainly agree that any vehicle that drives on the road, whether its "on" or off" road, is going to see some sign of use and visible wear and tear to its exterior. That's not my point. But I will say that I have yet to personally own a vehicle that does damage to itself in it's stock form like the Bronco does equipped with the Sasquatch tires. Your Z4 story is certainly one, and I am sure there are others, but I'd say that that is probably not the norm or expectation of most who purchase a new vehicle. And if you're saying "you bought an off-road vehicle with 35" MT's on it!", trust me, I fully understand that. But also know that I bought two Jeep Rubicon Recons last year, both with 33" Falken MT tires on them stock, and not once did I hear rocks/pebbles bouncing off the doors while driving on the pavement.

For the record, I'm note saying the "Bronco is terrible off-road" as the title to the thread reads or "blaming" anyone for anything. I love my Bronco. I am simply saying that not all well designed AT or MT tires throw SMALL PEBBLES or rocks even when driving on pavement. These Sas tires do. I hope I'm not coming across as an ahole or anything, that is certainly not my intention.

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I tried the same brand on my outer banks, but they will not work.
Well, they are flat and universal like the others in this thread . . . you might need to trim them and "custom install" like the others are showing with their installs. Seems like the Plasticolor flaps are no different, only they are better due to being fiberglass reinforced.

87gpe

First Edition
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe, Supra
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This is part of the reason the gen 2 Raptor has the huge sidestep rails. People started taking those off and destroying the side of their trucks. I never removed mine but you could hear every rock smashing in to them whenever you traveled on gravel.

I've noticed these tires hold rocks like crazy, as everyone else has. That said, any off road vehicle is going to get paint beat up and that's just life. Hell, on the road they get destroyed with how thin paint in these days.
Sponsored