Sponsored

My Bronco sucks off-road! Terrible rock chips after 80 miles on county dirt roads.

Lovecato

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To Ford and anyone who will listen. The Bronco Sasquatch is terrible. The tires, fender design destroy the vehicle.

My family has some land and I have to drive 40 miles each way down a county dirt road to access it.
After just driving around town I already had two chips in my door due to the tires picking up rocks so I had PPF installed on all four doors, this cost me almost $1,000
After traveling to my families land this last weekend I was appalled at what I found when I returned home and washed my Bronco. My rear fenders are trashed, one door handle torn up and my PPF is destroyed. I also took a rock chip on the front of the door even ahead of where the PPF is located on the passenger front door.

How can Ford sell a vehicle that literally rips its self apart driving down a county dirt road??

For reference, I've owned a 2011 FJ Cruiser, 2015 F-150, 2017 F-250 and 2018 Ford Raptor. These vehicles all took dozens of trips down the same road and never took any damage at all. One trip with my Bronco and I'm sure I have hundreds, if not thousands of dollars in damage to the vehicle.

Ford, How I am supposed to take this vehicle off-road without destroying it?!

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg
So sorry for you.....and me in a sense as I still did not receive any production date for an 2nd August 2020 reservation! Waiting this long and having your type of quality issues is not good. I also owned an FJ and still miss it! Had Toyota had an updated version that would have been my first choice by far! Hope Ford does well by you!!

427Comet

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Super duty, 65 comet cyclone
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That’s the main reason I ordered my wildtrak with running boards. You may want to consider them I’m sure it would help some

TakeNoGuff

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Armada, Dodge Ram 2500 4x4, Soon Bronco BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To Ford and anyone who will listen. The Bronco Sasquatch is terrible. The tires, fender design destroy the vehicle.

My family has some land and I have to drive 40 miles each way down a county dirt road to access it.
After just driving around town I already had two chips in my door due to the tires picking up rocks so I had PPF installed on all four doors, this cost me almost $1,000
After traveling to my families land this last weekend I was appalled at what I found when I returned home and washed my Bronco. My rear fenders are trashed, one door handle torn up and my PPF is destroyed. I also took a rock chip on the front of the door even ahead of where the PPF is located on the passenger front door.

How can Ford sell a vehicle that literally rips its self apart driving down a county dirt road??

For reference, I've owned a 2011 FJ Cruiser, 2015 F-150, 2017 F-250 and 2018 Ford Raptor. These vehicles all took dozens of trips down the same road and never took any damage at all. One trip with my Bronco and I'm sure I have hundreds, if not thousands of dollars in damage to the vehicle.

Ford, How I am supposed to take this vehicle off-road without destroying it?!

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg
If your paint and fenders matter that much install some mud flaps. Thanks to your post I will be installing them when I get mine... Yes, it matters.

Sponsored

mik06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford Bronco My Bronco sucks off-road!  Terrible rock chips after 80 miles on county dirt roads. 5929476B-C0A5-4CF6-B66D-62FEDED5EBF5

My Jeep sucks off road too!! I’m returning this shit to the dealership for a full refund, this is just inexcusable. SMH.

yes it’s sarcasm.
Man you can make fun of him all you want, but that fender flare picture he posted should not look like that no matter how many dirt roads he has driven down. Looks like it is made of mild cheddar.

21BL2DR

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BL 2dr, 2021 BB 4dr, 2022 BS 2dr, trifecta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i can't imagine routine fire road driving without mudflaps. It's the very first mod I'm doing on mine when I get it. Long before lighting and katzkins, i'm getting mud flaps.
be very very careful interjecting common sense into this conversation. I mean holy crap.....when you drive this 4x4 with fatty tires on the gravel road it throws rocks. How dare Ford design such a travesty......

21BL2DR

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BL 2dr, 2021 BB 4dr, 2022 BS 2dr, trifecta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man you can make fun of him all you want, but that fender flare picture he posted should not look like that no matter how many dirt roads he has driven down. Looks like it is made of mild cheddar.
about any vehicle equipped like that , driving down those roads, will look exactly the same way. BUY MUD FLAPS.....helllllooooooooo

OP
OP
LLL

LLL

Badlands
First Name
Lyndon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
about any vehicle equipped like that , driving down those roads, will look exactly the same way. BUY MUD FLAPS.....helllllooooooooo
My 2011 FJ Cruiser, 2015 F-150, 2017 F-250 and 2018 Raptor never displayed such damage and I drove the raptor at much higher speeds than I would ever drive this on a dirt road.

Sponsored

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 2005 LJ Rubicon. It does great. None of my other vehicles ever took any damage off-road though.
Swap the tires to the Territory’s and see if still does great…if it does, then it’s the Bronco, if not, it’s you! lol

22greenfordbronco

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 mini cooper, 2020 Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It’s just a joke lol.

AP_2004

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E46 M3, IS250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Why in hell are you wasting everybody’s time with this foolishness?!!! You should not even be allowed to own an off road vehicle! Most of us are early reservations and just dying to have our rides and we keep getting passed up by people that don’t even have reservations!!! You should sell it and buy a Tesla! Freakin ridiculous!!! Scratches on an off road vehicle! Really?!
You really could’ve used a Snickers at this moment, b/c there’s no way this post caused you to be this annoyed😂

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The typical responses to all threads;

1. You should have known better and are stupid for buying a Bronco.
2. You should have known Ford is a compulsive liar and went to a high volume dealer and had the brains to have a contract signed in blood under a full moon.
3. I did (insert whatever pure luck move) to prevent this because I be smart.
4. (my personal favorite) I came on here to complain that you are wasting everyone's time, even though I am adding a worthless extra post myself and took the time to compose and post it!
5. Ford Sux!
6. It's not Ford's fault, none of it.

OP wants to vent because he laid out a fair chunk of change for something new and supposedly rugged. It got chewed up worse than expected under the most mild use imaginable.

My brother, vent away, we all need an ear to vent sometimes. Half of the folks responding believe it was a gravel road instead of dirt, 99% appear to assume you meant the vehicle was destroyed when you obviously meant it was a design flaw that would beat it to death eventually, and you even put that disclaimer about anyone who would listen.

They are too busy trying to be clever to actually read and comprehend. Pay them no mind, get some mud flaps and enjoy the ride!

(personally, I have no problem with chips and scratches I earn, but a door ding in a parking lot that I did not see happen will bother me forever.)

Bandit958

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
77 Bronco, 2021 F150 4x4 Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had a 2015 pickup with kinda the same issue, I live on a gravel road, was getting tons of stone chips, If you looked at the tires when I would get home, each one was loaded with stones, Had mud flaps installed solved the problem, so you really can't blame it on the Bronco, its the choice of tires, which now has me thinking of selling the 35" tires and wheels off of mine when I get it, and get some nice aftermarket.
Sponsored