Sponsored

My Bronco sucks off-road! Terrible rock chips after 80 miles on county dirt roads.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sasquatch definitely removes the crash bars (or rather neglects to install them).

Ordering the Sasquatch package is an indication that you intend to engage in off-road "abuse" of your Bronco (similar to the guy that had a bent Raptor). ;)

Now, the smart move (lol) would have been to get the steps which double as mud flaps and door ding protection devices.
I put bigger tires and a small lift on it. I don't think the step on the outer banks helps much. Putting on the KO2s helped a lot with mud throw, actually. I off road every single day because I live off road back in the woods. :LOL:
Sponsored

Austin Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Street Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sorry if I missed it but Iā€™ve seen some talk that the rock rails will help with this problem. I have a BD SAS coming soon and am wondering if I need to do anything. I wouldnā€™t mind getting different tires;however, Iā€™m not sure how it would work selling/trading the stock tires. Thanks

deanfromkelowna

Wildtrak
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, Tesla Model 3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
That is weird. I would think bigger tires would actually need them. Thanks for the info.
They don't fit. We know they put them on vehicles to reduce the risk of the tire being pushed into the passenger compartment. They also design the suspension in a way such that the failure mode moves the knuckle out and away. If you follow Munro Live on youtube you will have seen a walkthrough of a few front suspension systems where the design to prevent tire from intruding into the passenger was unique or special. All current vehicles manufactured have some things engineered into them to cause that.

My WAG is that they modeled what would happen with the larger tire, and found that while the risk without the bars is greater, the larger tires themselves reduce the risk enough that Ford was willing to live with it. Heck, maybe that is another difference on the sasquatch, where they put stronger materials in that area since that bar couldn't be included? Without talking to a design engineer from Ford, I don't think we will ever really know.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Now for the OP sharing their concerns. Thanks for that. I hadn't thought of it before seeing this post and it spurred me to identify local people who can do wraps. I'll definitely wrap my vehicle with a transparent protective wrap. I'll also work out something with a combination rock rail and step, whether finding someone local to fabricate something, or buy something already out there and modifying it. In my region of Minnesota & Wisconsin, I am more likely to run into brush and branches scraping along the side. I'm also planning to run the Goodyears until they are worn. Then I'll buy a second set of wheels and tires that will be 33 and more street-oriented. And I'll get a separate set of 35's for the weekends and the winter that I'll swap out when I get to where I'm going. That should cut down on the rocks getting whipped around down the road.

That said, fixing a fender or door is pretty easy since they come off so easy. I'm already planning to do my own undercoating because of that.

Sponsored

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do the Badlands have the crash bars? 2.3 7sp option.

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do the Badlands have the crash bars? 2.3 7sp option.
Yes I think the only Broncos without them are factory SASā€™s. I am gonna go to Home Depot and try to find some square plastic end caps for the bars. I donā€™t like the way they look all open like thatā€¦

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The key to your issue is to change your tires. Go talk with an expert at any tire store and he will know which brand/model will help eliminate the issue with the Goodyears.

Blueoval

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Explorer & 2010 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Itā€™s not just the Sasquatch..My non Sasquatch Badlands has a rock chip in the front passenger door and the back fender flares have rock pits also..I think the flares where stoped to short.They should have came down to the rock rails.
I second this on my badlands non sas in BOTH places as well. Rock chips on the rear fender flares from the front wheels and on the front door

Mdeamon

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai tucson
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
To Ford and anyone who will listen. The Bronco Sasquatch is terrible. The tires, fender design destroy the vehicle.

My family has some land and I have to drive 40 miles each way down a county dirt road to access it.
After just driving around town I already had two chips in my door due to the tires picking up rocks so I had PPF installed on all four doors, this cost me almost $1,000
After traveling to my families land this last weekend I was appalled at what I found when I returned home and washed my Bronco. My rear fenders are trashed, one door handle torn up and my PPF is destroyed. I also took a rock chip on the front of the door even ahead of where the PPF is located on the passenger front door.

How can Ford sell a vehicle that literally rips its self apart driving down a county dirt road??

For reference, I've owned a 2011 FJ Cruiser, 2015 F-150, 2017 F-250 and 2018 Ford Raptor. These vehicles all took dozens of trips down the same road and never took any damage at all. One trip with my Bronco and I'm sure I have hundreds, if not thousands of dollars in damage to the vehicle.

Ford, How I am supposed to take this vehicle off-road without destroying it?!

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg
My friend have a jeep and same problem
Buy some rock rail it will help
SmartSelect_20211127-184230_Chrome.jpg

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Deleted member 12876

The key to your issue is to change your tires. Go talk with an expert at any tire store and he will know which brand/model will help eliminate the issue with the Goodyears.
You said thereā€™s experts at the tire storesšŸ˜‚ come on man get real thereā€™s no experts lurking at the tire stores.
Just saying

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

when did you get yours? What colour?
I donā€™t have mine yet. Supposed to be delivered between Dec 15 to 21. I was a July 17th reserve and Jan 21st order. Have all the deadly sins and didnā€™t compromise to get it sooner.

A51 colour

deanfromkelowna

Wildtrak
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, Tesla Model 3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I donā€™t have mine yet. Supposed to be delivered between Dec 15 to 21. I was a July 17th reserve and Jan 21st order. Have all the deadly sins and didnā€™t compromise to get it sooner.

A51 colour
Gonna be a great Xmas present!

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Every time I took someone for a ride they where like what is that terrible noise it sounds like rocks hitting under your new Bronco, so I installed Nitto Ridge Grapplers and put 300 miles on so far and ever since I have heard no rocks clunking every time I drive on/off road, I am glad I already planned on switching the tires and wheels anyway but I didn't really want to do it at 400 miles! the Ridge Grapplers look awesome, make little noise and as on my other vehicles work great wet/dry-on/off road , so with all that said anyone want to buy a set of 5 Sasquatch wheels and tires with only 400 miles on them HAHA.
Ford Bronco My Bronco sucks off-road!  Terrible rock chips after 80 miles on county dirt roads. SmartSelect_20211127-184230_Chrome
Ford Bronco My Bronco sucks off-road!  Terrible rock chips after 80 miles on county dirt roads. SmartSelect_20211127-184230_Chrome
Good luck on snow and ice. The term pig on ice comes to mind. Iā€™ll gladly take rock throwing for grip on snow, ice, water and mud and rocks.
Sponsored