Sponsored

My Bronco sucks off-road! Terrible rock chips after 80 miles on county dirt roads.

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why is this even a thing. If you are that anal PPF the whole car. That is what I am going to do.
Sponsored

Clearwater native

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19F-59,16-E350, 65C10,05TJ, 67RSCamaro, 65malibuSS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good luck on snow and ice. The term pig on ice comes to mind. I’ll gladly take rock throwing for grip on snow, ice, water and mud and rocks.
It does not snow much in Florida and as far as a Pig I have a set on my Excursion and they perform excellent on road, in rain and off road, 10X better than the Michelins I took off,
My sasquatch tires and wheels are for sale maybe you are interested?

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It does not snow much in Florida and as far as a Pig I have a set on my Excursion and they perform excellent on road, in rain and off road, 10X better than the Michelins I took off,
My sasquatch tires and wheels are for sale maybe you are interested?
If I hadn’t ordered a sas I would be. :)

Golfmom

Black Diamond
First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carpooling Platinum Escalade ESV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I guess this means the fender flare deletes are a bad idea, considering I live in the desert and nothing but ROCKS grow here😏

Giordiesel

Wildtrak
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Oh my o_O... sell it and buy something that doesn't get dinged, you'll sleep better at night!

Sponsored

Bronco615

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevrolet Sonic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To Ford and anyone who will listen. The Bronco Sasquatch is terrible. The tires, fender design destroy the vehicle.

My family has some land and I have to drive 40 miles each way down a county dirt road to access it.
After just driving around town I already had two chips in my door due to the tires picking up rocks so I had PPF installed on all four doors, this cost me almost $1,000
After traveling to my families land this last weekend I was appalled at what I found when I returned home and washed my Bronco. My rear fenders are trashed, one door handle torn up and my PPF is destroyed. I also took a rock chip on the front of the door even ahead of where the PPF is located on the passenger front door.

How can Ford sell a vehicle that literally rips its self apart driving down a county dirt road??

For reference, I've owned a 2011 FJ Cruiser, 2015 F-150, 2017 F-250 and 2018 Ford Raptor. These vehicles all took dozens of trips down the same road and never took any damage at all. One trip with my Bronco and I'm sure I have hundreds, if not thousands of dollars in damage to the vehicle.

Ford, How I am supposed to take this vehicle off-road without destroying it?!

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg
The bronco is only made to go off-roading at your local grocery store when you hit the curb you need a jeep.

BigSkyBadlander

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Honda Element 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To Ford and anyone who will listen. The Bronco Sasquatch is terrible. The tires, fender design destroy the vehicle.

My family has some land and I have to drive 40 miles each way down a county dirt road to access it.
After just driving around town I already had two chips in my door due to the tires picking up rocks so I had PPF installed on all four doors, this cost me almost $1,000
After traveling to my families land this last weekend I was appalled at what I found when I returned home and washed my Bronco. My rear fenders are trashed, one door handle torn up and my PPF is destroyed. I also took a rock chip on the front of the door even ahead of where the PPF is located on the passenger front door.

How can Ford sell a vehicle that literally rips its self apart driving down a county dirt road??

For reference, I've owned a 2011 FJ Cruiser, 2015 F-150, 2017 F-250 and 2018 Ford Raptor. These vehicles all took dozens of trips down the same road and never took any damage at all. One trip with my Bronco and I'm sure I have hundreds, if not thousands of dollars in damage to the vehicle.

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg
I don't think off-roading is truly for you. Maybe buy a new Defender?

MrWindowsAZ

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013/2018 Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's an off-road vehicle. If you wanted a trailer queen you shoulda bought a Landy.

BigSkyBadlander

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Honda Element 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

On a serious note... did you know that you have to let the paint cure for 30-60 days before you go ripping down a dirt road?

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's primarily the tires. They collect rocks worse than most other designs.
Yes the tires grab rocks. I've drivin them in the snow they are as good or better than any other offroad tire for snow packed roads and ice. Better than KO2s IMO. About the same as Flaken AT3Ws.

But I'll be swapping for a summer off road tire (probably Toyo MTs) for better off road performance and to avoid this kind of damage during summer months.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
On a serious note... did you know that you have to let the paint cure for 30-60 days before you go ripping down a dirt road?
I thought that was what my extended stay at Dirt Mountain was for!!! Extended paint cure, at no extra cost.

Sardine

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Elantra N - 6 speed & 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You paid $1000 for PPF and they didn't wrap the edges? One of the dings you pointed out is literally on the edge and if they did the wrap correctly it would have helped.

I'm definitely getting mud flaps when mine arrives, though.

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You said there’s experts at the tire stores😂 come on man get real there’s no experts lurking at the tire stores.
Just saying
Ha, thank you for the laugh GOAT23! There is no question that you need to hunt for the experts. They are generally the ones hiding in the back office, after dealing with clients for so many years. The young ones on the floor definitely are not experts!

OP
OP
LLL

LLL

Badlands
First Name
Lyndon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You paid $1000 for PPF and they didn't wrap the edges? One of the dings you pointed out is literally on the edge and if they did the wrap correctly it would have helped.

I'm definitely getting mud flaps when mine arrives, though.
I'll give them a shout, The back edges are wrapped, the front are not. Don't know why.
Sponsored