Sponsored

My Bronco was in a police chase...not OJ.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Like the title says, I was riding with a buddy in my 2dr Black Diamond 7spd. This matters because it is part of the story.

My Buddy is going to order a Bronco, but a 4 dr. I pick him up and tell him to drive. He declined, saying it's been a few years since he has driven MT. I tell him "it's fine, its such an easy truck to drive, give it a shot", he says no thanks, so I oblige and keep driving.

On our way to a local brew pub for an early happy hour, we approach a blind corner. Suddenly, I see a car in the opposite lane stop suddenly. Immediately after, one car rounds the corner, and immediately avoids the stopped car and swerves all the way in my lane. Immediately, to avoid the head on collision, I swerve into the ditch, drive perpendicular over somebody's drive way, and come to a stop in the ditch. I was going 45, but immediately started slowing when the car in the left stopped and probably took the ditch around 25 MPH.

The first car passes, then 4 police vehicles all take over my lane. I wait a few seconds, see no other vehicles coming, pull out of the ditch and keep driving.

About 1/2 mile later, two more police cars are coming, this time they are coming down both lanes. One weaving through traffic in their lane, and the other takes over my lane and is driving towards me. I drive over the curb, this time all the way onto the grass and sidewalk. I wasn't going fast here, about 5 mph when I went over the curb.

Needless to say, my buddy was happy he declined the offer to drive the Bronco. All in all, a unique experience to share, but I was happy I was in the Bronco. I think the Bronco as well as the Off-Rodeo experience gave me some confidence and training to drive the vehicle in a way I might not have before. I

Anyway, it was a car chase, the police didn't catch him at this time, and I believe they called off the chase because it got to dangerous. This was a suburban residential area, not your typical place for a police chase, and not even your typical place for police activity in general. The police caught the guy a few hours later, from what I read.

Stay safe y'all!
Sponsored

OP
OP
rugbysecondrow

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

1. Glad your safe.
2. Wow
3. Is there a way we can blame supply chain for this?
4. Rugby is the best sport. 15s and 7s.
The suspect was chased after a home invasion...so maybe supply chain related? LOL

Rugby is the best. I am older, 44, so I played 15's in college and men's clubs afterwards. At the time, 7's was what we played during the summer to stay in shape for 15s. Now 7's is an entity unto itself, which is very cool.

Sponsored

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1. Glad your safe.
2. Wow
The suspect was chased after a home invasion...so maybe supply chain related? LOL

Rugby is the best. I am older, 44, so I played 15's in college and men's clubs afterwards. At the time, 7's was what we played during the summer to stay in shape for 15s. Now 7's is an entity unto itself, which is very cool.
You boys ever go to any of the MLR game? Not sure where you are located but I went to four or five games in LA and they were always a blast. I hope the league continues to grow gear stateside and really develop the US national team

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1. Glad your safe.
2. Wow
But 7s is best.

I prefer playing wing but due to my height I'm always asked to play forward.

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Agree about USA rugby.

Haven’t been to a game in years but my club was an original MLR team.

You boys ever go to any of the MLR game? Not sure where you are located but I went to four or five games in LA and they were always a blast. I hope the league continues to grow gear stateside and really develop the US national team

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Being an old LEO I've been in a number of chases, and yes they are very dangerous. Glad you didn't get hit in all the action, and are OK.

It always amazed me that if I forgot to turn off the blue light in the day time everyone would notice, and pull over. But, I could be running blue lights and sirens, and some wouldn't notice. People are strange that way. :)

Sponsored
OP
OP
rugbysecondrow

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No MLR yet, bit I do see quite a few national matches.

In March 2020 I want to LA for the World Rugby Sevens Championship. If not for the restriction in Cali, I would travel back this year.

I normally travel to see a match a year. USA vs New Zealand in DC this year, Sevens, Ireland in New Jersey, All Blacks in Chicago, USA v Russia in Denver. Old teammate got us into the after party for USA v. Russia, it was a blast.

I am not a small guy, for frame of reference, I am 6'2", #225...that tall guy was their Lock. Amazing size and athleticism.

Photo of me down by the pitch, then a photo with some of the players at the after party.

USA won, and the Russian team was unimpressed with having to attend the party...but such is tradition.
Ford Bronco My Bronco was in a police chase...not OJ. Screenshot_20211225-121718~2
Ford Bronco My Bronco was in a police chase...not OJ. Screenshot_20211225-121650~2

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Like the title says, I was riding with a buddy in my 2dr Black Diamond 7spd. This matters because it is part of the story.

My Buddy is going to order a Bronco, but a 4 dr. I pick him up and tell him to drive. He declined, saying it's been a few years since he has driven MT. I tell him "it's fine, its such an easy truck to drive, give it a shot", he says no thanks, so I oblige and keep driving.

On our way to a local brew pub for an early happy hour, we approach a blind corner. Suddenly, I see a car in the opposite lane stop suddenly. Immediately after, one car rounds the corner, and immediately avoids the stopped car and swerves all the way in my lane. Immediately, to avoid the head on collision, I swerve into the ditch, drive perpendicular over somebody's drive way, and come to a stop in the ditch. I was going 45, but immediately started slowing when the car in the left stopped and probably took the ditch around 25 MPH.

The first car passes, then 4 police vehicles all take over my lane. I wait a few seconds, see no other vehicles coming, pull out of the ditch and keep driving.

About 1/2 mile later, two more police cars are coming, this time they are coming down both lanes. One weaving through traffic in their lane, and the other takes over my lane and is driving towards me. I drive over the curb, this time all the way onto the grass and sidewalk. I wasn't going fast here, about 5 mph when I went over the curb.

Needless to say, my buddy was happy he declined the offer to drive the Bronco. All in all, a unique experience to share, but I was happy I was in the Bronco. I think the Bronco as well as the Off-Rodeo experience gave me some confidence and training to drive the vehicle in a way I might not have before. I

Anyway, it was a car chase, the police didn't catch him at this time, and I believe they called off the chase because it got to dangerous. This was a suburban residential area, not your typical place for a police chase, and not even your typical place for police activity in general. The police caught the guy a few hours later, from what I read.

Stay safe y'all!
I initially thought you were going to say the Police pulled you over just to see the BRONCO!!!

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In March 2020 I want to LA for the World Rugby Sevens Championship. If not for the restriction in Cali, I would travel back this year.

I normally travel to see a match a year. USA vs New Zealand this year, Sevens, Ireland in New Jersey, All Blacks in Chicago, USA v Russia in Denver. Old teammate got us into the after party for USA v. Russia, it was a blast.

I am not a small guy, for frame of reference, I am 6'2", #225...that tall guy was their Lock. Amazing size and athleticism.

Photo of me down by the pitch, then a photo with some of the players at the after party.

USA won, and the Russian team was unimpressed with having to attend the party...but such is tradition.
Ford Bronco My Bronco was in a police chase...not OJ. Screenshot_20211225-121650~2

Nice!! Yeah I’ve been to a few USA games.

Hoping for a trip to France for the RWC coming up but who knows if that’ll actually happen
Sponsored