Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's really a shame the dealer experience is so inconsistent all over the place. My dealer was great, but yours sounds like a total nightmare. It's 2022. I feel at some point Ford and other OEMs need to revamp and overhaul the car buying experience. Blast Steve Jobs for being a complete ass at times, but he revolutionized computer and electronics buying experience with an entirely closed ecosystem that they could control. The Apple Stores were the way to go, and made more money per SQFT than anything else out there.

I know it's different with cars and other vehicles. But selling direct to consumer sounds so much better FOR the consumer.
Sponsored

Gilligans_off

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2 Dr Bronco Badlands Sas/lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nobody jumped on anyone, we are just skeptical there is more to this story, as there often is.
It doesn't change that the OP was wronged. The guy's clearly going through a harrowing ordeal after waiting for his vehicle. He shouldn't have to repeatedly defend himself. 9/10 times it's a dealership at fault.

SCBronco1

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Lariat Fx4, 2012 BMW X3, 2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Did that yesterday and was shuffled out the door with "we will call you"
I would politely park my butt in one of the chairs at the dealership and just stare at employees until they do something. My area has a local NEWS station that handles things like this, I would contact them, at this point what do you have to loose?
Also, I would contact my attorney and have him/her call on your behalf. When the dealership realizes that you can't and won't allow yourself to be taken advantage of they might start singing a different tune.

I truly feel bad for you and your situation, maybe contact another dealership in your area and try and get the territory Ford reps information and call them.

SCBronco1

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Lariat Fx4, 2012 BMW X3, 2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Go to the dealership

BE NICE

Ask what plan to do to make it right.

BE NICE

Keep asking until you get an answer.

BE NICE

Record everything. Takes lots of batteries.

BE NICE

Don't leave until the police ask you to. Leave immediately then and be extra nice.
ALSO TELL THEM THAT YOU ARE RECORDING, in case it gets bad and you have to go to court.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Darby 3825

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
ALSO TELL THEM THAT YOU ARE RECORDING, in case it gets bad and you have to go to court.
I'm not the suing type. At this point I just want them to cop to it. We all make mistakes, but dicking me over by sticking their head in the sand and ignoring me is frustrating.

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah sure, I must work for them

So, since the time you ordered and when you got their email, how much contact have you had with them? Things like this rarely just happen. How often did you talk to your salesman?
Stop victim blaming or get off the thread, already.

Sponsored

doyouglas

Black Diamond
First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This any future bronco owner worse nightmare. To avoid this happening to me, I was tracking my bronco everday on the railcar. When the day I called CSX railcar, it says it departed the last stop of the railyard to the dealership and I called the dealership that morning and said the car was delivered and the inventory person had to check the lot. I was in the next day to pick up the car.

Sorry this happened to you.

Last edited:

Stache12

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's really a shame the dealer experience is so inconsistent all over the place. My dealer was great, but yours sounds like a total nightmare. It's 2022. I feel at some point Ford and other OEMs need to revamp and overhaul the car buying experience. Blast Steve Jobs for being a complete ass at times, but he revolutionized computer and electronics buying experience with an entirely closed ecosystem that they could control. The Apple Stores were the way to go, and made more money per SQFT than anything else out there.

I know it's different with cars and other vehicles. But selling direct to consumer sounds so much better FOR the consumer.
IDK if its the car buying experience overall as it is just the abundance of shitty people.

Notmattwong

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

If we take away dealerships, the weirdos who “Like to negotiate” will get butthurt.

They’ll be like “back in the day, I haggled and bought my house for $100, 5 pounds of salt, and my sister!”
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.