First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm learning real quick that these boards can be a trial by fire. I have no interest in dealer shaming Grieco, but posted here looking for some guidance and maybe even venting on my part. So It's clear, I showed up at the dealer the day after I got the attached email. Only to find out this morning after running a VIN check that they sold it on the 19th.
I'm not sure I even want one now. :poop:
BB King's song "The Thrill is Gone" is applicable here. I know the feeling, having been through an attempted ADM even before delivery, which hasn't even occurred yet. If something like this happens to me, I'm just walking out, driving to a Jeep dealer, and ordering a similarly equipped Jeep. Ford just doesn't care. Why should they? Production is sold out for the foreseeable future and dealers have no problem getting people to pay exorbitant ADM's. There are folks on this forum who have admitted to paying ADM which explains why the practice will not end for a while.

If you are absolutely positive its' been sold to someone else, try to get your deposit back and walk out the door. Go buy something else. Let your blood pressure go back to normal. This is a fight you can't win.

Take care, contented.
Sponsored

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CG Wildtrak, E.R.A. 1966 Cobra 427 S/C replica
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It is pretty sad that anyone would ever have to have a signed purchase agreement. Any dealership that requires that is not worthy of our business if they cannot stand behind their word.
Any dealer that doesn’t offer a signed agreement as part of regular process should be avoided. Any consumer who doesn’t ask for one is a salesman’s dream.

talbot

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr BL AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm learning real quick that these boards can be a trial by fire. I have no interest in dealer shaming Grieco, but posted here looking for some guidance and maybe even venting on my part. So It's clear, I showed up at the dealer the day after I got the attached email. Only to find out this morning after running a VIN check that they sold it on the 19th.
I'm not sure I even want one now. :poop:
so what exactly happened when you went to the dealer the next day they notified you?
How did your deal not get locked in then?

SethPoeski

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW M3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP, this entire thing is just.. awful. I'm sorry you're dealing with this. I agree with others when they say, don't let this go, regardless of what happens. This is absolutely unacceptable on the dealership's end. I would plant my ass in their dealership and demand to speak to the general manager until this was resolved. I work remote, I can fire up my laptop and be on customer calls pissing off their entire sales team all day.

Sponsored

Opticnerve19

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti qx60
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There’s no way of getting your car back. When 2023 order banks open ask to be one of the first orders. Bump u up to the top. Ask for a complimentary service package / extended warranty for free. I’m a big fan of being a squeaky wheel but being an assertive polite one. The yelling customer doesn’t seem to do much for me but the one that’s upset and polite goes much further

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Op that sucks. But…..
Ill say it again.
there is zero customer service left in this world. Nobody cares. As soon as you accept it,life gets easier. Most places or people will screw you given the chance. World we live in now.

Racerdad

Badlands
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP, I am so sorry that this happened. But by now you know enough that you realize that your bronco is not coming back. So, what would make it right? An apology? A replacement order at original price and expedited production? A simple pass-through to you of the ADM that the dealer surely pocketed? Just curious about the strategy on how to make the dealer own up to the circumstances and correct their "mistake".

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If we take away dealerships, the weirdos who “Like to negotiate” will get butthurt.

They’ll be like “back in the day, I haggled and bought my house for $100, 5 pounds of salt, and my sister!”
Sounds suspiciously like something Matt Wong would say

Sponsored

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

With a $20k markup, I can see dealers taking the quick easy money and saying F you. It is why I will never own another ford product in my life. I'm done, moving back to Toyota.
I heard Toyota and just about every other manufacturer also has ADM. Not sure about any other shenanigans.

MishMashBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My dealership needed something with my old address on it, the one I had when I ordered the Bronco. They needed to show Ford the I was the original order holder. I’ve moved since I ordered it.
People have been born and died...countries changed governments...there has even been an olympics event since a lot of us have ordered lol.

OP - After waiting two years (which I also am STILL in this boat), you are showing amazing restraint not going down to the dealership and "snapping" on folks. Man there are going to be some people in traction if this happens with mine.

Bender

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You are here to stir the pot. You just joined today and this is your first post. The cars sold, they won’t get it back. All they can do is order you another one or ignore you like they are.
Some people join when they have reason to post. OP has a helluva reason. If I order a Hummer EV and a dealer pulls the same **** on me, I'm gonna find a forum and post about it.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.