Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I love the posts of "well you waited too long after the dealer emailed you"

Is there some unwritten rule where a deposit on a vehicle reservation is null and void if you wait too long? (like the 5 second rule, but with deposits/down payments)
I’m sure there is. You can’t just leave it there indefinitely until you decide to pick it up. This isn’t the case with the OP, but there must be some rule on how long they can hold it.
Sponsored

Reactions: Jdc

mharvey04

Outer Banks
First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot - Touring
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford not gonna do a damn thing, just look at all the Broncos, F150 lightnings etc. for well over $100k. All these articles talking about Ford doing this or that lol... @Ford Motor Company hasnt done anything and the threats by Ford to dealers are made just to appease the consumer.
I have heard that Ford threatened to pull licenses on dealers that are doing this. Some dealers were attempting ADM of around 40k on lightning orders. *allegedly* now will Ford actually pull licenses- we shall see

Tugboat69

Outer Banks
First Name
Tug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX LUX, 2008 F250 6.4,1997 F250 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would hire a well-known local lawyer and then talk to the local tv station. if it starts getting some media attention you will not only get your bronco but you may even get free upgrades. once it is on media train and a well-known lawyer is on the case.... stuff just falls in line.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ah, the dealer's advocate.
Not at all, the OP is a GM of a boat dealer, it’s pretty standard when you order something to get a written and signed agreement of what and how much you’ll be purchasing it for, they should know better than anyone. It’s been discussed on this forum hundreds of times. Then someone gets screwed and gets brought back up again. The dealer is a scum bag but the OP let it happen by not having the deal worked out before the bronco showed up.

niterider006

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored

ET13

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
sub'd for update

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ya I'd love to hear that discussion (at least I hope we get an update).

I'll wait to pass judgment until we hear what they say. Ultimately, mistake or not, the dealership has all of the control and we as consumers have NONE (on our custom orders). That HAS to change, Ford needs to fix this period.

Dan66

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 explorer platinum 2014 ram limited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They offered to Call Lets see how the call Goes !

MishMashBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Here’s all I want from the dealer:
Sorry we messed up. We are going to do our best to locate you what you ordered either through Ford, or possibly another dealer stock that was either canceled or not picked up. We really don’t want you have to wait for another to be built but may no choice. If you do have to wait on a new build we will honor your original MSRP and offer an extended warranty at no charge.

That’s really all I’m looking for. I can’t even get call back
More than reasonable I feel. MORE than. I'd be out for blood myself.

negativezero

Big Bend
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If this were me, I wouldn't leave it to a phone call.
Much easier to make your point and watch them squirm when you're looking them in the eyes as they try to feed you BS. They also have nowhere to hide or means of wriggling out of a tough spot.

Plus the joy of twisting the knife with a few seconds of intense silence before you pull out proof that they're lying to your face (depending on what they say, and given the VIN tracking you've already done).

Sponsored

Alex Sector

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love the posts of "well you waited too long after the dealer emailed you"

Is there some unwritten rule where a deposit on a vehicle reservation is null and void if you wait too long? (like the 5 second rule, but with deposits/down payments)
This is from my signed agreement. $2500 deposit.

Capture.PNG

Bender

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is from my signed agreement. $2500 deposit.

Ford Bronco My Bronco was sold to someone else. 1659112984041
Yeah, that's a pretty narrow window. If the OP had the same agreement, though, he should be good, because he attempted to get it the same day as he was notified, trying to reach them via multiple methods.

niterider006

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If this were me, I wouldn't leave it to a phone call.
Much easier to make your point and watch them squirm when you're looking them in the eyes as they try to feed you BS. They also have nowhere to hide or means of wriggling out of a tough spot.

Plus the joy of twisting the knife with a few seconds of intense silence before you pull out proof that they're lying to your face (depending on what they say, and given the VIN tracking you've already done).
I agree. This NEEDS to be done face to face.

Bender

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The dealer is a scum bag but the OP let it happen by not having the deal worked out before the bronco showed up.
What more should the OP have done to "work the deal out"? He put down money, reserved his Bronco through the dealer, got updates on build progress, and then tried to get it the day he was notified by the dealer. I mean, I guess he could have had a team of lawyers vetting each step of the process, but that's not really typical in a car purchase.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.