Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One: Get a Lawyer and sue FORD motor company not the dealer. FORD allowed this to happen. You have proof. If you want a vehicle to "settle" FORD should get you one directly to any dealer and make a swap if you choose to continue to work with the current dealer (I personally would not).
Ah yes, the American dream, legal action.

Ford likely has no idea what goes on at any particular dealer, nor would they likely care... so how did they "allow this to happen"?
Sponsored

negativezero

Big Bend
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Here’s the update, just left the dealer and they finally admitted they sold it to someone else. I have been assured they will make it right and are looking for the same or similar build that is complete or almost complete.
that’s all I wanted.
I'm glad you've gotten them to admit to it, and make a pledge to try to make it right.

Recommendation for the next time you show up (next week, next 2 weeks, next month, whatever). Arrive with an agreement (read: contract) "following our discussion on 7/30" for them to sign indicating the window of time that they have to accomplish this, the degree of variance in your order you are willing to accept, and price restraint to MSRP or whatever your price protection level was going to be for an early reservation.

Plus incremental liquidated damages in the form of MSRP discounts for them failing to meet their replacement time window.

If you leave this open ended, they're not incentivized to make good on their word, to make amends for their bad behavior, and to resolve the formation of your original order. What they're going to do is wait until they get an order that's so ugly that they feel they can't sell it, has massive damage repairs, no one is nibbling, and they're going to try to fork it over on you.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Here’s the update, just left the dealer and they finally admitted they sold it to someone else. I have been assured they will make it right and are looking for the same or similar build that is complete or almost complete.
that’s all I wanted.
Well, I hope they find one that matches your order (or even better). Did they say, was it "accidentally" sold? I hope they make this a priority. If not....I would tell them that they can be destroyed in social media...they will never understand or know the lost future sales from bad publicity. Musch luck to you.

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
that’s all I wanted.
Way to go! CONGRATULATIONS OP!

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My spidey sense is telling me THEY AINT GONNA DO SHIT unfortunately. I think you’re gonna have to get ahold of some higher ups in order for them to do the right thing.
Can you put your spider sense "Feelings' into words. I have complete confidence that the dealership will take good care of OP, and he will be deeply satisfied. I do not need to wish him luck either.

Sponsored

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ah yes, the American dream, legal action.

Ford likely has no idea what goes on at any particular dealer, nor would they likely care... so how did they "allow this to happen"?
This ☝

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

that’s all I wanted.
Great news, glad you’re satisfied with the outcome.
if it were me I’d ask for a Raptor at MSRP but that‘d be reaching LOL.
i hope at the very least they find your exact build or better and get it to you pronto.
what a f’ing ordeal.….but you’re going to love this ride once it arrives.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I really don't see how they can make it right, because it's not like they can snap their fingers and replace it tomorrow (or even this week). I have no clue how much longer the OP will have to wait or how much time/effort/money it will take to "make it right", but I do know that I would not have much faith in the dealer until proven otherwise.

jleafgre

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Don't take this wrong because nothing pisses me off more than immoral/unethical businesses, especially in situations like this when you wait significant time for a car you probably have been wanting since you were a kid. At the end of the day, if all you had was a $100 reservation deposit and a $500 order deposit and no other agreement in place, the dealer sold "their" car and failed to honor "your" reservation. They need to refund your deposits since they didn't honor them but outside of some state law, probably not much legal recourse. If Ford wants to move towards the built to order model, these dealers will learn the hard way that their future is bleak and it will be a constant Ponzi scheme for them to keep their doors open.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Can you put your spider sense "Feelings' into words. I have complete confidence that the dealership will take good care of OP, and he will be deeply satisfied. I do not need to wish him luck either.
Why do you have complete confidence in the dealer, they screwed him once, why would you expect a different outcome, let alone the OP be deeply satisfied?

Sponsored

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why do you have complete confidence in the dealer, they screwed him once, why would you expect a different outcome, let alone the OP be deeply satisfied?
Glass 1/2 full kind of guy. And I have a great relationship with my dealer. Could be Canadians are more trusting because they chose to trust people will do the right thing, especially after a bad experience.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Glass 1/2 full kind of guy. And I have a great relationship with my dealer. Could be Canadians are more trusting because they chose to trust people will do the right thing, especially after a bad experience.
US dealers not so much.

I thought for a minute you were Mike Levine incognito ready to help.

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Bwah hahaha.

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
US dealers not so much.

I thought for a minute you were Mike Levine incognito ready to help.
Time will tell. My money is on the dealership doing the right thing.
edit: plus we all know @Ford Motor Company is in fact following this thread too.

Status
Not open for further replies.