Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, '01 Z8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The lady at the tow lot said the same thing. Said she was standing next to the car when it started and it scared the shit out of her. Said that it shouldnā€™t have been towed.
I just feel bad for my sister. She felt horrible. Plus pissed that they towed it with a temp tag
I can't stand predatory tow companies. Hope you got a recording of that woman saying it shouldn't have been towed in the first place. If I were you, I'd go over the thing with a microscope, then have my dealership do the same at the tow company's expense. If they balk, it might be a case for Steve Lehto (check YouTube).

Once, decades ago, I needed a tow for my Z8 (ended up being a dead battery, as in pick-it's-pockets-for-loose-change dead). It came with a roadside assistance plan so I called. Was warned not to jump it to avoid alternator damage, and assured they would bring a flatbed appropriate for the car (to avoid damage to front end). Tow truck shows up and it's one of those lift-the-front-wheels jobs with a tow bar. He tried to tell me that it wouldn't be a problem and therefore I had to pay him even if I didn't let him tow me, because reasons... and threatened all kinds of fun if I didn't. I started dialing 9-1-1 and he quickly decided it was time to leave (with appropriate expletives; use your imagination - he probably said that too). I called back roadside assist and eventually the right equipment showed up; I think the first driver just figured he could do the job in spite of the wrong equipment, and wasn't going to let dispatch or some over-cautious customer tell him otherwise.

Let us know when this is resolved to your full satisfaction, if it isn't already.

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands '07 Grand Prix GXP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Could be theFord accessory perimeter alarm system?
That answers one question, on some of ford/lincoln cars they have the alarm where it will trigger if it detects the vehicle being lifted. The mustang has that. I'm wondering on the ford accessory web site the alarm part they have does it add that ability? On the ford app if you goto the vehicle tab drag your finger down to refresh the screen it will contact your vehicle and update the location. The lincoln app has a refresh button to do that.

1Five1 Garage

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend, F350, 4Runner, 52 Ford F1 RatRod
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So could dragging it up on a rollback while in park.
was thinking the same thing. They much have shook it off the back as well.

Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I assumed remote start had a geofence requiring you to be within a certain distance from the vehicle for it to workā€¦

• Wow
Reactions: Cat

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reactions: Cat

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Could be theFord accessory perimeter alarm system?
Ford Perimeter Plus Vehicle Security System (ML3Z19A361A)

About This Product

Why Buy:

Have peace of mind that your vehicle is safe and secure with a vehicle alarm system from Ford Perimeter Plus. Its anti-theft system allows you to arm and disarm easily, with your key fob.

Details:

Use your factory key fobs to arm and disarm, helps provide contents protection too
  • When thereā€™s sufficient impact to the glass or a body panel, the 2-stage shock sensor determines whether to issue a warning chirp or full alarm
  • When activated by your Ford Dealer, the Basic Remote Start System is also included; start your vehicle from up to 300ā€™ away
  • Parking lights remain on during remote start so you know the engine is idling
  • Run time and other features are easily programmed through the vehicleā€™s driver information center
Note: This accessory is cheaper at Ruxer Ford Lincoln in Jasper, Indiana (forum sponsor @flip's store) -- $165.55 -- if you sign up for an account and notify him that you are a Bronco6G forum member. You must be logged into your account for the discounted price to show.

Last edited:

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands '07 Grand Prix GXP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Perimeter Plus Vehicle Security System (ML3Z19A361A)

About This Product

Why Buy:

Have peace of mind that your vehicle is safe and secure with a vehicle alarm system from Ford Perimeter Plus. Its anti-theft system allows you to arm and disarm easily, with your key fob.

Details:

Use your factory key fobs to arm and disarm, helps provide contents protection too
  • When thereā€™s sufficient impact to the glass or a body panel, the 2-stage shock sensor determines whether to issue a warning chirp or full alarm
  • When activated by your Ford Dealer, the Basic Remote Start System is also included; start your vehicle from up to 300ā€™ away
  • Parking lights remain on during remote start so you know the engine is idling
  • Run time and other features are easily programmed through the vehicleā€™s driver information center
Note: This accessory is cheaper at Ruxer Ford Lincoln in Jasper, Indiana (@flip 's store) -- $155.65 -- if you sign up for an account and notify him that you are a Bronco6G forum member.
Is this an additional part to add to the stock system in my Badlands/Lux?

bronco.mn

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX A-Spec
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That answers one question, on some of ford/lincoln cars they have the alarm where it will trigger if it detects the vehicle being lifted. The mustang has that. I'm wondering on the ford accessory web site the alarm part they have does it add that ability? On the ford app if you goto the vehicle tab drag your finger down to refresh the screen it will contact your vehicle and update the location. The lincoln app has a refresh button to do that.
Debating putting an AirTag in my center consoleā€¦

Sponsored
OP
OP
Wamland

Wamland

Outer Banks
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I can't stand predatory tow companies. Hope you got a recording of that woman saying it shouldn't have been towed in the first place. If I were you, I'd go over the thing with a microscope, then have my dealership do the same at the tow company's expense. If they balk, it might be a case for Steve Lehto (check YouTube).

Once, decades ago, I needed a tow for my Z8 (ended up being a dead battery, as in pick-it's-pockets-for-loose-change dead). It came with a roadside assistance plan so I called. Was warned not to jump it to avoid alternator damage, and assured they would bring a flatbed appropriate for the car (to avoid damage to front end). Tow truck shows up and it's one of those lift-the-front-wheels jobs with a tow bar. He tried to tell me that it wouldn't be a problem and therefore I had to pay him even if I didn't let him tow me, because reasons... and threatened all kinds of fun if I didn't. I started dialing 9-1-1 and he quickly decided it was time to leave (with appropriate expletives; use your imagination - he probably said that too). I called back roadside assist and eventually the right equipment showed up; I think the first driver just figured he could do the job in spite of the wrong equipment, and wasn't going to let dispatch or some over-cautious customer tell him otherwise.

Let us know when this is resolved to your full satisfaction, if it isn't already.
will def have it checked out when I get back home. Right now had to get off the highway because this storm rolling up the east coast is no fun.
Lots of SUVā€™s thinking they can glide through and ending up in a ditch on 95
After what happened a couple weeks ago in northern Virginia with people trapped I decided it wasnā€™t worth it.
Hunkered down at a hotel till tomorrow

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I assumed remote start had a geofence requiring you to be within a certain distance from the vehicle for it to workā€¦
That would be pointless. I love the fact I can be headed back to work across town, in a company vehicle and start my Bronco so it's ready when I get back to head home.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Debating putting an AirTag in my center consoleā€¦
I did put an AirTag in my Bronco. The center console is not a good space for them, too low in the vehicle where the metal of the doors blocks the signal. I purchased a Pelican Protector stick on mount and put it on top of the roll bar mid vehicle. Someone could see it with the entire top off, but I donā€™t anticipate having more than just the front panels off very often.
Sponsored