First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
77 F150 4x4 SB, 16 f150, 15 powerstroke,94 Honda A
Your Bronco Model
Base
Jumped my bronco today, got all 4 wheels off the ground about 2 feet. Soft landing too, i was kinda excited about how the HOSS suspension handled it. Probably won't do it again unless the wife insists (she won't and I'm not sure if I'm gonna tell her either) No pics or video sorry
Sponsored

Kameronatm

Badlands
First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

awesome rig! I keep waffling with a Base and a BD because of this upgradeability... I just really want that washout, mid, and rear locker too... Do we know if that winch setup will work with the Capable bumper?
RC told me NO and that they plan to release a version for the capable bumper early 22

Sponsored
OP
OP
kylesredapple

kylesredapple

Base
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks great, what % tint did you go with front and rear?
So I went with a 35% on the roll downs and a 20% for the rear.
My reasoning is that I go sight seeing for animals alot and its usually in dim light conditions but a certain amount of tint is needed no matter what because after a month of driving around its too bright and too hot especially with the dark upholstery and dark trim.

OP
OP
kylesredapple

kylesredapple

Base
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Recording a couple things that bug me about my bronco.

#1 I parked on an incline not too steep, put it in 1st gear and turned it off. went inside and when I came out my bronco had rolled down the incline 25 ft. never again will I not engage the parking break the engine doesn't have the compression strength to hold the bronco.

#2. Ford needs to find a new seatbelt manufacturer. their retraction springs suck and don't pull the seatbelt hard enough when you disengage it to pull it all the way in leaving the belt hanging where the door can close on it. also the angle of the shoulder roller is such that the seatbelt folds over and binds leaving the buckle in the doorway for it to be closed on.
#3 The grab bars are crap. Ergonomically they are useless to everyone taller than 4ft. I need to find a grab handle that can be installed above our heads and also one for people attempting to climb in the back.

OP
OP
kylesredapple

kylesredapple

Base
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
A year has passed since I got my bronco. i have 8346 miles on it. Flat towed it all over everywhere. Figured I would update the journal.
1) Still hate the grab bars but haven't found a fix I want to live with yet.
2) I am much more comfortable using it as a daily driver that I was at first.
3) I am a fool for not getting the lockers. The short wheelbase consistently puts a tire or two off the ground and then the ole mare just wont go.
4) Still happy with the color and modifications.
5) people still gawk and I like it.
6) my yeti 125 fits in the back and the door still closes.
7) The heater is amazing
8) 2 oil changes so far. My dealership takes like 3 hours to do them.
9) I LOVE the 2.3/7MT combo. its great
10) 0, none, nada mechanical issues of any kind so far.

20220211_164327.jpg
Sponsored