Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So hands down, the absolute coolest and most nicely finished BYOD rail out there IMO is made by the craftsman over at Archetype Racing @EIGHTLUG .

Unfortunately, that one is out of reach for me at the moment... so I made this one to hold me over until my "Bronco Fund" becomes healthy again.

It's made with a $13 aluminum Picatinny Rail from Amazon, some scrap aluminum angle, and a dollar or so worth of screws.

Basically, I cut the bulk of it out with a hacksaw and used several files to clean up the details. I plan on painting the top where the rail sits black, and the lettering the same color as the dash (so it's a little more subtle).

All in all, it was a fun little project. The material cost was low, but I spent several hours with file in hand.

20230225_112930.jpg
20230225_113904.jpg
20230225_172014.jpg
20230225_193858.jpg
20230225_193846.jpg
Are you kidding me? That looks like it was precision machine cut. Great job!
I do agree, I have the Archetype rail and it is incredible well made.
I have 2 phone mounts, a walkie mount, and several GoPro mounts on it and it has yet to budge, and all videos filmed from it are smooth as butter. Kudos to @EIGHTLUG for designing such a well built product.
Sponsored

s0nic2x

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
very well done, really makes the dash pop! also interested!

gerby151

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22Bronco Badlands (Honcho) '09 Harley Davidson
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will echo others in saying that this is awesome. I think if you wanted a side hustle or work with @Tricky Dick to get these produced that would be a bonus for the community. I would also suggest adding the different trim levels to the arsenal as well (and maybe powder coat to color match trim or exterior color). I would love to have one that spelled BADLANDS

OP
OP
MFP2241

MFP2241

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I will echo others in saying that this is awesome. I think if you wanted a side hustle or work with @Tricky Dick to get these produced that would be a bonus for the community. I would also suggest adding the different trim levels to the arsenal as well (and maybe powder coat to color match trim or exterior color). I would love to have one that spelled BADLANDS
My first attempt at this mount, was to have it say SQUATCH. It ended up BRONCO only because it was two fewer letters I had to cut by hand.

In my spare time (though my CAD skills are a little rusty), I'm attempting to recreate the design to see if I can get a few cut... we'll see how that goes. @Tricky Dick gave me some great info.

BodhiMac

Black Diamond
First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Very impressive

Sponsored

Tarponflyguy

Big Bend
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Big Bend 2 DR
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Me likely!!! I want!

Add me to the list!

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My first attempt at this mount, was to have it say SQUATCH. It ended up BRONCO only because it was two fewer letters I had to cut by hand.

In my spare time (though my CAD skills are a little rusty), I'm attempting to recreate the design to see if I can get a few cut... we'll see how that goes. @Tricky Dick gave me some great info.
SQUATCH might be the way to go to keep Ford off your back.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Bet your forearms look like Popeye after that project! Well done!

OP
OP
MFP2241

MFP2241

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bet your forearms look like Popeye after that project! Well done!
You have no idea. About 3 hours after I finished, my shoulder and arm started to lock up. I was sore as hell the next day.

Getting old sucks man! The mind is still willing, but the body tells me to pump the brakes a lot more often these days. I'm just to stubborn to listen.

Sponsored

BlakeD69

Badlands
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So hands down, the absolute coolest and most nicely finished BYOD rail out there IMO is made by the craftsman over at Archetype Racing @EIGHTLUG .

Unfortunately, that one is out of reach for me at the moment... so I made this one to hold me over until my "Bronco Fund" becomes healthy again.

It's made with a $13 aluminum Picatinny Rail from Amazon, some scrap aluminum angle, and a dollar or so worth of screws.

Basically, I cut the bulk of it out with a hacksaw and used several files to clean up the details. I plan on painting the top where the rail sits black, and the lettering the same color as the dash (so it's a little more subtle).

All in all, it was a fun little project. The material cost was low, but I spent several hours with file in hand.

20230225_193846.jpg
Very well done/ Thanks for sharing

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What have you mounted on the rail? I want a phone holder along with a GoPro do you have any mounts on it yet?

OP
OP
MFP2241

MFP2241

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
What have you mounted on the rail? I want a phone holder along with a GoPro do you have any mounts on it yet?
Right now I just plan on mounting my phone. I haven't purchased the actual phone clamp yet, but l have found a couple I like.

I did get a Picatinny adapter from Amazon. I also made a quick adjustable tilter out of some 3/8" thick aluminum angle (I just put a quick polish on it, but thinking about painting it).

Once I get the clamp I can post a pics

20230401_075746.jpg
Sponsored