Sponsored

My dealer did not use my 07-2020 reservation to order my Bronco Raptor. Any ideas why?

bias259

Raptor
First Name
Tobias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra HD
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
After going back and forth with my dealer and Ford, my dealer finally agreed to sell me the B Raptor w/o ADM (as they originally promised). I'm a 07-2020 reservation holder who was eligible to buy the Raptor. However, the dealer submitted the order, but not under my 2020 reservation number; my original reservation is still sitting out there unused. Any ideas why they may have done that other than it being an honest mistake???
Sponsored

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After going back and forth with my dealer and Ford, my dealer finally agreed to sell me the B Raptor w/o ADM (as they originally promised). I'm a 07-2020 reservation holder who was eligible to buy the Raptor. However, the dealer submitted the order, but not under my 2020 reservation number; my original reservation is still sitting out there unused. Any ideas why they may have done that other than it being an honest mistake???
What does your Ford account show?

modshiva

Everglades
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pathfinder
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I'm guessing they used you original res number for you to gain eligibility to order a raptor, but since its a special edition vehicle only offered to a select few persons probably labeled each person with a new number all together.

OP
OP

bias259

Raptor
First Name
Tobias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra HD
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
What does your Ford account show?
My Ford account only shows a Reservation Details status 1 ("Reservation Complete") as being completed; the other 2-5 steps show as incomplete. I did confirm with Ford that they show me as having a BRap reservation, but it's just under a different res number. My original res number is still available to use for a Bronco order.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Ford account only shows a Reservation Details status 1 ("Reservation Complete") as being completed; the other 2-5 steps show as incomplete. I did confirm with Ford that they show me as having a BRap reservation, but it's just under a different res number. My original res number is still available to use for a Bronco order.
Interesting

Sponsored

NJBronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Colorado Bison
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Same here. In my case, I think they really didn’t understand the process. When I log in, it is still an order from 2021, yet I was able to get info (VIN) direct from Ford with order number. Now, I just email Ford Performance to get status. I have the build sheet directly from the GM stating vehicle is belting sold at MSRP.

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

They may be letting you get the Raptor at MSRP, in exchange for your 2020 RSVP and they will add ADM to it.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The dealer will have a Bronco to sell from the original reservation.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This business of reservations seems pretty different than the usual dealer process where a customer comes in and either:
a) buys a vehicular in stock
b) buys one the dealer brings in from another dealer
c) places an order directly with the dealer, or
d) the dealer modifies a unscheduled stock order with what the customer wants

That is what they are used to, how things have been done for decades, and prefer because they then control the process.

This process for them is confusing and extra work with extra rules and seems to have all manners of places where things can get screwed up.

Not surprised when they just lizard brain it in the old way.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Same here. In my case, I think they really didn’t understand the process. When I log in, it is still an order from 2021, yet I was able to get info (VIN) direct from Ford with order number. Now, I just email Ford Performance to get status. I have the build sheet directly from the GM stating vehicle is belting sold at MSRP.
If you have the VIN, you can just add it to your account. Mine is the same way, I got tired of worrying about trying to fix it. My Ford account still shows my 2022 original order and even then its not correct as I made changes in January dropping the tow package trying to get it scheduled.
Sponsored