Sponsored

My Dealer is lying to get me to order in person (Why!?)

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I reserved a bronco a few months ago and was instructed by a dealer in central Florida to wait until the MY22 banks open up to convert my reservation to an order since I told him I wanted a 22’.

This morning Iwas going to submit the order online, but to decided to text him to confirm pricing since I’ve read the horror markup stories (He said I would pay sticker) so hopefully a text is proof enough if they try the bait and switch.

When I told him I was ready to order online he says “Ford is no longer allowing online orders“ so I‘d have to come in to the dealership. Not true at all, which I assumed was an honest mistake because this process has proven to be complicated to the point the dealers often aren’t clear on bronco info. So I sent him a screengrab showing my build and asking for a $500 deposit to submit my order. He then replies “You live far away, right? When can you come in?” Yes I own two homes one in Florida, one in Virginia, and rent an apartment in Seattle. I travel a lot and now it seems like it wasn’t misinformation and he lied to get me to come in instead of submitting the order online.

Anyone know what This tactic may be about?
Go to Ford.com and convert your reservation to an order yourself. You will see how much deposit your dealer requires and any other markup. If you don't like it don't order. If you do then pay the deposit on your credit card. The order then goes to the dealer where he confirms it.

What's the big deal?
Sponsored

BigSkyBadlander

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Honda Element 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not true at all. Please educate yourself. If he didn't convert his order when the system originally opened up he just didn't get first shot at the builds scheduled at the end of October to be built in December. There are multiple people that still haven't converted Day 1 reservations because they want a Modular hardtop that won't come until MY23 and Ford has said that is perfectly acceptable.
If you didn't "reorder" there is/was a time window for you to do so before Ford cancelled your reservation. What are you saying?

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you didn't "reorder" there is/was a time window for you to do so before Ford cancelled your reservation. What are you saying?
Sounds like you are talking about First Editions.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I mean that was my it initial thought he wants to slide in an extra 0 when he is still trying to get me to come in. But when I placed the reservation in July he said no markups and repeated that via text today,. But lying about the online order systems doesn’t make me feel great about my selected dealer

Never bought a new car, but strong snake oil vibes so far. One dealer in Virginia said if I ordered a bronco today with no time stamped reservation, I’d get it first quarter of 22’ :LOL:
He could be misinterpreting something Ford sent out. I would call the Ford marketing number on Monday to make sure, and I would configure and order myself online if at all possible: gives you confirmation and downstream information that you wouldn’t have if through the dealer.

(As we’ve seen on here, Dealers make ordering system mistakes, and less trustworthy ones could manipulate priority codes for favored builds or customers.)

Sponsored

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think that this is a Ford requirement now to weed out people that make reservations, and don't buy, or the eBay resellers who only want the profit, not the Bronco.

TXNavy

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon XLT 1500 4x4, Jeep Liberty Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm saying that you are wrong. If you had a reservation, even one converted to an order for MY21, you will still have it whether you put in an order for a MY22 or not. Unless you ordered a First Edition and in that case Ford has worked with those people to offer them special editions or priority builds. The only other way to lose your reservation is to go to the dealership and tell them you want to cancel and receive your $100 deposit back.

OP
OP
Sweetooth710

Sweetooth710

Badlands
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Go to Ford.com and convert your reservation to an order yourself. You will see how much deposit your dealer requires and any other markup. If you don't like it don't order. If you do then pay the deposit on your credit card. The order then goes to the dealer where he confirms it.

What's the big deal?
The big deal is I was hesitant to place the order online after reading the horror stories of dealers adding markups upon delivery. I’d like to think the online order tool is a measure Ford has taken to avoid this, but I’m still not sure if you convert your reservation. And the fact my dealer was either confidently ignorant about the order process or outright lying to me made me uneasy about ordering from them.

BigSkyBadlander

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm saying that you are wrong. If you had a reservation, even one converted to an order for MY21, you will still have it whether you put in an order for a MY22 or not. Unless you ordered a First Edition and in that case Ford has worked with those people to offer them special editions or priority builds. The only other way to lose your reservation is to go to the dealership and tell them you want to cancel and receive your $100 deposit back.
But, I am NOT wrong. There is a time limit for 2021 reservation holders to convert their reservation to a 2022 order. After they confirm and convert to an order they can 99 code it to hold it back from being scheduled.

OP
OP
Sweetooth710

Sweetooth710

Badlands
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update:

After being told a month ago I couldn’t switch dealers, I’ve successfully switched my reservation after the previous dealer didn’t respond to me trying to come in and build my bronco - the last straw for me to take my 60k elsewhere.

The second dealer, after some negotiating, signed a purchase agreement that I will pay msrp. I put down my $500 deposit through ford.com and it is now pending dealer acceptance.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
But, I am NOT wrong. There is a time limit for 2021 reservation holders to convert their reservation to a 2022 order. After they confirm and convert to an order they can 99 code it to hold it back from being scheduled.
Source?

BigSkyBadlander

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands