Sponsored

My Dealer is lying to get me to order in person (Why!?)

OP
OP
Sweetooth710

Sweetooth710

Badlands
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Harder to slide that piece of paper with $20k ADM on it over the phone...
I mean that was my it initial thought he wants to slide in an extra 0 when he is still trying to get me to come in. But when I placed the reservation in July he said no markups and repeated that via text today,. But lying about the online order systems doesnā€™t make me feel great about my selected dealer

Never bought a new car, but strong snake oil vibes so far. One dealer in Virginia said if I ordered a bronco today with no time stamped reservation, Iā€™d get it first quarter of 22ā€™ :LOL:
Sponsored

OP
OP
Sweetooth710

Sweetooth710

Badlands
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

all supposition of course; Dealer sales folks are way way better at manipulation than we are, it is literally how they make a living. They want you there in person to read your body language and to control the enviroment to maximize what they can extract from you. Email/Online, they lose a large part of their advantage. It is a power move to put you at a disadvantage. One might might want to reconsider doing business with someone who sets you up to be disadvantaged?
Yea, like you and someone else pointed out easier, to control the situation. Like, maybe he wanted talk me out of a black diamond and into a wildtrak lux package so could be itā€™s just a white sales lie. Still not a fan of being purposely mislead.

OP
OP
Sweetooth710

Sweetooth710

Badlands
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He probably just wants to give you a hammock in person and save some shipping costs. I wouldnā€™t worry about it, although if youā€™re not reordering thereā€™s no reason why it canā€™t be done onlineā€¦..at least none that I can think of.
If he wants to give me a hammock and see my indifference toward that useless piece of cloth then thatā€™s kinda sweet

OP
OP
Sweetooth710

Sweetooth710

Badlands
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now he is claiming you can only order 21ā€™ bronco online and for me to send him my build and he will put it in the system for me to save an 800 mile trip. Again, I told him I got an email link to order my 22ā€™ :mad:

Ford said last month I canā€™t switch dealers otherwise Iā€™d take my money elsewhere.

Thanks, but no thanks. Iā€™ll use the website.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Correct. I have a prior reservation so now if I go to the build and price tool it shows my $100 I put down and asks for an additional $500 deposit to covert to an order.
At the dealer when I ordered, they told me my $100 paid at reservation time was all that was required to convert to order. No additional money was needed for a down payment. Do t know if this was the dealers choice or routine.

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Now he is claiming you can only order 21ā€™ bronco online and for me to send him my build and he will put it in the system for me to save an 800 mile trip. Again, I told him I got an email link to order my 22ā€™ :mad:

Ford said last month I canā€™t switch dealers otherwise Iā€™d take my money elsewhere.

At the dealers today, they not only told me I could switch dealers, but they showed me an actual dealer change from one to them.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

You most certainly can switch dealers. Until you order, you are a free agent. And numerous people are changing dealerships after ordering in 2021.

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

A lot in this thread screams "RUN!" to me.
Order banks closed for MY2021 on 9/30.
Even though the ROVP thing requires a Photo ID, its not required to be given in person.

I would press him for a completed Purchase Agreement (not just the DORA/Order sheet, an actual document labeled Purchase Agreement or Buyer's Order) showing the total out-the-door price before even considering the trip, and tell him you will sign that copy and bring it with you and expect them to sign it and provide you a copy as well to lock in that price.

OP
OP
Sweetooth710

Sweetooth710

Badlands
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A lot in this thread screams "RUN!" to me.
Order banks closed for MY2021 on 9/30.
Even though the ROVP thing requires a Photo ID, its not required to be given in person.

I would press him for a completed Purchase Agreement (not just the DORA/Order sheet, an actual document labeled Purchase Agreement or Buyer's Order) showing the total out-the-door price before even considering the trip, and tell him you will sign that copy and bring it with you and expect them to sign it and provide you a copy as well to lock in that price.
Agreed. Thanks for that advice. They seem to be getting good allocation so Iā€™m gonna try to navigate his BS by doing what you said. If they Donā€™t sign purchase agreement Iā€™m running for The hills to another dealer.

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Out of curiosity, if one receives a message like the attached are you go to go?
Ford Bronco My Dealer is lying to get me to order in person (Why!?) 26522E78-AF09-4CBA-8E80-9152095376A8

Sponsored

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Out of curiosity, if one receives a message like the attached are you go to go?
Yes. It means your dealer got your order in and now you just wait for Ford to give you a build date.

BigSkyBadlander

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Honda Element 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I reserved a bronco a few months ago and was instructed by a dealer in central Florida to wait until the MY22 banks open up to convert my reservation to an order since I told him I wanted a 22ā€™.

This morning Iwas going to submit the order online, but to decided to text him to confirm pricing since Iā€™ve read the horror markup stories (He said I would pay sticker) so hopefully a text is proof enough if they try the bait and switch.

When I told him I was ready to order online he says ā€œFord is no longer allowing online ordersā€œ so Iā€˜d have to come in to the dealership. Not true at all, which I assumed was an honest mistake because this process has proven to be complicated to the point the dealers often arenā€™t clear on bronco info. So I sent him a screengrab showing my build and asking for a $500 deposit to submit my order. He then replies ā€œYou live far away, right? When can you come in?ā€ Yes I own two homes one in Florida, one in Virginia, and rent an apartment in Seattle. I travel a lot and now it seems like it wasnā€™t misinformation and he lied to get me to come in instead of submitting the order online.

Anyone know what This tactic may be about?

WAIT... am I reading this correctly? Did you let your original reservation lapse without placing an order for the MY22? If you didn't convert your reservation to order during the second ordering window...you would no longer even have a reservation. You would have had to put a deposit down as well....

TXNavy

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon XLT 1500 4x4, Jeep Liberty Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

WAIT... am I reading this correctly? Did you let your original reservation lapse without placing an order for the MY22? If you didn't convert your reservation to order during the second ordering window...you would no longer even have a reservation. You would have had to put a deposit down as well....
Not true at all. Please educate yourself. If he didn't convert his order when the system originally opened up he just didn't get first shot at the builds scheduled at the end of October to be built in December. There are multiple people that still haven't converted Day 1 reservations because they want a Modular hardtop that won't come until MY23 and Ford has said that is perfectly acceptable.
Sponsored