Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had a similar experience and the sales man was a complete a#@h!&% so I hung up the phone called Ford headquarters and switched my reservation immediately to another larger but still local dealer.

I wasn't trying to haggle price I just wanted to switch the trim level I chose. He was totally misinformed of the process and rude in the meantime.

It is unfortunate because I work with the public as a firefighter/paramedic/nurse needless to say I will not be recommending them to anyone looking to purchase a bronco.

The new dealer had been professional and very helpful. They have ensured me they will be contacting me with any new information in the process and want me to be completely happy In the process.
Can't really switch trim level until ordering process
Sponsored

laudra

Heritage
First Name
lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Can't really switch trim level until ordering process
Exactly, the employee at my original dealer kept saying you can change it just call ford headquarters and kept repeating it till I spoke up and asked him to please stop being so rude I have a couple other questions. He sighed and was like WHAT that's when I in fact did call ford to changed my trim level and now my dealership they informed me of the ability to change it at time of order and asked why the change of dealerships. I explained what happened to the ford rep and they took it upon themselves to note my experience. Oh well I feel I'm in good hands now.

Whitdog15

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My local dealer that was assigned my sale has been holding firm on MSRP. Its their choice, I understand but as more options became available I reached out to try and strike a deal before I pulled the reservation. I genuinely wanted to support my local privately owned dealership. I see it like this, all of the people that work there are supporting my business everyday so I wanted to reciprocate. I wanted to lock in my plan and gave it one last try. 2 days went by with not so much as a "I'll get back to you". So I shot them a short email saying I took that non-response as my answer and sorry we could not work something out. Now I get a call back and the guy sets off on a rant with about how MSRP is it and this is a new model and I can't just go to a dealer and buy one of these and all of the offers by dealers nationwide are lies. The tone he took was shocking really. He talked at me for 5 minutes or so and never once asked a single question or allowed me to speak. Wow. In my business I don't speak to customers like that. Do these dealers realize that we don't have to buy from them? Makes me wonder about all of the customers getting screwed that don't know any better.
So I had the same experience with my dealer, I hung up the phone after 2 minutes of being lectured! It only took him two weeks to call me back!

luckys13

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas, Mini Cooper, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You might want to search on X-plan, Bronco isn't eligible so either dealer is willing to the match the price or he doesn't know what he's talking about.
Just checked and according to them they are willing to match. So while the X-plan is out from Ford, it appears there are some dealerships willing to accept
That's great if true, but, a dealer saying they will accept X-Plan, normally means they will honor it if the vehicle is X-Plan eligible. The Bronco is not X-Plan eligible. Which may give your dealer an out.

You need to clarify that they will still give you X-Plan pricing even if the Bronco is not X-Plan eligible. There are some dealers that have agreed to that. And there are some dealers that have told customers that, but then backed away when they found out the Bronco is not eligible for X-Plan pricing.
They confirmed as of now knowing the Ford direction. But I don't believe anything until I see it.

luckys13

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas, Mini Cooper, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you share the email of who you spoke to? I want to kick off a conversation
You can just call Larry H Miller Super Ford in Salt Lake City. They will forward you to their Bronco guy who can discuss. For Granger I talked with Albert Schmitz.

Sponsored

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I absolutely agree. I tell everyone, especially those whom fear this process to recognize and remember they ARE THE BOSS not us. As a consumer we get to decide where to shop and when and how. A dealership is no different. If you're ever uncomfortable or get that gut feeling even when signing paperwork you get up and GO!! Shop where people respect your time and money. I am sure there are more than 1 dealer around.

GetWild

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Why would they face a class action and how? What leg would that lawsuit have to stand on? show me the contract you have signed with them on that deal.

grewhi

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maserati MC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For me it is always have a bird in the hand when negotiating. Right now I see there are a few offers for lifetime Powertrain which is worth much more then a a couple hundred dollars off MSRP. I plan to put the Bronco under both me and my 19 year old son's name so it could be under warranty for 60 years. Once I have the deal in writing i will take it to my current dealer and see if the can match. If not I move. Nothing personal at all.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For me it is always have a bird in the hand when negotiating. Right now I see there are a few offers for lifetime Powertrain which is worth much more then a a couple hundred dollars off MSRP. I plan to put the Bronco under both me and my 19 year old son's name so it could be under warranty for 60 years. Once I have the deal in writing i will take it to my current dealer and see if the can match. If not I move. Nothing personal at all.
Ford Bronco My dealer just called to chew me out. pointingup

BillyGoat

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Taurus Ltd. - Company Sled & Wife’s Lexus
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Dealerrater.com would like to hear about your experience. Light them up.

Sponsored

Bronco88

Black Diamond
First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Could you imagine if this ended up being true? That would be a lot of pissed off potential customers and it would look even worse on those dealers offering special discounts just to get the reservations.
I'm paying MSRP and have no issues in doing so, we don't have those plans or special discount offers here in Canada.
Sponsored