First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Because Ford has been adjusting their profit margin with dealers. Does 2k below invoice keep a dealer profitable? What if Ford puts put some rule on pricing due to all the reservation changes? I mean there was already the removal of x plan.
Sponsored

MLRey

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 18 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Glad I'm waiting until 2022. I believe now that the first year will be nonstop crapshow with dealers gouging every penny they can from customers. Will be a sales success for Ford but probably leave a bad feeling with a lot of people. By late 22 and 23 they'll be priced like any other vehicle and I won't be surprised to see Ford offering incentives. Seems like Ford would be better served by making the purchase a reasonable process instead of this crazy zoo with people buying 100s or 1,000s of miles away to keep from getting screwed. Eventually I'll be happy with my new vehicle but getting there won't be fun. I had been looking forward to ordering and then getting the Bronco late next year. When Ford announced the X-Plan loss and then roof delays I knew it was going to get unpleasant. Just seems like Ford could have figured out a way to make this a good experience as opposed to all too common car buying nightmare.

Hiltonm1

Big Bend
First Name
Mindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My local dealer that was assigned my sale has been holding firm on MSRP. Its their choice, I understand but as more options became available I reached out to try and strike a deal before I pulled the reservation. I genuinely wanted to support my local privately owned dealership. I see it like this, all of the people that work there are supporting my business everyday so I wanted to reciprocate. I wanted to lock in my plan and gave it one last try. 2 days went by with not so much as a "I'll get back to you". So I shot them a short email saying I took that non-response as my answer and sorry we could not work something out. Now I get a call back and the guy sets off on a rant with about how MSRP is it and this is a new model and I can't just go to a dealer and buy one of these and all of the offers by dealers nationwide are lies. The tone he took was shocking really. He talked at me for 5 minutes or so and never once asked a single question or allowed me to speak. Wow. In my business I don't speak to customers like that. Do these dealers realize that we don't have to buy from them? Makes me wonder about all of the customers getting screwed that don't know any better.
My dealer told me that by the time the new Bronco gets to Michigan it'll be $5k-$10k over invoice. They wouldn't even let me explain that I was a reservation holder. Time too move on.

turbocc

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
MSRP really means My screw your ripoff Price.
After nothing from my local hometown dealer that I gave my reservation to, who also has a local Toyota dealership that I have bought 4 new Toyota's from over the years, I called him. The Toyota side had referred me to the Ford guy(GM of Ford side) saying he would take care of me.

Well, you know how this goes. " This here Bronco is gonna be hard to get with most dealers charging OVER MSRP, and NONE in the country selling under. You better be glad you are such a long time customer with us cause we will only charge you MSRP, oh, and plus $500. doc fee, and oh, $600. make-ready fee, and, next time you're down here, come on by and you can buy me a cup of coffee."

The next time he heard from me was a request by Ford to refund my $100., I had easily found another dealer that wanted my business. And he sells Toyota's too.

Sponsored

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You went 4 minutes and 55 seconds longer than I would have. Screw 'em, should be a pretty drive back from Granger, Iowa though!
Yep! I would have hung up right away, then pulled my res and move it elsewhere.

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Don't these dealers know it's the service department's job to screw with you and piss on you after the sale. It's the sales departments job to reel you in. Ford better know that the dealers could really impact the sales by attitude. I was getting ready to jump into this mess next week but waiting till they are sitting on the lots to choose from feels like a better plan. Remember, Ford is not making the Bronco to collect them. They want what we have more than they need the Broncos. Pay money to get a spot in a line to order, then be told you pay full price and be happy. Really?
They want/need to get this out on the road. They should be offering early buyer discounts. A glitch in the economy and poof, done. I'll be watching this circus or a while without getting into the ring.

Engineeredthisway24

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You went 4 minutes and 55 seconds longer than I would have. Screw 'em, should be a pretty drive back from Granger, Iowa though!
Agreed. This is not a small purchase for a vehicle we can't even test drive before committing, so yeah.......switch the reservation and have a little CHAT with the sales manager. End of story.

PaBronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2022 F-150 Lightning Pro
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
OP,I note in your post:

I see it like this, all of the people that work there are supporting my business everyday so I wanted to reciprocate

I do not know what kind of business you have, but if all of the people at the dealer buy from you everyday, I may have stayed with them.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Pssst...

Did anyone notice your responding to and old thread from...

OCTOBER???

Engineeredthisway24

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs