Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would have to listen to the whole 5 minute rant. I would of found it really amusing.:D

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's a tough industry, I won't be surprised if Carvana and Vroom did a deal with Car makers and killed the Dealers business, they already shaked down the used cars market.
I still don't understand why people can't do this already. It sucks dealing with dealerships, no matter how great they are, its still annoying.
You can get financing outside of dealer on your own, you research a vehicle on your own, 9 times out of 10 the buyer knows more than the dealer does.
I'm all for being able to cut out a salesperson

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This should be your response...

Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Have shared a few emails with my local dealer since day 1. Told him that there were several dealers offering $1000 below invoice. He wrote back that he would do invoice but would not take a loss and that it would actually be cheaper than X pricing (once you add in the $275 for using X pricing, it is, I did the math) I like his honesty, so I'll save a couple of days travel and stay home...

OP
OP
Bodge Garage

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Shoulda just said , actually I can go anywhere and buy one because I have a transferable reservation ✌
that was how I ended the conversation.

Last edited:

bluesun68

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
raptor, velar, f-type
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
200,000 broncos in first two years. Times 5,000 in profit (markup, added fees, undercoating, etc.) = 1,000,000,000 in extra profit for dealers. You really think autonation or penske or any other huge dealer group is walking away from that? Dealers treat people like shit because it works. If someone called up your business and said, "hey, it's 20% cheaper on Amazon, want to match it?" Would you? Making no profit and all the hassles just isn't worth it.
The guy calling you up and yelling at you is a jerk, but like most jerks in the world, he probably won't be at any place to long.

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
.....The tone he took was shocking really. He talked at me for 5 minutes or so and never once asked a single question or allowed me to speak.
Your problem is you stayed on the phone 4 minutes and 50 seconds too long. Why do you think you owed him anything? Why even take the call?

Forum members should stop thinking along the lines you are doing the dealers a favor by somehow being loyal to them by keeping the reservation there just because they are local.

Go to any dealership, salesmen standing around chit chatting, telling jokes and horsing around waiting for the next person to charge $249 for nitrogen filled tires.

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I still don't understand why people can't do this already. It sucks dealing with dealerships, no matter how great they are, its still annoying.
You can get financing outside of dealer on your own, you research a vehicle on your own, 9 times out of 10 the buyer knows more than the dealer does.
This is so true! I remember the night of the reveal! I knew more then they did on some of the info! Read, research, and stay on top of it! They wanna wheel and deal! Well.. wheel'm and deal'm!! They knew I followed the forum religiously too! The forum was getting insider info as quick as they were! Stick to your guns!

1e0c3cd9f23800ba95a23fa4bdc4c7a9.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bodge Garage

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

tell him you can get a bronc 2000 off invoice and see if he changes his tone...
He did not care and side all of those deal are fake and those dealerships are lying. I called him out on that and he tried to backtrack but had nowhere to go just saying he did not understand how they could do it.

Calicorks

Badlands
First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My local dealer that was assigned my sale has been holding firm on MSRP. Its their choice, I understand but as more options became available I reached out to try and strike a deal before I pulled the reservation. I genuinely wanted to support my local privately owned dealership. I see it like this, all of the people that work there are supporting my business everyday so I wanted to reciprocate. I wanted to lock in my plan and gave it one last try. 2 days went by with not so much as a "I'll get back to you". So I shot them a short email saying I took that non-response as my answer and sorry we could not work something out. Now I get a call back and the guy sets off on a rant with about how MSRP is it and this is a new model and I can't just go to a dealer and buy one of these and all of the offers by dealers nationwide are lies. The tone he took was shocking really. He talked at me for 5 minutes or so and never once asked a single question or allowed me to speak. Wow. In my business I don't speak to customers like that. Do these dealers realize that we don't have to buy from them? Makes me wonder about all of the customers getting screwed that don't know any better.
What dealership is this? You made the right move by transferring. Hopefully everyone at this dealership hears how you were treated to make their own mind up.

OP
OP
Bodge Garage

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would've name dropped the dealer, that way others can avoid them like the plague.
I thought about it but it is not a capitol offence worth public shaming, just poor form. If a reservation holder from my area wants to know who it was I will share off line.

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOL. I get all the spam e-mail offerings from my reservation dealer now too...
The last three emails my original dealer sent to me all had "Touching base..." as the subject line. The body of each was completely empty except for the salesman's email sig. WTF.

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So far I've never paid but cash for all my car purchases so no credit BS, I have to fight to not run my credit every time, the Bronco will be financed, I am looking at PenFed or any other credit union, I've sold my cars to Carvana.
I don't buy from Carvana because I hunt for deals so these companies aren't my cup of tea but for the majority, they make 100000% sense over a dealer.
Sponsored