Hacksaw

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
He did not care and side all of those deal are fake and those dealerships are lying. I called him out on that and he tried to backtrack but had nowhere to go just saying he did not understand how they could do it.
If he's like most car salesmen, he doesn't understand how the math works on vehicles. He probably believes the invoice price is what the dealer actually paid the the vehicle.
Sponsored

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
You went 4 minutes and 55 seconds longer than I would have. Screw 'em, should be a pretty drive back from Granger, Iowa though!
Same here. I worked for a dealership in a smaller town and can't believe the stuff I'm hearing in the large cities and how I've been treated too.

I called to see about PAYING a local dealer for simply letting me ship my car there. He asked why I didn't buy there and I said I already reached a deal and the guy said "That sucks... No". Wow.

OP
OP
Bodge Garage

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your problem is you stayed on the phone 4 minutes and 50 seconds too long. Why do you think you owed him anything? Why even take the call?
Honestly I wanted to hear what he said out of curiosity. I wanted to hear the yarn he was spinning. I am in sales and have a history in the car business. Like watching a train wreck.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This happens in the business world. People who are bad at their job and are stressed lash out because they don't know what else to do and dont understand that they're the problem. A better approach in business ethics is the "collaborative approach". He could of said, "Hey I am sorry that we can't match that price but would love to work something out in the future. Maybe we can provide the service for the vehicle over it's lifetime."

Sponsored

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m genuinely sad that some folks will just take the dealership’s word on the Bronco. You can find real deals probably within driving distance.

TNBronc4344

Badlands
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven't had anything directed to me by my "chosen" dealer since the immediate "I'll be your Salesperson" email. I did go to the dealership to test drive a Ranger to see if I could stomach the 4cyl (I could, but I won't ;) ). I've heard nothing since. I almost feel sorry for them....loosing my business like that.

PC Austin

Badlands
First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep liberty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Being able to move your business elsewhere is capitalism at it's finest. Dealers are so used to just getting your business and setting the price. We are at a crossroad where the consumer can use their group influence to get a fair price. The tables are turned.

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly I wanted to hear what he said out of curiosity. I wanted to hear the yarn he was spinning. I am in sales and have a history in the car business. Like watching a train wreck.
Like listening to a spoiled toddler cry about the dog eating the food he spilled on the floor.

Sponsored

Goodwater33

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interestingly, I have heard similar messaging from a few local dealers (albeit not nearly as rudely as what the OP shared). A large dealer in the metro area recently offered $1000 below invoice and a lifetime warranty on any reservations switched to them. One of the local dealers said that "they are lying and will get in trouble with Ford for false advertising."

Last edited:

Yukon65006

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Jeep Patriot, 06 BMW F650GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see you are the Spokane area. If you think the dealers are bad there try heading more to the center of the state. Since Bud Clary Autogroup took over the dealership sales went downhill. The service dept has been pretty decent for the few occasion I have needed them.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My local dealer that was assigned my sale has been holding firm on MSRP. Its their choice, I understand but as more options became available I reached out to try and strike a deal before I pulled the reservation. I genuinely wanted to support my local privately owned dealership. I see it like this, all of the people that work there are supporting my business everyday so I wanted to reciprocate. I wanted to lock in my plan and gave it one last try. 2 days went by with not so much as a "I'll get back to you". So I shot them a short email saying I took that non-response as my answer and sorry we could not work something out. Now I get a call back and the guy sets off on a rant with about how MSRP is it and this is a new model and I can't just go to a dealer and buy one of these and all of the offers by dealers nationwide are lies. The tone he took was shocking really. He talked at me for 5 minutes or so and never once asked a single question or allowed me to speak. Wow. In my business I don't speak to customers like that. Do these dealers realize that we don't have to buy from them? Makes me wonder about all of the customers getting screwed that don't know any better.
I spoke with my dealer about the wild track and the fact that I would be requesting a late delivery because I want the painted hard top. They informed my they would not be taking any orders that would cause a delay in delivery, ie requesting a the painted hard top for the wold track which Ford said we would be able to do.

Drinxxs04

Outer Banks
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sounds like they don’t have many bronco reservations there...that point I would say, “well your professionalism and customer service give me all the answers about the buying experience with you and I’ll make sure to spread the word; have a nice day”

Gquag

Badlands
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1936 Ford Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You went 4 minutes and 55 seconds longer than I would have. Screw 'em, should be a pretty drive back from Granger, Iowa though!
I,ll be making to flight to Visit Albert at Granger..
Not because they ignore me... Very knowledgeable and on point!
Sponsored