Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
"All the other dealers are lying" ?
Hey guys. I haven't been paying attention to the idea of getting my Bronco out of state. But if Granger is the real deal, I might make a road trip of it

Heres my question-- Can we actually verify that what Granger says they will do, is going to happen?

I'm not disparaging them in any way. But I'd hate to move my reservation to them on their promise and then next year that goes out the window for whichever reason, and now I have to fly out 7 states away to get my vehicle. I'd feel like a fool lol
Sponsored

Last edited:

luckys13

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas, Mini Cooper, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I emailed Granger and asked them about transferring my reservation and if I would lose my place in line. They came right back basically telling me I would not lose my place and they would be happy to take my order. They sounded more than willing to work with me.

I then asked my current dealer here in Utah (LHM Super Ford) if they were going to accept X-Plan. They just came back and told me "most definitely they would be accepting the X-plan..." This was just today. They have already reached out to me a couple times asking if I had any questions. I am still feeling it out on the dealers but never had what you went through. Good discussions with both of them... I think no reason to transfer my reservation right now... just need to see if anything on the B&P changes...

mikeheel

Wildtrak
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lovelikehateblog.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Azure Gray Wildtrak, BWM K1600B, Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Mike, you don’t have a “Karen” haircut, do you? Lol.

LOL. Only if "Karen" is bald these days.

I'm never rude with anyone, but I also don't accept rude behavior.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I spoke with my dealer about the wild track and the fact that I would be requesting a late delivery because I want the painted hard top. They informed my they would not be taking any orders that would cause a delay in delivery, ie requesting a the painted hard top for the wold track which Ford said we would be able to do.
Wow how dare they. Can't stand how dealers have so much power

Especially because thats my plan as well

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I also asked my dealer while back what if I hate this thing when we get it! He's like no worries it go to the lot and get deposit back! He's like whatever you order I'm sure be saleable! Haha I'm like yeahh bc I got good taste!! ?? This was also way before we were getting so many pictures! I'm pretty comfortable now. It's going to be cool!

Sponsored

jxc

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord/CX-5/A5 Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey guys. I haven't been paying attention to the idea of getting my Bronco out of state. But if Granger is the real deal, I might make a road trip of it

Heres my question-- Can we actually verify that what Granger says they will do, is going to happen?

I'm not disparaging them in any way. But I'd hate to move my reservation to them on their promise and then next year that goes out the window for whichever reason, and now I have to fly out 7 states away to get my vehicle. I'd feel like a fool lol
That's what I'm wondering - how are they going to be able to meet the allocation demand of so many people switching to them?

dpav02

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My local dealer that was assigned my sale has been holding firm on MSRP. Its their choice, I understand but as more options became available I reached out to try and strike a deal before I pulled the reservation. I genuinely wanted to support my local privately owned dealership. I see it like this, all of the people that work there are supporting my business everyday so I wanted to reciprocate. I wanted to lock in my plan and gave it one last try. 2 days went by with not so much as a "I'll get back to you". So I shot them a short email saying I took that non-response as my answer and sorry we could not work something out. Now I get a call back and the guy sets off on a rant with about how MSRP is it and this is a new model and I can't just go to a dealer and buy one of these and all of the offers by dealers nationwide are lies. The tone he took was shocking really. He talked at me for 5 minutes or so and never once asked a single question or allowed me to speak. Wow. In my business I don't speak to customers like that. Do these dealers realize that we don't have to buy from them? Makes me wonder about all of the customers getting screwed that don't know any better.
Man this is awful. So, I'm going to put myself in his shoes. I'm picturing myself as an owner of a small local Ford dealership....

It's my business and obviously my choice to decide to only sell the new Bronco at MSRP. But you can't get mad at the customers for asking me to match prices (or not even match, but perhaps come close, as you said, you're a business owner and want to support another local business).

But even if I wasn't willing to go lower than MSRP on the new Bronco, here's how I'd handle it:

"I understand where you're coming from but it's been a rough few quarters for us. These things are hot and we need to sell them at MSRP to make some money here.

Please understand that we have to do what we have to do, and I totally understand that you have to do what you have to do.

If you decide to move your reservation then I hope you consider us for service, parts, and accessories. Since we don't make as much on accessories, maybe I can hook you up with something once you're ready.

Thank you for at least giving me a chance to earn your business. If our position on this matter changes I'll reach out."

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I then asked my current dealer here in Utah (LHM Super Ford) if they were going to accept X-Plan. They just came back and told me "most definitely they would be accepting the X-plan..." This was just today.
That's great if true, but, a dealer saying they will accept X-Plan, normally means they will honor it if the vehicle is X-Plan eligible. The Bronco is not X-Plan eligible. Which may give your dealer an out.

You need to clarify that they will still give you X-Plan pricing even if the Bronco is not X-Plan eligible. There are some dealers that have agreed to that. And there are some dealers that have told customers that, but then backed away when they found out the Bronco is not eligible for X-Plan pricing.

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you find yourself on the road needing to go #2, you at least know where to stop

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I emailed Granger and asked them about transferring my reservation and if I would lose my place in line. They came right back basically telling me I would not lose my place and they would be happy to take my order. They sounded more than willing to work with me.

I then asked my current dealer here in Utah (LHM Super Ford) if they were going to accept X-Plan. They just came back and told me "most definitely they would be accepting the X-plan..." This was just today. They have already reached out to me a couple times asking if I had any questions. I am still feeling it out on the dealers but never had what you went through. Good discussions with both of them... I think no reason to transfer my reservation right now... just need to see if anything on the B&P changes...
Can you share the email of who you spoke to? I want to kick off a conversation

Sponsored

Troy13

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota corolla
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is definitely part of the risk but I'll share why I changed my reservation to @Granger Ford . Dealers seem to find out information at about the same pace we do from Ford. Granger has been active on the forms for months sharing information and being transparent and answering questions honestly. It's been very easy to get Albert or Zach on the phone and they seem to be really focused on the customer. The truth is no one knows the full allocation formula yet. I'm an October reservation so I'm already gonna be waiting, if I have to wait a little longer to me it's worth it for $2,000 below invoice and customer experience I've had so far with Granger.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I see you are the Spokane area. If you think the dealers are bad there try heading more to the center of the state. Since Bud Clary Autogroup took over the dealership sales went downhill. The service dept has been pretty decent for the few occasion I have needed them.
Pretty much the same situation in my area, but the local dealers love their 3k+ mark ups and most are owned by 'certain' automotive family group.(not Bud Clary, but they do have one here)

I tried to be patient and friendly with my local Dealer, but they were vague and dodging my questions. The silent treatment started when I asked about dealer mark up and if they would do/honor a similar pricing deal like Granger. (though I never said it was Granger, just 'another Dealership')

It ended up being two weeks of dodge ball and wasted time, which put me after the Sept 18th cut-off, so I did my reservation at Granger and haven't gone back to them.

Deleted member 14617

There are other dealers that are giving good deals besides Granger. Granger is the best, and Albert is a champ, but Iowa is pretty far from here. I've seen good deals listed in Texas, WV (I think), San Diego, and Oregon, to name a few. I'm getting mine from Damerow in Beaverton, OR. Just search this forum.

IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The last three emails my original dealer sent to me all had "Touching base..." as the subject line. The body of each was completely empty except for the salesman's email sig. WTF.
He was sharing the extent of his knowledge on the Bronco.

At least he didn't make something up.

OP
OP
Bodge Garage

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man this is awful. So, I'm going to put myself in his shoes. I'm picturing myself as an owner of a small local Ford dealership....

It's my business and obviously my choice to decide to only sell the new Bronco at MSRP. But you can't get mad at the customers for asking me to match prices (or not even match, but perhaps come close, as you said, you're a business owner and want to support another local business).

But even if I wasn't willing to go lower than MSRP on the new Bronco, here's how I'd handle it:

"I understand where you're coming from but it's been a rough few quarters for us. These things are hot and we need to sell them at MSRP to make some money here.

Please understand that we have to do what we have to do, and I totally understand that you have to do what you have to do.

If you decide to move your reservation then I hope you consider us for service, parts, and accessories. Since we don't make as much on accessories, maybe I can hook you up with something once you're ready.

Thank you for at least giving me a chance to earn your business. If our position on this matter changes I'll reach out."
This is not a small mom and pops dealer don's feel too sorry for them, they just are not a corporate chain shop. They are doing OK

As far as dealing I feel I was professional and first asked if there where any incentives for reservation holders, "no". Then as time wore on and more dealers jumped in I highlighted offerings of other dealers and again asked what they could offer, "MSRP". Final time was the same just asking what they could offer and reminding them of the portability of the reservation process. I never demanded anything and if he would have said $500 and a tank of gas I would have likely gone of for it. He never even asked what model or options I was considering. Honestly this is just a dealer that is very happy selling pickup trucks and Mustangs. Nothing more, nothing less.
Sponsored