Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It must be over a decade now. Yeah, it was 2008. The local Ford Dealer chewed me out in the showroom in front of everyone. This is the dealership that I was auto-assigned to and i quickly changed my dealership as soon as Ford let me.

Let me tell you a story about a man and the internet. We decided to look at the Saturn thing that was new, it was horrible, so we went to buy the Edge I had researched.

I get to the dealer, we get a green salesman and we test drive a mid-range Edge. Cloth seats and what not. I see the MSRP and we go and talk numbers. The salesman goes in, they assess my trade, and we wait. Here is the offer:

Full MSRP, minus Ford Incentives, Half the Value of our trade.

Now, A: I looked up my trade value before leaving the house, and B: The Saturn Dealer offered me that value, $4500. The ford dealer, $2000.

I said to the salesman that was a terrible offer and that the value of the trade was half of what is should be. Also, they have my keys, I can't just leave, which was my first instinct. He goes and gets the manager.

The sales manager proceeds to berate me and my wife like we are children. He stands there, telling us how we won't be able to find a better deal anywhere. When i complain about the trade value, he tells me how much of a POS my trade is. When I tell him I looked up this info on the internet he berates me further.

I am standing and pacing, asking for my keys and trying to get my stunned wife to stand up. The manager is red in the face and I am debating swinging on him or just calling the state police to get my keys back. Finally, he gives me the keys when I tell him that after that conversation, I would never step foot in his dealership again.

I live outside of the Baltimore Metro area. There are a dozen dealerships within an hours drive of my house. We go to the next one. We get a Limited Edge, fully loaded, same colors as the first one we tested, below invoice, $4500 for our trade.

I have stepped foot in my local dealership, but I have not gotten more than an oil change done there. I have bought Five fords since, at two other dealerships. I just don't understand people some times. The dealership is 9 miles from my house, the one I consider my main dealership is 14 miles.
did you show him after?

RLIRL

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Octane ZSR
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would've name dropped the dealer, that way others can avoid them like the plague.
What dealership is this? You made the right move by transferring. Hopefully everyone at this dealership hears how you were treated to make their own mind up.
I thought about it but it is not a capitol offence worth public shaming, just poor form. If a reservation holder from my area wants to know who it was I will share off line.
I read all three pages (so far) waiting on the name.
@Bodge Garage - I respect your integrity, not throwing the dealership’s name under the bus despite them giving you ample reason to do so.
Solely in the interest of helping others on here avoid that dealership, and perhaps to spur other dealers on here to feel more inclined to offer competitive pricing, the dealership in question is Gus Johnson Ford in WA.

Last edited:

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

broncoskip

Outer Banks
First Name
Broncoskip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

did you show him after?
Nope. I didnt go back until 2014. We test drove an Explorer Sport they had, then when the wife was cool with it, I went to the other dealership and bought one of the 3 they had. Volume dealers are so much easier to deal with.

I called them before i moved my reservation. I spoke to a salesperson who didn't sound confident. My old salesman at my main dealer is now a manager, so it's a no brainer to move my reservation at that point.

Sponsored

SPS4

First Edition
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Have shared a few emails with my local dealer since day 1. Told him that there were several dealers offering $1000 below invoice. He wrote back that he would do invoice but would not take a loss and that it would actually be cheaper than X pricing (once you add in the $275 for using X pricing, it is, I did the math) I like his honesty, so I'll save a couple of days travel and stay home...
Who is your dealer?

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reminds me of an old training video on Customer Service called Remember Me.

The gist was if you treat me like crap I will always remember your treatment. Even if you don't remember me.

OP
OP
Bodge Garage

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Bodge Garage - I respect your integrity, not throwing the dealership’s name under the bus despite them giving you ample reason to do so.
As you adhere to your scruples, I too am inclined to follow mine which includes that dealership being accountable for their actions, and help a forum of bronco enthusiasts who can avoid that dealership. So here it is:

View attachment 56737
Well I guess I am not surprised that somebody dug this out. This is the same group that sent a drone to peak at those painted body shells.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I emailed Granger and asked them about transferring my reservation and if I would lose my place in line. They came right back basically telling me I would not lose my place and they would be happy to take my order. They sounded more than willing to work with me.

I then asked my current dealer here in Utah (LHM Super Ford) if they were going to accept X-Plan. They just came back and told me "most definitely they would be accepting the X-plan..." This was just today. They have already reached out to me a couple times asking if I had any questions. I am still feeling it out on the dealers but never had what you went through. Good discussions with both of them... I think no reason to transfer my reservation right now... just need to see if anything on the B&P changes...
Todd, you might wanna touch base with your dealer to see if they know Ford will not be honoring the X-Plan on the Bronco. That info dropped last week. You certainly don't want to be blind sided when you order number comes up.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey guys. I haven't been paying attention to the idea of getting my Bronco out of state. But if Granger is the real deal, I might make a road trip of it

Heres my question-- Can we actually verify that what Granger says they will do, is going to happen?

I'm not disparaging them in any way. But I'd hate to move my reservation to them on their promise and then next year that goes out the window for whichever reason, and now I have to fly out 7 states away to get my vehicle. I'd feel like a fool lol
Thinking about it I figure we run that risk with any dealer we go with. No one knows how Ford will handle the allocations on the Bronco, they can only speculate. So, I'll stick with @Granger Ford . They don't know me from Adam's house cat, but have answered my questions quickly and truthfully. That right there's enough for me to stay put, and wait.

Last edited:

WAldo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I see you are the Spokane area. If you think the dealers are bad there try heading more to the center of the state. Since Bud Clary Autogroup took over the dealership sales went downhill. The service dept has been pretty decent for the few occasion I have needed them.
Any recommendations on a dealer that is willing to deal in WA?
Sponsored