Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had to pay extra for my dealer to chew me out.....
Sponsored

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My local dealer that was assigned my sale has been holding firm on MSRP. Its their choice, I understand but as more options became available I reached out to try and strike a deal before I pulled the reservation. I genuinely wanted to support my local privately owned dealership. I see it like this, all of the people that work there are supporting my business everyday so I wanted to reciprocate. I wanted to lock in my plan and gave it one last try. 2 days went by with not so much as a "I'll get back to you". So I shot them a short email saying I took that non-response as my answer and sorry we could not work something out. Now I get a call back and the guy sets off on a rant with about how MSRP is it and this is a new model and I can't just go to a dealer and buy one of these and all of the offers by dealers nationwide are lies. The tone he took was shocking really. He talked at me for 5 minutes or so and never once asked a single question or allowed me to speak. Wow. In my business I don't speak to customers like that. Do these dealers realize that we don't have to buy from them? Makes me wonder about all of the customers getting screwed that don't know any better.
Jeez. If you are going to spend 50k on a vehicle at least do it with someone that shows you respect. It’s Ford. There are Dealers all over the place. Pick someone that makes you at least feel valued.

schembree

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150, 2019 M2 Comp
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The Texas group buy dealer that was offering below invoice pricing just sent me an email stating that they were on Ford's radar and could no longer offer below invoice pricing.

Deuce

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting thread here. I’ve been going back and forth on switching my dealership too. I went to my dealer last week (two of their locations) and asked about the Bronco. What surprised me is no one seemed to know about or be interested in it. I asked a salesperson what they were going to do about pricing, and he said MSRP. Then he got the manager, who seemed annoyed to talk to me. I asked Him about pricing and mentioned some deals I had seen here and got the “they’ll screw you on your trade in or something else to make up the difference.” He did tell me how many reservations they currently hold, and it’s not insignificant. I went to another location and the sales guy there didn’t know much either, but at least he was polite and took my info and said he’d get back to me. I was kind of surprised to find that a dealership that will have literally millions of dollars of inventory got through their lots didn’t seem to have any clue. I was also told that it’s a deal between me and Ford, like the dealership is getting nothing out of it. left a bad taste in my mouth at this point.

bronchalen84

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not only that, the dealership is out nothing with a converted reservation. They don’t do any work to convince the buyer to buy. They don’t lay out any money to get the vehicle in. The vehicle does not come out of their allotment. They will get paid at the time of sale, and have 30 days, at a minimum, to pay Ford the invoice minus holdback.

In actuality, the dealer is the only one to lose if a buyer switches dealerships. It isn’t like they can sell that vehicle to someone else. This isn’t a zero-sum game like it usually is for a dealer.
If I was the CEO of Ford, I would’ve kept this launch very simple. Tell dealers we’ll pay you a flat fee per Bronco sold at your dealership to cover the time to finalize the order and answer any customer questions about vehicle. Give reservation holders X plan. Win for reservation holders, win for dealer, win for Ford. Ford is making this much too complicated and upsetting reservation holders

Sponsored

jdogi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I was the CEO of Ford, I would’ve kept this launch very simple. Tell dealers we’ll pay you a flat fee per Bronco sold at your dealership to cover the time to finalize the order and answer any customer questions about vehicle. Give reservation holders X plan. Win for reservation holders, win for dealer, win for Ford. Ford is making this much too complicated and upsetting reservation holders
But this is totally against the dealership business model. Generally speaking, they make more money the more they can screw you over. It's what they do. But yes, Ford needs to figure out the future and can't just keep kicking the can down the road.

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@NayNay is great. While I am on the opposite side of the country from you and them and going with the CO group buy, IMO she has been one of the brightest lights among dealerships making their presences felt here.
You all make me feel like I have real friends in my life!! Thanks for all the positive things!!

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I
Interesting thread here. I’ve been going back and forth on switching my dealership too. I went to my dealer last week (two of their locations) and asked about the Bronco. What surprised me is no one seemed to know about or be interested in it. I asked a salesperson what they were going to do about pricing, and he said MSRP. Then he got the manager, who seemed annoyed to talk to me. I asked Him about pricing and mentioned some deals I had seen here and got the “they’ll screw you on your trade in or something else to make up the difference.” He did tell me how many reservations they currently hold, and it’s not insignificant. I went to another location and the sales guy there didn’t know much either, but at least he was polite and took my info and said he’d get back to me. I was kind of surprised to find that a dealership that will have literally millions of dollars of inventory got through their lots didn’t seem to have any clue. I was also told that it’s a deal between me and Ford, like the dealership is getting nothing out of it. left a bad taste in my mouth at this point.
I Too visited my dealership and left with a bad taste in my mouth. I'm accepting of it being MSRP because right now all this research im doing to find below msrp, is as much stress as finagling with my local dealer on a below msrp price.

Msrp is fine. Its what I saved for, prepped for, and mentally accepted. So I'm not going to stress the process come January

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks, @elmystico . I'm 42 pages deep in the, so far, 66 page-long thread called Maryland Volume Buyers Group thread and, what I've read so far is quite intriguing. And, from all I've read in those posts, @NayNay has always come across as helpful and transparent.
I'm trying to help everyone I can regardless of where they're buying. When people are educated on the process they make better choices for themselves and in turn actually return and buy more often because they didn't get screwed.

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The Texas group buy dealer that was offering below invoice pricing just sent me an email stating that they were on Ford's radar and could no longer offer below invoice pricing.
Ford Bronco My dealer just called to chew me out. 1603924452872

NPBronco91

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My local dealer that was assigned my sale has been holding firm on MSRP. Its their choice, I understand but as more options became available I reached out to try and strike a deal before I pulled the reservation. I genuinely wanted to support my local privately owned dealership. I see it like this, all of the people that work there are supporting my business everyday so I wanted to reciprocate. I wanted to lock in my plan and gave it one last try. 2 days went by with not so much as a "I'll get back to you". So I shot them a short email saying I took that non-response as my answer and sorry we could not work something out. Now I get a call back and the guy sets off on a rant with about how MSRP is it and this is a new model and I can't just go to a dealer and buy one of these and all of the offers by dealers nationwide are lies. The tone he took was shocking really. He talked at me for 5 minutes or so and never once asked a single question or allowed me to speak. Wow. In my business I don't speak to customers like that. Do these dealers realize that we don't have to buy from them? Makes me wonder about all of the customers getting screwed that don't know any better.
*Stephen’s and Granger after reading this post*

Ford Bronco My dealer just called to chew me out. 1603924482291

GetWild

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
cant say im shocked

Warthog

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My local dealer refused to sell me my 2011 MY (Brand New Screw Raptor) for less than MSRP. I told him I can get invoice. He said they were lying. I flew to El Paso and drove my new INVOICED Raptor home to Minnesota.

What a wonderful feeling when I drove straight to the dealership and showed my new ride off!

Bvbronco

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep wrangler sport s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i'll tell you one thing ive run into I decided to buy a jeep wrangler while I wait for my Bronco and plan to give the jeep to my son when he goes off to college. Many dealers are offering large discounts off MSRP but when you go to transact you find that they have $2k-$3k in required extras you have to agree to with the dealer, vehicle tracking service, tinted windows none of which seems worth the extra money anyway. I ended up taking a deal that was $2000 under MSRP without the adders. troubling is that the most egregious offender happens to also be my ford dealer.
Jump on the jeep forum so you have the heads up on the problems with the JL . JUST AN FYI. My 2019 jl has the same common problems as the rest of them . Good luck and enjoy.
Sponsored