JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Anyone have any suggestion on Tampa area dealership? I reserved with Parks just due to proximity, but it’s been over a month and no one has called. Am I being a heartbroken high school girl, or should I have expected a call? When I called dealership they explained it in the terms that no one really knew for sure what’s going on with the process until they hear it from Ford. Have heard good things about Karl Flammer Ford and there are a bunch of mega dealerships like Brandon Ford, etc. Just don’t know if I should balk at current dealerships lack of attention and transfer reservation. Thanks. New to this site. You all do a great job.
Usually we have to research the PRODUCT when we buy something, in this case we are spending time researching the SELLER. Its crazy. You have September and October to do your homework and pull the trigger on moving your reservation to a dealer that will give you what you are looking for. I am pretty much just sitting back till Build and Price tools come out and then engage them on dealer fees, x plan, etc. BTW, check out the Mullinax family of dealerships - Kissimmee is only an hour from you and they seem to be the hardest working dealership in FL right now for Bronco. Search the messages and get the scoop.
Sponsored

moresmoke

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Chief
Your Bronco Model
Base
Read your quote out loud...say 'PERIOD' (and stop for a second) when you see a period.

" " The Reservation Process allows you to configure a Vehicle and pay the Reservation Deposit (“Reservation Deposit”) to Ford. Participation in the Program does not guarantee you vehicle delivery. " "

Sorry to disagree....I spend a lot of time working with lawyers (over $200k so far this year). I'll stick with my understanding of Ford's statements and continue to hope for the best.

Ford adds this nugget in the "Order Terms and Conditions"

"6. Dealer right to Decline, Cancel Order.
Your selected Dealer, at its sole discretion, may decline or cancel your Order at any time, for any reason. You will be notified by email if your Order is declined, and your Order Deposit will be refunded by the Dealer pursuant to the Dealer’s refund policy if it has already been processed."

Therefore....the statement "Participation in the Program does not guarantee you vehicle delivery. " is in fact, valid and precise.
They need to cover themselves for all possibilities.

Has anyone ever seen what happens when a rail auto rack derails and rolls over? The rail services company pulls the vehicles from the rail car, then smashes them with an excavator. After this they are shipped for scrap for a second try at being someone’s pride and joy of a new car.

The customer that special ordered that shiny new car gets a call from their friendly dealer, “There has been a little issue with your special order, would you like to order another?, or buy one off the lot?”

quattroa4m

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
"6. Dealer right to Decline, Cancel Order.
Your selected Dealer, at its sole discretion, may decline or cancel your Order at any time, for any reason. You will be notified by email if your Order is declined, and your Order Deposit will be refunded by the Dealer pursuant to the Dealer’s refund policy if it has already been processed."

Therefore....the statement "Participation in the Program does not guarantee you vehicle delivery. " is in fact, valid and precise.
If a dealer exercised their right to "decline or cancel" an Order, it would appear that they would lose that vehicle if it hasn't been built. Based on what some dealers have said, right now they can't order Bronco's for stock.

It's difficult to see an upside for a dealer to do this, but if they can, they can.

If the vehicle is being built, being transported, or on the Dealer's lot and is cancelled, how does that work? It would appear that the Dealer might have used you to get a vehicle that they wouldn't otherwise have been able to order.

Surely Ford wouldn't put up with dishonest tactics like this, besides the fact of screwing over a customer?

quattroa4m

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Again I say to all reservation holders: Make the effort and find a trustworthy, honest dealer. Don't assume Ford's automated, algorithmic selection of your local dealer based on zip code is going to be in your best interests. Call the dealer, ask them what their plan for Bronco is, and the more evasive or vague or downright bull$h!tty they are, the faster you should be running to another dealer if at all possible.
Unfortunately, a lot can happen between now and several months down the road when your Bronco finally arrives. (The dealer says one thing today and something entirely different in 2021). It would be a bitter pill and a ding against Ford if your dealer pulled some last minute BS. But, you get to walk and rethink your decision to be a Ford customer.

Can't help but think that Ford is giving dealers the chance to do the right thing, but is watching very carefully how this actually plays out. A new product launch, while simultaneously giving Ford a chance to evaluate the dealer network, would make a lot of sense.

Dealers pulling shenanigans on the Bronco launch could finally be enough for Ford to start the process of adopting the Tesla model and cutting dealers out of the sales process.

Bear in mind, most Dealers aren't actually helping sell the Bronco. What??? Ford, this forum, and the Internet Community in general have done that. Most Dealers have largely been relegated to delivery points and limited sources of additional information.

How many people actually contacted a dealer before making a reservation? How many people would actually contact a dealer if they could configure and submit their Bronco order on-line?

The savvy dealers have figured this out and most have made their presence well noted on this forum. They've upped their game. How many people moved their initial reservation to another dealer else as a result of what was posted on this forum?

When you're busy cutting throats, it's important to make sure that yours isn't one of them.

Last edited:

AK0311

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Jeep Renegade TH and a 97 Kawasaki Vulcan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Additional $900 down? There are plenty of dealers willing to accept just the $100 "reservation" as enough to place the order.
The $100 was to save your place in line so to speak. The $900 extra is because it's $1000 down to place a special order for any vehicle. FCA charges the same to special order a Wrangler or Gladiator.

Sponsored

AK0311

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Jeep Renegade TH and a 97 Kawasaki Vulcan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They will be producing no YYY Broncos until the XXXX are fulfilled in your scenario just for clarification...
I will believe that when I see it. I know for a fact other manufacturers have throttled special order builds to build generic vehicles destined for showrooms. May not be Ford, but it happens.

dryoung711

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a local guy that really seems "on it". He said the reservations starting with 100 or 101 will be the first group to finalize your orders maybe Q4 this year and they might be delivered spring (march or April timeframe). He then said the 102-104 delivered should be closer to summer at the earliest. And of course Ford is counting on cancellations like anyone would for only $100 down.

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My dealer was great and told me they will contact me in December for me to order my Bronco.
Same here. Bozeman Ford in Montana. Real nice guy. Told him I was a retired postal worker and he said “Do you know Chuck xxx ?” I replied of course I know him. I feel good about this. Advantage of a small town where we all know each other.

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And this is a reminder why many dealers can't wait for people to order their vehicles and then, at the last moment in the finance room, balk at some outrageous shenanigans they will try to pull and walk. Then the dealer takes that Bronco straight to someone they know is willing to pay top dollar (MSRP+"market price" markup) without having ever bothered with a reservation. This is how they get around Ford's reservation system, and finding honest dealers who won't pull that $h!t is all the more crucial for reservation holders.
This is my concern. What is further frustrating is that in Canada you can not change dealerships even once. You're stuck with your reservation dealership.

LARELL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My question is... how long do we ha6ve in order to take delivery? Can I show up, have my dealer offer me crappy financing options to try to get me to walk, say I’ll be back the next day to negotiate some more until they decide to work with me without them selling my order out from under me?

I’m not above a good ole fashioned sit-in to get them to work with me if I must.
This is one of my concerns but I am assuming that if the car is on order that finance would be willing to go over options with you prior to the car being on the lot. If they won't ill go to my bank and get a car loan on my own walk into my bank and get a loan, they are always advertising vehicle loans or refinancing. Give the dealer the $ and peace out.

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I can't help it tap into Meatloaf song: do you love me, will you love me forever? Do you need me? Will you make me so happy for the rest of my life, will you take me away will you make me your wife? I got to know right now. Before we go any further... Do you love me? Will you love me forever? Yes or no boy, what's it gonna be?
I'm just wondering how many of us can hold on. When your trucks right there, waiting for you.

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, my very rude GSM at Malloy Ford in Charlottesville first asked me for $500 non-refundable deposit to order the 2 door today (lie), but then after I asked about any dealer markups he said he wasn't sure and that he didn't believe Ford would actually fulfill all reservations. I asked why and he said he's been doing this awhile so he knows. I'm running from them asap. Anybody else hear anything like that?
I've heard nothing of the sort. I agree that you should not hand them non refundable money. Even at my dealership we are not asking anyone to do that. It's really frustrating to see dealerships trying to take advantage of people.

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is one of my concerns but I am assuming that if the car is on order that finance would be willing to go over options with you prior to the car being on the lot. If they won't ill go to my bank and get a car loan on my own walk into my bank and get a loan, they are always advertising vehicle loans or refinancing. Give the dealer the $ and peace out.
Finance should always give you your options. It is after all your money that you work for. If a dealer can't respect that then you absolutely should bring your own money.