My dealer says there's a heavy leaning towards higher end builds

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
he said that there is a heavy leaning towards higher end builds. He used the number “95%” to describe how many orders were similar to my 2dr badlands sas with lux

whether he was being literal with that number is a question. Is ford prepared for changing production to accommodate massive interest in high end 2 doors
Sponsored

sanford

Black Diamond
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Subaru Crosstrek, BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nope

Dane

Black Diamond
First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500/1966 Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's going to Piss me off if people who reserved after me, gets their Broncos first because I ordered I mid level Bronco instead of decked out Badlands or something! I'm Black Diamond, 2.7, Sas, mid pack. Day 1 order!

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Probably. Once you add sasquatch and an equipment package, and the v6 you’re damn near wildtrak and badlands territory and that’s with any trim.

Sponsored

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There was been a couple other automotive article not just from Ford that has mentioned the same thing. But it makes sense. For example if a 2-door and 4-door bronco require the same number of semiconductors. Ford can generate more revenue by building more of the more expensive 4-door. So it makes sense to build more of the higher trims

Last edited:

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was told the same thing but without percentages.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
At the end of the day, what matters to Ford will be:
giphy.gif

talbot

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr BL AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, the trims and ’packages‘ are paying off

buildbigboats

Black Diamond
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There was been a couple other automotive article not just from Ford that has mentioned the same thing. But it makes sense. For example if a 2-door and 4-door bronco require the same number of semiconductors. Ford can generate more revenue by building more of the more expensive 4-door. So it makes sense to build more of the higher trims
Agree that number of doors wouldn't a factor for that commodity but would imagine that higher trim levels with more electronic monitoring and creature comforts will require more semiconductors so that could run against those configurations.

Sponsored

Username_not_found

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's going to Piss me off if people who reserved after me, gets their Broncos first because I ordered I mid level Bronco instead of decked out Badlands or something! I'm Black Diamond, 2.7, Sas, mid pack. Day 1 order!
If anything you'd get yours sooner. Ford underestimated the demand for higher trim and packages and that's why they've warned things such as lux or leather seats may end up making your oder late availability.

Brichan

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

he said that there is a heavy leaning towards higher end builds. He used the number “95%” to describe how many orders were similar to my 2dr badlands sas with lux

whether he was being literal with that number is a question. Is ford prepared for changing production to accommodate massive interest in high end 2 doors
That sounds high. I expect the sample size in the Order Summary here in B6G is more accurate to the real world. With over 1000 sample size, it should reflect very closely what’s being ordered.

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They've got us right where they want us. The minimum price of admission for most of us would be the second level up (Big Bend). But by the time I spec out the BB the way I'd want it, I'm only about $2,800 from 'top-of-the-line' Wildtrak. And that's only about a $50/mo difference in monthly payment between the two trim-levels after my trade-in/down-payment.

RockChalk7KC

Badlands
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can vouch for the high trims, no doubt. I feel like I've been ordering nothing but Wildtrak and Lux packages.
Sponsored