Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Check out cars.com. I bet you be able to find exactly what you’re looking for at a reasonable price. You just got to put in the effort and make a ton of calls.

For example, 2 of my coworkers actually were able to get Broncos with no reservation/msrp from buyers backing out last minute. They just called the dealerships all over and got put on list. Then when buyer backed out they got call. One was able to score an Azure Grey Outerbanks 4 door Sasquatch with all the upgrades for msrp.
Sponsored

Shawn of the Dead

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Focus, 4 motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Im interested to see how my situation works out...this thread gives me pause.

My dealer will honor my signed purchase agreement even though the price on the vehicle has gone up (2 door Wildtrack, has a VIN and a production date of 2/20). Their stipulation was "they want the chance to finance me". I have done pretty well with them in the past but who knows right now.

My plan is to get a rate from my credit union and then see if Ford can match it. If they can't come damn close to that and want to add 2K I think I am going to pass.

My credit score is 850 and I have 0 debt outside my mortgage. On top of that I am bringing 22K in cash. I'm essentially a car dealers wet dream.

If they wanna play around and try to jerk me off for a measly 2k when they have dozens of $70k Lariats that are making bank with on the lot I will be pissed.

Between my parents, my wife, my kids and myself we have bought 8 vehicles from these guys. You would hope that earns a bit of good will.

G-Waggin

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac SRX
Your Bronco Model
Base
No, the dealer had me financed with Ford at a 10% rate and said I had to put a minimum of $4K down. My build came out to be $66k after my price protection with a 700 score. I refused because I felt it was outrageous and over the past 2 months, I’m finding out the shadiness they were doing when I found out they requested $87k threw my credit union, $21k over, so that makes me wonder why the first 2 they checked denied me? Probably because they put in the same purchase price with them as they did with my bank, trying to grab the ADM on the back end as they were “honering MSRP and price protection“. They actually sold it $12k over. Go figure

And I drive too much for a lease
How much did you want to put down?

Coloradonatives

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Chevelle 2020 Chevy Traverse 2009 9-7x Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

99% can’t be trusted. The other 1% ok at times. It’s a shady business period. Don’t even get me going on the finance dept. They tried that high rate with me and I pulled a up a loan on my phone for my daughters car bought less than 30 days earlier and said rates doubled in 3 weeks. Don’t think so. He was lost for words.
99%... That's BS and you know it. Your drama is childish and wrong.

Sponsored

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
99%... That's BS and you know it. Your drama is childish and wrong.
Really. Well let’s see. On another purchase the finance guy pulls the I just got a message the rate can be lowered. While he was trying to sell the extended warranty. That should make the payment with warranty the same as a moment ago with higher rate. BS. He didn’t get a message. He just lowered the rate hoping I would take the warranty.
it’s not childish. Car dealers in general suck. It’s their job on a daily basis to get as much as they can, however they can. Their sales meeting are not about giving the customer more.
Anyways. Don’t know you or care what you think. Have a good one.

jdbabb4247

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Whats up guys!!!! So its been almlost 2 months after I passed up on my Bronco after a 2 year wait. My bronco arrived about 3 days after Christmas and was super excited until I went to pick it up. Went to do the paperwork to finance the bronco, provided everything they wanted, proof of income, good credit score etc. They come back to tell me that the lowest rates they're getting is 7.99% for a 800 score, which I found outrageous. My score was 100 points lower and they told me that they're were going to try and get me that rate. They come back with I got financed with Ford and I had to put down a minimum of $4000 down. The kicker was that the interest rate was 10%. Immediately refused. The sales manager tells me thats the best your going to get. Now I requested for them to go with my credit union, which they didn't check at least while I was there. Now I'll say they did honor MSRP and my Price Protection. That's until I found out what they really were up to. I left it there and contacted my Credit Union myself. Not only did they only check 3 lenders and stop at Ford with such a high rate, they told me the object of the game was to go with who bites first and not the best rate. So the first 2 denied me. I contacted the sales manager back and told them my credit union is requesting the purchase order to proceed with the loan. They said they can send it to them and call me back with their decision, I said ok. All within the same day. They call me back and tell me they flat out said no. Im still baffled by this. I go up there and request my credit report that they pulled and see my Bronco now on the showroom floor with a $12k ADM attached. I laughed because at that point I knew they were with the games from jump. The set up that I just found out when I finally opened the letter from my bank was that when they reached out to my credit union on my behalf to send the purchase order, they requested over $87,000 when my Bronco was priced at $66,000 with everything I picked. That told me that they were trying to get an ADM out of me on the back end or put a price that would get me denied forcing my hand. Fuled my anger all over again when I thought they were a legit dealer when I bought from them before. Now I plan to order a MY24 come September with another dealer and same spec. Dont buy from Citrus Ford!!!!

Sorry had to vent lol

Took 21 months to get my Bronco, was going to order a '24, but after all this 'WTF FORD', another Bronco is out of the question, moving on to a Ranger.

Bigmatt

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I must have hit a 1 in a million chance. Dealer told me the truth every time I talked with them, only waited a year and a half to deliver, I had all the “restrictions” or whatever this forums lingo is for it and the only option I didn’t get was the paint protection (yes I even have a factory installed hitch) and I got a plan pricing with no surprise charges. Other than it being a long pain in the ass wait I received what I expected, a new open body 4x4 with less than expected NVH.
According to the vast combined knowledge of this forum I should still be waiting and have heard absolutely nothing from my dealer and be paying 10k more than they told me…. I guess I’m lucky because there’s definitely a blacked out black Diamond in my driveway.

BucknB

Base
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Prius
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OP- Not for nothing, there are multiple threads on 6g with people having different opinions here. Some say to go to the dealer cause they will get you the best pricing, others like above will say you didn't do your homework. I too am in this boat, infact I have a former dealer friend telling me to go to the ford dealer (Despite me already shopping from a CU, and getting a horrible deal). The dealer is and was in it for themselves, no longer support them and give them reviews eventually this will all blow over and it will catch up.

820+Score, 16k down....This doesn't give me good vibes either so everyone has their own 2 cents but for a dealer to shaft you like that is crappy on them.

2 years like many here its been a longtime, and it would suck to walk after this investment etc...but If it ain't meant to be then so be it.

Sponsored
OP
OP

KnappyRedd

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

sadiki2527

Badlands
First Name
sadiki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not defending the dealer, but it sounds like you weren't well prepared. You should have researched finance options before meeting with the dealer, and you can get preapproved.
That would be great if you could plan when your vehicle actually showed up.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dang sorry dude! I bought my mustang from them but that was way back in 2010.

if you need a good salesman go to @EricAtKearnyMesaFord he’s in San Diego but it’s well worth the drive and my Bronco experience was nothing but fantastic from him

KingCakeKid

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP had 2 years to get his financing in order and then get mad about market movement in the final month. You know you could always re-finance.

Kristi

Black Diamond
First Name
Kristi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MDX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Whats up guys!!!! So its been almlost 2 months after I passed up on my Bronco after a 2 year wait. My bronco arrived about 3 days after Christmas and was super excited until I went to pick it up. Went to do the paperwork to finance the bronco, provided everything they wanted, proof of income, good credit score etc. They come back to tell me that the lowest rates they're getting is 7.99% for a 800 score, which I found outrageous. My score was 100 points lower and they told me that they're were going to try and get me that rate. They come back with I got financed with Ford and I had to put down a minimum of $4000 down. The kicker was that the interest rate was 10%. Immediately refused. The sales manager tells me thats the best your going to get. Now I requested for them to go with my credit union, which they didn't check at least while I was there. Now I'll say they did honor MSRP and my Price Protection. That's until I found out what they really were up to. I left it there and contacted my Credit Union myself. Not only did they only check 3 lenders and stop at Ford with such a high rate, they told me the object of the game was to go with who bites first and not the best rate. So the first 2 denied me. I contacted the sales manager back and told them my credit union is requesting the purchase order to proceed with the loan. They said they can send it to them and call me back with their decision, I said ok. All within the same day. They call me back and tell me they flat out said no. Im still baffled by this. I go up there and request my credit report that they pulled and see my Bronco now on the showroom floor with a $12k ADM attached. I laughed because at that point I knew they were with the games from jump. The set up that I just found out when I finally opened the letter from my bank was that when they reached out to my credit union on my behalf to send the purchase order, they requested over $87,000 when my Bronco was priced at $66,000 with everything I picked. That told me that they were trying to get an ADM out of me on the back end or put a price that would get me denied forcing my hand. Fuled my anger all over again when I thought they were a legit dealer when I bought from them before. Now I plan to order a MY24 come September with another dealer and same spec. Dont buy from Citrus Ford!!!!

Sorry had to vent lol
🤬🤬
Sponsored