First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Talked with my dealer today, sent him the pre -delivery Raptor eBay auction post and we got to talking.

He told me that Ford has not scheduled(build) a bronco for them in over 3 months and they have 30 plus customer orders. Last one they received was a guy who ordered a hard top in January (2022) and it showed up in May. He said they told the guy it would be a year or more.

He basically said itā€™s just a lottery (which we all know already) and not a damn soul knows how/why certain ones get built and other donā€™t. Also said none of their customer ordered Sasquatch packaged orders have been filled.

Just curious if anyone else knows how many months their dealer has gone without any Broncos being built/scheduled.
Sponsored

SGXIX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ordered Basquatch, hardtop, 2.7 engine on Feb. 2, 2022. Was originally told by dealer it would take up to 8 months from date order gets submitted to Ford.
I followed up last week to check for updates and sales guy said: "There is currently no way to tell when it will get built. It all depends on chips at this point. The order banks are closed for new orders and we were told that all orders for 2022 will be built."

AZsasquatch

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It would be funny if the only thing holding up the orders were wheels considering how many people immediately replace them with aftermarket wheels anyway.

Ford has had a shortage of Sasquatch wheels lately, and itā€™s now gotten so bad that Ford has outright said that they will not be scheduling any Sasquatch builds for the month of August except for the Everglades trim. (Makes sense, Everglades has a different wheel.)

Based on what Iā€˜ve heard online and through my father (retired Ford engineer), it is due to the Covid lockdowns in Asia. If thatā€™s true, yaā€™ll with the Sasquatch package who havenā€™t gotten scheduled yet should probably just stop checking the backdoor links and your emails until after summer is over. They were locked down for just over 2 months, so logically scheduling for Sasquatch will probably be light for the next two months unless Ford was able to shift to a different supplier.

---

But anyway, to answer your question my dealer got very few Broncos in January, February, and March. Most of the Broncos they did get were 2021 Broncos that were stuck on ice mountain.

In April they got their first hard top Bronco (that wasnā€™t a First Edition), and things have picked up quite a bit since then. Most of their week one reservation holders that did not have the Sasquatch package are now scheduled (myself included). Definitely a good sign.

BUT, still a long ways to go. One of the most popular trims for my dealerā€™s reservation holders is Wildtrak, and to-date they have only recieved a single Wildtrak.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well you did say this is a "my dealer said* thread so I think your dealer is exaggerating a bit. The last big scheduling event was at the end of April, that was the one that was supposed to schedule June/July and several of the group buy dealers got huge allotments (38, 47, 50, etc). That was followed by a scheduling week in May where very few allocations went out (1, 0, 3). Which was followed by a cancelled week of scheduling.

As far as deliveries, well that all depends on how many were previously scheduled. Our dealer has had a steady trickle of Broncos coming in since last year.

OP
OP
Cornbred

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Well you did say this is a "my dealer said* thread so I think your dealer is exaggerating a bit. The last big scheduling event was at the end of April, that was the one that was supposed to schedule June/July and several of the group buy dealers got huge allotments (38, 47, 50, etc). That was followed by a scheduling week in May where very few allocations went out (1, 0, 3). Which was followed by a cancelled week of scheduling.

As far as deliveries, well that all depends on how many were previously scheduled. Our dealer has had a steady trickle of Broncos coming in since last year.
Wife has golden ticket and ordered a raptor using day one reservation and has no build date for that with this dealer. Plus a base sas 4 door hard top ordered in 21, converted 22 and probably about to be 23.

Sponsored

GrayEagleRider

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler (YJ) Subaru legacy KTM 690 Enduro R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was considering ordering a Basquatch in August when the banks open upā€¦ might not be an option now.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Having zero factual data, but with nothing more then an online observation and a feeling in my bones, it has seemed to me that for the most part Broncos get turned out in ā€œ model specificā€numbers . Early BB seemed to be the model showing up. Then in late winter early spring BL models started showing. A month ago, WT seemed to be the prolific model. It makes sense to me and is another explanation as to why some get them and some donā€™t. Again, not one iota of factual data backs up my hunch, but my ā€œ spider sense ā€œ is tingling.

GrayEagleRider

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler (YJ) Subaru legacy KTM 690 Enduro R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That makes since from a manufacturing perspective. Set up the line to make a specific configuration for a week/month before having to retool the equipment.
Sponsored