Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Many reasons. In some regions there were NO dealers willing to commit to price. In other cases, the dealers most likely to have oversized allocations (better chance of MY21) were not willing to talk price. Preference to have local delivery, instead of shipping for $1400 or 20 hour drive. Also, assurance from Ford that dealer can be changed at any time.
Sorry, reasons not good enough not to know what you’re doing by now. Must work harder. My local dealer just kept saying “we’ll be fair” really, thats reassuring, say bye bye to a sale. Switched to Stevens, done!
Sponsored

Happytown

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Eco SCREW 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well... we should. But if the dealer can convert the reservation to an order with no action on the part of the customer and no consequences from Ford, we're going to have serious issues with these unscrupulous dealers.

This is one area where Ford absolutely needs to step in. Under no circumstances should a dealer be touching a customer's reservation without their knowledge and approval.

(And if you think I'm wrong, imagine a dealer that wants a Bronco to sell on their lot at a huge markup. They just pick a customer's reservation, order whatever they want with no intention of selling it to the reservation holder, and wait to receive it. When the reservation holder declines to buy it because it's not what they wanted, the dealer sells it off the lot.)
On this note.... somebody help with citing where this was written.....but I remember some pretty specific verbage about dealers being penalized if the sale didn't make it to the original reservation holder. I think there is some check in place to at least deter, if not prevent this practice.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On this note.... somebody help with citing where this was written.....but I remember some pretty specific verbage about dealers being penalized if the sale didn't make it to the original reservation holder. I think there is some check in place to at least deter, if not prevent this practice.
Very little penalty. They lose one month of allocation if they steal more than 20% of the orders.

An unscrupulous dealer would want to steal 20% of the early reservations for big ADM markup on early deliveries.

Last edited:

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
A dealership could enter one wrong thing on your order on purpose,(like # of doors,colour,ect) knowing you will back out on delivery,then they have a nice new Bronco to mark up.

Stay classy Ford.Rockstars.
Why would you cancel? You can change your order up until final schedule. You can change trim till March 19.

Okiebud

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Question ... my dealership took my commitment to convert over phone and said they not ordering til April/May. Was told I was in top ten percent with early July 14 reserve. Seems hokey to do this over phone and others are actually converting now it seems at other dealerships via forum.

Sponsored

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My dealer called 15 minutes (10:45am January 20th) ago and TOLD me an I have an appointment at 3:30 this afternoon (January 20th) to come in and order my Bronco. I was told that if I miss this appointment my reservation will be canceled. I'm on the phone with Ford now.
My dealer called 15 minutes (10:45am January 20th) ago and TOLD me an I have an appointment at 3:30 this afternoon (January 20th) to come in and order my Bronco. I was told that if I miss this appointment my reservation will be canceled. I'm on the phone with Ford now.
Update. After speaking with Ford and a previous conversation with the sales idiots at the dealership yesterday about reservations and late availability options I'm switching my reservation to a different dealership.

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ok, saleman called me with the inventory manager(guy that does the ordering)..Inventory manage said he went into system last night to get familiar with it, and didnt know it would save it.
He said it was his fault.

We'll never know the truth, but the truth is i do have an order with jan 19 timestamp, at msrp(in writing).....and I ordered it today without any of the deadly seven(really wanted 6 cylinder, oh well) but Im thinking this will be one of the first ones.
So they supposedly f'd up your order and locked you in and you just got MSRP? Seems like a missed opportunity to get a deeper discount.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Question ... my dealership took my commitment to convert over phone and said they not ordering til April/May. Was told I was in top ten percent with early July 14 reserve. Seems hokey to do this over phone and others are actually converting now it seems at other dealerships via forum.
That's stupid. Your dealer gets their final allocation based partly on their reservation to order conversion between now and the March deadline. Not ordering until April/May hurts you and them.

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So you immediately gave up and switched to plan B. Why is that working harder? Probably many of us have plan B, but haven't given up on plan A because we ARE working harder. And Ford said we were allowed to negotiate before selecting a dealer...
Getting a better deal is not giving up. I gave my local a shot and they fumbled and bumbled. Do what you want, but the time for negotiation, in my opinion, is over.

Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So they supposedly f'd up your order and locked you in and you just got MSRP? Seems like a missed opportunity to get a deeper discount.
Except there’s literally 0 leverage at that point because your reservation can no longer be moved

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well... we should. But if the dealer can convert the reservation to an order with no action on the part of the customer and no consequences from Ford, we're going to have serious issues with these unscrupulous dealers.

This is one area where Ford absolutely needs to step in. Under no circumstances should a dealer be touching a customer's reservation without their knowledge and approval.

(And if you think I'm wrong, imagine a dealer that wants a Bronco to sell on their lot at a huge markup. They just pick a customer's reservation, order whatever they want with no intention of selling it to the reservation holder, and wait to receive it. When the reservation holder declines to buy it because it's not what they wanted, the dealer sells it off the lot.)
Agreed. And if this happens, their allocations should be taken away and their customers should be taken care of by Ford directly.

SasquatchBronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your mom
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Same situation here and just received this communication from my dealer.

1611154763521.png
That's some shady-ass shit if dealers convert reservations into orders without the customer's knowledge.

Last edited: