Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Jaguar F-TYPE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did not agree on price, I was waiting for pricing before I placed my order so I could compare different dealers...they converted my reservation without my knowledge or consent, without any agreement on price or options. They said they will do that after I get my build date from Ford, and that they are looking at MSRP "right now"...but no other details.

I see you are in michigan, as im in michigan could you say what dealer so I can be aware
Sponsored

Last edited:

Palerider

Outer Banks
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm in the same boat, thinking about just canceling my order. What a shit show from the start of this whole saga, spending hours refreshing the page on Day 1 to end up with a reservation that the dealer could just convert to an order without my permission. I wanted to hold onto my reservation and not convert it an order, and I am now a sucker that will be held hostage. I definitely don't want to reward the dealer for such tactics either.

Haha! Sneaky bastards got me also. Forum members here are sharp, but none of us saw this coming. Our reservations at Tamiami Ford in Naples are now listed as orders, and not with our consent. So much for Ford stating that we can change dealerships till March 19. Not so when your reservations have been hijacked and converted to orders without consent.

No chance I would buy from this ethically challenged dealership. I will keep my other reservation with Granger and that will be the last new Ford I ever purchase. This is a Ford issue, which they could easily fix by telling these dealers who have hijacked reservations to put them back. Ford set the rules for us to play by, but apparently dealers aren't required to follow them. For them not fix this...well, it would be just as expected. IDK, maybe that is why Tesla stock is $800 and Ford is $8, customer focused business Ford? Hello Jeep!

Bronco OUTER BANKS
In-Store Order

01/20/2021
Order Date
Order Number
Contact Dealer
Pre-Approval Certificate
Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

Bronco WILDTRAK
In-Store Order

01/20/2021
Order Date
Order Number
Contact Dealer
Pre-Approval Certificate

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Haha! Sneaky bastards got me also. Forum members here are sharp, but none of us saw this coming. Our reservations at Tamiami Ford in Naples are now listed as orders, and not with our consent. So much for Ford stating that we can change dealerships till March 19. Not so when your reservations have been hijacked and converted to orders without consent.

No chance I would buy from this ethically challenged dealership. I will keep my other reservation with Granger and that will be the last new Ford I ever purchase. This is a Ford issue, which they could easily fix by telling these dealers who have hijacked reservations to put them back. Ford set the rules for us to play by, but apparently dealers aren't required to follow them. For them not fix this...well, it would be just as expected. IDK, maybe that is why Tesla stock is $800 and Ford is $8, customer focused business Ford? Hello Jeep!

Bronco OUTER BANKS
In-Store Order

01/20/2021
Order Date
Order Number
Contact Dealer
Pre-Approval Certificate

Bronco WILDTRAK
In-Store Order

01/20/2021
Order Date
Order Number
Contact Dealer
Pre-Approval Certificate
Totally agree with the sentiment. But comparing the prices of individual shares of 2 different stocks doesn’t convey any information without the total number of shares (aka the Market Cap).

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My credit card was charged on 7/13/20 for a FE reservation date of 7/14/20. The sales manager called today and left me a message saying he was going to convert my reservation to an order and there was no need to call him back. I was shocked. By the time I got off of another call, listened to that voice mail and called him back, 30 minutes had transpired and he said it was already done. He said they converted all of their FE reservation holders.

I was very upset, as we had never negotiated terms of the sale, I had never given consent to convert my reservation to an order, and had no advance warning they would do such a thing. I called back multiple times trying to get the sales manager to reverse what had been done. He finally called back and said he would call his order contact and have it reversed.

I have no idea if this will be done. If its not reversed, I will probably cancel my order and it will be many years before I buy another Ford. I am incredibly pissed off.

I feel like this is really the golden age if you are a truck guy. There are so many cool substitutes either already available, or near production now. There are plenty of other choices.
I guess they assumed the FE buyers wouldn't be picky.

bronc'o

Wildtrak
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon, 2020 Defender FE, 2022 Bronco WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My order placed today as well. WTF!
Ford Bronco Dealer used my reservation and ordered a Bronco without my permission, on hold with Ford customer care now! ? Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 8.42.22 PM

Sponsored

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

bronc'o

Wildtrak
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

same thing at Leonardtown, NayNay did all the heavy lifting for her customers and now is calling each reservation holder to go through the build, pricing and then will submit the order to Ford. If at that time, we decide to cancel (i know who would cancel now) we still have that option. Although NayNay communicated this to all her reservation holders.
What if PayPay does not want to buy from NayNay, but another dealer instead?

bronc'o

Wildtrak
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is that what you wanted?
No. I wanted to order a 2 door. Also, this kills my negotiating ability, should my dealer opt to not accept x-plan, or invoice pricing.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No. I wanted to order a 2 door. Also, this kills my negotiating ability, should my dealer opt to not accept x-plan, or invoice pricing.
Yeah, I'd be switching dealers!!!

Sponsored

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What if PayPay does not want to buy from NayNay, but another dealer instead?
Sounds like we are all f*cked...and now locked to the dealer and pay whatever they ask. Removes the bourdon of negotiating though, so that's nice?

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm sure some dealers are converting to pin the order to them, some are hoping to capitalize on the orders people walk away from (under %20 and there's no penalties right?) and to help with their allocation. **BUT** I am going to go out on a limb and say a lot of these are the same dealers that up till now had no clue and still don't and just converted the reservations not understanding the hell they were unleashing....

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That’s the whole point, you can’t switch dealers once the reservation is converted to an order

bronc'o

Wildtrak
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Since the order was already placed by the dealer, I don't think I can without losing my place in line. I reserved my Bronco on July 13. Ugh!
Sponsored