Sponsored

My Dealer wants a credit check before placing my order... Anyone else?

Sharky1951

Big Bend
First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Discovery,viper, Mitsubishi 3000Gt,87 Benz 560sl
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m in Columbia SC ,USA , my dealer got $100 deposit for reservation, $1000 deposit for converting order and did a credit report before placing the order. The credit inquiry did show up on my credit report, they said they wanted to make sure I could afford $53,000. I must look poor .LOL
Sponsored

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Seems preposterous to me, seeing delivery is likely 7 or 9 months out. Made some informal inquiries, and it looks like I'm the only one...?
This is in Canada by the way...
Bitch of it is, I just hit up my line of credit to max out my TFSA contribution for the year! Obviously it'll be paid off before the Bronco comes, but it can't look great on my credit.
Wtf!?
I mean a soft inquiry should suffice right. I had a preapproval attached to my reservation so I am assuming something was done to make sure I could afford it.

campbebc

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did any of you actually have your $1000 deposit already get charged? My dealer said months ago that it "should get charged any day now" but it still hasn't. Figured it might get charged once there's a build date?

Confirmed they didn't code 99 me, I'm a second day reservation, and in the top 25% at my dealer in terms of allocation.

Sharky1951

Big Bend
First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Did any of you actually have your $1000 deposit already get charged? My dealer said months ago that it "should get charged any day now" but it still hasn't. Figured it might get charged once there's a build date?

Confirmed they didn't code 99 me, I'm a second day reservation, and in the top 25% at my dealer in terms of allocation.
Yes mine was charged and taken

T.S.

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
moped
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer didn't ask for an extra deposit or run a credit check. Very laid back place.

Sponsored

Bronco88

Black Diamond
First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm in Vancouver, B.C. and my dealer only wanted a 1000 down and at the last minute they said I could get away without it but I chose to put it down. As for credit check I was told only at the time of delivery, I mean I can understand why but honestly these vehicles will sell in a heartbeat if someone falls through, however, I do recognize the penalty the dealer might face.

Last edited:

BigSki150

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m in Columbia SC ,USA , my dealer got $100 deposit for reservation, $1000 deposit for converting order and did a credit report before placing the order. The credit inquiry did show up on my credit report, they said they wanted to make sure I could afford $53,000. I must look poor .LOL
What dealer did you reserve with? I found all of the dealers in Columbia unknowledgeable about the Bronco.

Sharky1951

Big Bend
First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What dealer did you reserve with? I found all of the dealers in Columbia unknowledgeable about the Bronco.
Classic ford, they don’t seem to know anything and will not tell me anything about #s

BigSki150

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Classic ford, they don’t seem to know anything and will not tell me anything about #s
Did you talk with Justin? I talked to him a couple of times and he was waiting for more info. I initially reserved with Dick Smith and changed to Stephens in November.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My dealer wanted a vial of my blood before placing my order. I obliged.

Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry you folks are having such a terrible experience with your chosen dealership. I think I’m the poorest SOB on here, and I haven’t been asked for a deposit or credit check from either dealership... 😂

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So yeah, the credit inquiry showed up on my credit report... And subsequently lowered my score by 40 points. 🤬
Thank you for your sacrifice. I have a beer with your name on it. 😁

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So yeah, the credit inquiry showed up on my credit report... And subsequently lowered my score by 40 points. 🤬
Where do you go to check your credit score in Canada?

Wineguy

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2dr Base, VW Alltrack
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ordered through Lafontaine Birch Run. All they needed from me was a couple initials, and a signature. I asked about money down, to which the salesman replied "If you don't want it when it comes in, a whole lot of other people do!"
Sponsored