Sponsored

My Dealer wants a credit check before placing my order... Anyone else?

Bronco88

Black Diamond
First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
And they got one! $500
Hmm weird, my dealer in B.C. flat out said no credit stuff would be done until time of delivery, just a 1000 deposit and that's it.

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hmm weird, my dealer in B.C. flat out said no credit stuff would be done until time of delivery, just a 1000 deposit and that's it.
Fuck... I'm just gonna tell him I haven't decided on cash or financing yet.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
His reasoning...

Ford Bronco My Dealer wants a credit check before placing my order... Anyone else? Screenshot_20210302-214911_Outlook
Lying sack of shit. Not someone I'd do business with, but you guys up there are operating under a different set of rules from what I understand. Watch him add thousands of ADM at delivery time...

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm in Canada too... My dealer didn't even ask. He just figured I was paying cash like I did my previous 4 cars thru him lol 💰🤑

Sponsored

DETT

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This one of the reasons it's important to find a good dealer and build a relationship with them. My sales rep and dealer know me well enough to not even question my credit.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's what we're asking from our customers. If that customer ends up not purchasing the vehicle and it ends up being because of credit, we now have a reason for Ford when Ford asks for one. These Orders need to be at minimum an 80% match or we as dealers lose allocation.

For instance, we just had an order come in for a customer on a truck they had put together with another sales guy a couple months ago. Come time to purchase and the guy almost doesn't get approved.

Any customer wanting to put an order in for any other type of vehicle We would do the same thing. We aren't treating the Bronco any differently. Being more stringent honestly. The penalty that comes with it just isn't worth it.
But, but, but I have constantly been told that dealerships are out to steal people's reservations by any means necessary so they can charge exorbitant adm's and they all have figured out how to stay under the 20% threshold so they don't care about the loss of allocation penalties.

/sarc

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seems preposterous to me, seeing delivery is likely 7 or 9 months out. Made some informal inquiries, and it looks like I'm the only one...?
This is in Canada by the way...
Bitch of it is, I just hit up my line of credit to max out my TFSA contribution for the year! Obviously it'll be paid off before the Bronco comes, but it can't look great on my credit.
Wtf!?
If I was asked for this I'd show them my bank statement and salary.

Are they willing to bypass credit check for this in replacement?

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Unless you are already getting your financing started, they don’t need to pull your credit. If you plan to do your financing through the dealers bank, then they might need to do a credit check.

Sponsored

Arsh

Badlands
First Name
Arsh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus NX 300
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seems preposterous to me, seeing delivery is likely 7 or 9 months out. Made some informal inquiries, and it looks like I'm the only one...?
This is in Canada by the way...
Bitch of it is, I just hit up my line of credit to max out my TFSA contribution for the year! Obviously it'll be paid off before the Bronco comes, but it can't look great on my credit.
Wtf!?
Ya I’m in Ontario, Canada. I had to get the credit check. But every car lease or finance is going to check your credit.

deejaybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My dealer is wanting to do that as well to ensure the people can afford to get a Bronco. That said, they are only doing it to those that don't have the Ford pre approval offer in there reservation.
I got that Ford pre-approval in my reservation but what do they base it on? Because they pre-approved me for $110k. Seems a bit over overkill for a Bronco 😂
Ford Bronco My Dealer wants a credit check before placing my order... Anyone else? 1614747604439

Last edited:

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Eh?

Brocked

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I believe there will be a lot of people that will not be approved when their Bronco arrives and many many from this site alone. Pulling a credit report this early means nothing anyway, at least not in the US, as you can F**k that report up in no time at all. Show a bank statement or financial statement to pacify them.

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nah you got it all wrong... They are only doing it to Texans... Can't trust them peeps 🤷‍♂️

But seriously, I wasn't asked for a credit check and I wasn't pre-approved either. I've heard of some dealers wanting to do it, but we just said look, we have people closing on houses soon, or refinancing.. So we don't need extra hits on our credit. And so far, those few dealers have backed down from it.
Wow wow wow, Hold your horses y'all... Here in Texas we just need to sell a cow to buy that pony my friend!

Not for real, I'm in Houston area and my dealer didn't ask me not even my DL. Of course, It's my regular Ford dealer and the Bronco is not going to be my first truck from them. But even thought, I haven't heard anybody from Texas where their dealer asked them for any payment in advance.

Maybe that's a California or Oklahoma thing.😂
Sponsored