Sponsored

My Dealer wants a credit check before placing my order... Anyone else?

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stephens Auto Center wanted a deposit, credit check, DNA sample, and a lien on my house...

Nah just kidding!! But John did ask for my name. šŸ˜ƒ
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nobody checks my credit until Iā€™m about to pay for the vehicle And it does them no good to check it now when you can go and max out your credit cards tomorrow.

Also, if you bail out on a Bronco order, they will likely be able to sell it for much more by putting in on the lot, especially if youā€™re getting a great deal like many of us on here.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got that Ford pre-approval in my reservation but what do they base it on? Because they pre-approved me for $110k. Seems a bit over overkill for a Bronco šŸ˜‚
1614747604439.png
I imagine that those that receive this are not opted out of pre-approval credit checks. I.E. all the mailings you get offering you credit cards based on a soft inquiry of your credit and theyā€™ll just adjust what you get based on a hard inquiry.

I opted out of that shit so I imagine thatā€™s why I didnā€™t receive anything.

Edit: I should have read your photo, it says right on it pre-screening and opt out lol. So yes thatā€™s what it is.

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No. But I'm 54 and drove up in a $150k car, I was also dressed reasonably nicely.

People stereotype others all the time (and mostly do it subconsciously). I wouldn't worry about it.
I called my dealer on a $1100 phone so yeah I feel you. Iā€™m sure they were like, ā€œthis dudes clearly a bad ass, he can afford an IPhone Pro max without payments so we donā€™t need to check his credit.ā€

Thanks for trusting me Granger Ford!

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not in Canada, but I did agree to my Dealer's credit check here in NJ. I was prepared for it, so had no issue. I even joked that I'd try to bring it up before game time (I'm well into the 800s so it was funny if you were there). They also copied my DL and proof of insurance and registration for my intended trade. This is my first time walking into a Dealer to order and then purchase a brand spanking new vehicle, so I fully expected it to go down this way, along with the $1000 deposit.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Canadian here. No credit check.

I've ordered three vehicles in the last year with no credit checks.

With the possibility of waiting up to a year for delivery what good is a credit check anyway? I can tank my credit score in that time.

SassyBronco2021

Outer Banks
First Name
Sharon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 Chrysler & Torrent GM
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mine asked if I was paying cash or financing... I asked if I had to decide now.. he said no... but if I said financing they would need more information and suggested I should just say cash for now and decide later.
On Jan,2021 I tried pre-ordering on Rose City Ford's in Windsor Ontario,I thought I was having an issue because the donut door wasn't on any package,I then called & went in & the dealer did everything thats when I found out the donut door was squashed. Then I put down $500,& she asked if I could afford the $62,000 bill being a barber during covid times & when I told her I'll be paying cash the day I pick it up, no other questions were asked. I also been saving for over 10yrs for my 1st new vehicle ever,not knowing what it would be until I seen the debut last summer,& seeing them donut doors, cyber orange, I knew SHE was the One.... hoping they'll engineer another door simular!

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On Jan,2021 I tried pre-ordering on Rose City Ford's in Windsor Ontario,I thought I was having an issue because the donut door wasn't on any package,I then called & went in & the dealer did everything thats when I found out the donut door was squashed. Then I put down $500,& she asked if I could afford the $62,000 bill being a barber during covid times & when I told her I'll be paying cash the day I pick it up, no other questions were asked. I also been saving for over 10yrs for my 1st new vehicle ever,not knowing what it would be until I seen the debut last summer,& seeing them donut doors, cyber orange, I knew SHE was the One.... hoping they'll engineer another door simular!
Ok I have to ask...what in carnation is a donut door?

Sponsored

SassyBronco2021

Outer Banks
First Name
Sharon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ok I have to ask...what in carnation is a donut door?
It is an extra dark glass in the bottom part of the front doors. When they debuted the bronco is when I seen it. The dealer told me Ford squashed it for safety reasons, which I get, it can make shatter & we have main arteries in our legs!

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is an extra dark glass in the bottom part of the front doors. When they debuted the bronco is when I seen it. The dealer told me Ford squashed it for safety reasons, which I get, it can make shatter & we have main arteries in our legs!
Lol, I guess I never heard them referred to as such...all I could picture was a Tim Horton modification of some sort!

SassyBronco2021

Outer Banks
First Name
Sharon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Lol, I guess I never heard them referred to as such...all I could picture was a Tim Horton modification of some sort!
Lol, to be honest I didn't know what that particular door was called myself until the day I went to the dealer & enquired, then was told it was an accessory but no longer available!

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not in Canada, but I did agree to my Dealer's credit check here in NJ. I was prepared for it, so had no issue. I even joked that I'd try to bring it up before game time (I'm well into the 800s so it was funny if you were there). They also copied my DL and proof of insurance and registration for my intended trade. This is my first time walking into a Dealer to order and then purchase a brand spanking new vehicle, so I fully expected it to go down this way, along with the $1000 deposit.
They'll try to hose you on your trade as well... Just a heads up

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I checked my own credit this morning and it was 773. Once that line of credit is paid off, I'll maybe be 800.
So...not worried. But what a PITA
Sponsored