Sponsored

My Dealership is selling marked up Broncos like candies!

Arnold1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I went to my dealership to check the order status of my Bronco and Maverick and was surprised to see that they have 8 Broncos on their lot. All of them had a mark up between 10 and 15k. I went into the show room and could have a closer look, which was great. In the same time there were 2 customers who were buying 2 of the Broncos. I asked one of the couples and they told me that they paid the full price with mark up and were surprised that I was getting mine without markup. But I told them I have to wait probably another 6-12 month to get mine. The sales guy told me that there is a crazy demand for those Broncos on the lot and he thinks all the cars are going to be sold by next week.

I am wondering if the dealerships have any motivations to get us or ordered cars when they have this easy source of income with all the marked up cars on their lot. They could theoretically change our hard top orders to soft top, get them, sell them with mark up and re order for us once the hard top issue has been solved?!

The only good aspect of my visit today was, that I could look inside the Bronco and see that it really looks great!
Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was surprised to see today that my dealer has a black base and is selling at MSRP, no mark up. Saw it on their lot too when I test drove their Wildtrack today (what a blast!).
Makes me feel good about my dealer, but I don't blame other dealers that cash in, it's probably what I'd do after seeing if one of my reservation holders would like to instead buy one of those on the lot.

Black_OBX_in_LA

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I went to my dealership to check the order status of my Bronco and Maverick and was surprised to see that they have 8 Broncos on their lot. All of them had a mark up between 10 and 15k. I went into the show room and could have a closer look, which was great. In the same time there were 2 customers who were buying 2 of the Broncos. I asked one of the couples and they told me that they paid the full price with mark up and were surprised that I was getting mine without markup. But I told them I have to wait probably another 6-12 month to get mine. The sales guy told me that there is a crazy demand for those Broncos on the lot and he thinks all the cars are going to be sold by next week.

I am wondering if the dealerships have any motivations to get us or ordered cars when they have this easy source of income with all the marked up cars on their lot. They could theoretically change our hard top orders to soft top, get them, sell them with mark up and re order for us once the hard top issue has been solved?!

The only good aspect of my visit today was, that I could look inside the Bronco and see that it really looks great!
Which dealership?

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

STAR Ford Glendale

In the meantime they have several new Broncos sitting on their lot. They have alone 5 Alto Blue Manual Big Bands they want to get rid of. I am sure when you negotiate, you can push the Markup down to 2-5k.
Alto Blue is a Bronco Sport color not available on the full size Bronco. Do they have a surplus of Bronco Sports, or do they have 5 Antimatter Blue Broncos? I assumed you were going to say Pilson was your dealer because they actually do have a lot of heavily marked up Broncos but now I’m wondering if this is just mistaken identity.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Arnold1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Alto Blue is a Bronco Sport color not available on the full size Bronco. Do they have a surplus of Bronco Sports, or do they have 5 Antimatter Blue Broncos? I assumed you were going to say Pilson was your dealer because they actually do have a lot of heavily marked up Broncos but now I’m wondering if this is just mistaken identity.
Sorry, all Area 51!

OP
OP

Arnold1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don’t see them listed on their website. Ehhh. All I see are Sports listed. I think you are getting your Broncos mixed up.
Dear Friend, I have been waiting for my Bronco for over 8 month and have researched the heck out of this baby. I can guarantee you that I know the difference between Bronco and Bronco Sport. The only reason I put Alto Blue in my initial post was because I was simultaneously looking in the Maverick forum and questioning my decision to go for the Alto Blue Maverick. The fact that they have not listed their Broncos, doesn't mean anything. Give them a call or if you live close by, go and visit them. I was there today and they have 7 or 9 Broncos on their lot and show room. The reason of my visit today was mainly to talk to them about the Maverick therefore I didn't pay much attention to the Broncos. Last time I was there I had enough time to sit in different Bronco trims and I was super happy to see how great my outer banks would look like. Anyway, if you want one, give them a call. They sold bunch of them with AT but the manual ones seem to be tougher to sell, so if someone wants a manual, this might be the opportunity to get one for a decent price.

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t see them listed on their website. Ehhh. All I see are Sports listed. I think you are getting your Broncos mixed up.
For no reason in particular…

Ford Bronco My Dealership is selling marked up Broncos like candies! 12A781A7-B455-4164-9CFE-C609221BCC8A

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dear Friend, I have been waiting for my Bronco for over 8 month and have researched the heck out of this baby. I can guarantee you that I know the difference between Bronco and Bronco Sport. The only reason I put Alto Blue in my initial post was because I was simultaneously looking in the Maverick forum and questioning my decision to go for the Alto Blue Maverick. The fact that they have not listed their Broncos, doesn't mean anything. Give them a call or if you live close by, go and visit them. I was there today and they have 7 or 9 Broncos on their lot and show room. The reason of my visit today was mainly to talk to them about the Maverick therefore I didn't pay much attention to the Broncos. Last time I was there I had enough time to sit in different Bronco trims and I was super happy to see how great my outer banks would look like. Anyway, if you want one, give them a call. They sold bunch of them with AT but the manual ones seem to be tougher to sell, so if someone wants a manual, this might be the opportunity to get one for a decent price.
I really wonder how they have that many to sell.
Did they have that many people cancel or did they try and up charge them.
Did they some how order them for the dealership ahead of others.
Just really strange that 99% of dealers are only getting reserve orders.
Just sounds fishy on there end.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Arnold1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I really wonder how they have that many to sell.
Did they have that many people cancel or did they try and up charge them.
Did they some how order them for the dealership ahead of others.
Just really strange that 99% of dealers are only getting reserve orders.
Just sounds fishy on there end.
I think these were reservations they had never heard back from and they turned them to orders to add them to their lot. If you don't want to believe me, fine. If other people are interested, just give them a call and check it out.

BroBronco

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If you guys see one on a lot that you want after waiting long time and maybe much longer, just go ahead an buy it now while you can and have ford dealer cancel your order and apply custom order deposit towards purchase. If worried about the mark up you can at least get 25-50% mark up eliminated if you substitute for 3yr/36 Ford EXTENDED bump to bump warranty. Beyond that, if you want it now, the mark up is here to stay. Sucks. But there is way more demand than inventory. Msrp price of broncos is also gonna go up each year. Get it while you can at decent price or continue waiting. Merica.

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think these were reservations they had never heard back from and they turned them to orders to add them to their lot. If you don't want to believe me, fine. If other people are interested, just give them a call and check it out.
That was very smart of them if thats the case.
Sponsored