Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So called my salesman at the dealership a few times. Once to add on something and change my engine choice. Salesman said this doesn’t matter until he is ready to process my order to be built.

Most recent conversation was about the email at the end of June, it switch my order to soft top with conversion kit. The response was, that doesn’t impact my order because they won’t be putting it in until September or October at which point they’ll go over all the options with me before sending it off to be built.

Does this sound right?? I feel like I missed out on dual tops because of not wanting to update the pre production info. And I’m not even sure what he added since I can only see the model that I’ve ordered on the website.
Sponsored

Caseoftexas

Outer Banks
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Were you under the impression your dealer had submitted your order for a 2021 build? Because they definitely 99’d you.

Dave_1978

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yea, my dealer is jerking me around as well. "We have 170 allocated for the year and your 300" The SOB even changed my reservation to and order and claimed FORD made them do it, of course its too late to change dealers. Ford gave me the wonderful option to either work with the dealer or cancel my order....

If Ford wants to take reservations, trying to compete with Tesla; than they have damn will figure out how to wrangle these dealers in because the consumers are the one screwed over with this crap.

Sponsored

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yea, my dealer is jerking me around as well. "We have 170 allocated for the year and your 300" The SOB even changed my reservation to and order and claimed FORD made them do it, of course its too late to change dealers. Ford gave me the wonderful option to either work with the dealer or cancel my order....

If Ford wants to take reservations, trying to compete with Tesla; than they have damn will figure out how to wrangle these dealers in because the consumers are the one screwed over with this crap.
Ford won't let you change dealers now?

OP
OP

njcoach24

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay, sounds like it’s a 22 lol. Thanks for all the quick feedback. The guy I’m dealing with just seems not totally on top of the ball so I was getting concerned.

I also was thinking about changing dealerships but I hate the other one even more lol.

Rodzm

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Base
I put a reservation in last month and converted to an order and just changed to the soft top to qualify for the conversion kit.. your dealer is playing games.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dealer is lazy and screwing you over. He doesn't want to spend the 5 minutes to actually order your truck, so is pushing you off until late September.

My dealer tried the same thing with me. LIED repeatedly saying the order banks were closed. They magically opened when I threatened to take my order to Granger.

Edit: it's also possible the dealer put in a random order for you and tagged it code 99 to up his allocations. Does your Ford account show an ORDER or RESERVATION?

OP
OP

njcoach24

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dealer is lazy and screwing you over. He doesn't want to spend the 5 minutes to actually order your truck, so is pushing you off until late September.

My dealer tried the same thing with me. LIED repeatedly saying the order banks were closed. They magically opened when I threatened to take my order to Granger.

Edit: it's also possible the dealer put in a random order for you and tagged it code 99 to up his allocations. Does your Ford account show an ORDER or RESERVATION?
it says “In Store Order” and has an order number. Why would they want to up the allocations vs selling it sooner? My current lease isn’t up until next May, is it possible they don’t want to ground that early but will the 22’s be out by then?

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

it says “In Store Order” and has an order number. Why would they want to up the allocations vs selling it sooner? My current lease isn’t up until next May, is it possible they don’t want to ground that early but will the 22’s be out by then?
Looks like your dealer has put your order in already. If you're a late reservation, or have option contsraints you'll probably be a '22 anyway. If that's so he is correct. He can change your order anyway you want when you order again in '22. The guesstamate is the '22 order banks will open sometime in September. Can you give us a little more info, i.e. your reservation date.

stupidrookie

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Don’t threaten, just move it. It’s not very likely that stealership is going to magically stop screwing you if you stick with them.

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I (and many others here) have an October reservation that is 99’d (My second reservation put in as a back up plan because of an amazing deal that became available then). I’ve never even given them my build because it won’t be submitted until MY22 order banks open up. It has shown up as an in store order since March because that’s how the system works. Your dealer isn’t necessarily jerking you around. There just literally isn’t anything to be done until the order banks open for next year with your late reservation. That logic might be slightly different now than it was a couple months ago but if they have a lot of soft top 4 door orders ahead of you in line, it really doesn’t matter what you want in your build yet. Not being mean, just trying to help you not be frustrated since to me it sounds like your dealer just isn’t going to worry about you for another month or so when they can actually do something for you.

OP
OP

njcoach24

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don’t threaten, just move it. It’s not very likely that stealership is going to magically stop screwing you if you stick with them.
I (and many others here) have an October reservation that is 99’d (My second reservation put in as a back up plan because of an amazing deal that became available then). I’ve never even given them my build because it won’t be submitted until MY22 order banks open up. It has shown up as an in store order since March because that’s how the system works. Your dealer isn’t necessarily jerking you around. There just literally isn’t anything to be done until the order banks open for next year with your late reservation. That logic might be slightly different now than it was a couple months ago but if they have a lot of soft top 4 door orders ahead of you in line, it really doesn’t matter what you want in your build yet. Not being mean, just trying to help you not be frustrated since to me it sounds like your dealer just isn’t going to worry about you for another month or so when they can actually do something for you.
ya, I’m not in any rush but the salesman isn’t interested in putting in any effort or totally uninformed. I’m more interested at this point in transferring the reservation to a place where they are offering free oil changes and a little more professional.

how do you transfer???

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ya, I’m not in any rush but the salesman isn’t interested in putting in any effort or totally uninformed. I’m more interested at this point in transferring the reservation to a place where they are offering free oil changes and a little more professional.

how do you transfer???
Call the Ford help line. I don’t have the number on hand anymore but it’s all over this forum. I did that with my July 14 res in the winter and it was an easy process.
Sponsored

Last edited: