First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Where did you get the template for the cutout? This looks great.
no template just measured everything. Did use some cardboard to help with the wider angled part.

frostyjake

Base
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
Panels folded back, seats up.

20220901_124012.jpg

20220901_124134.jpg
This is great work and I'll probably use a similar design when I get my Bronco. Nicely done.

If you redo the hinges, you might consider mounting the set closest to the front on the bottom instead of the top. That way the two pieces fold up in a "z" pattern, and lay flat in the back when the seats are up.

NPS880

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This is great work and I'll probably use a similar design when I get my Bronco. Nicely done.

If you redo the hinges, you might consider mounting the set closest to the front on the bottom instead of the top. That way the two pieces fold up in a "z" pattern, and lay flat in the back when the seats are up.
Good thought, thanks.

Poolboy1637

Big Bend
First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You'd need to cut out pockets for the latches to fit into so it could sit flush.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Preheateddinner

Preheateddinner

Big Bend
First Name
S.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco BB 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Three seat delete for now! Nothing fancy for the front passenger spot. Just had some supplies that I stacked and then some cardboard to level it out. Worked fine for a night’s sleep!:LOL:
That looks like it tuned out great!

Cysquatch

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CTS, 1996 Silverado 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Really great work! This thread was part of my inspiration for this past weekends project.

I ended up leaving the seats in and did a platform. I wanted a level load floor to make it easy to load my photo gear (larger pelican cases) and also something to hide my subwoofer when the top is down (or even with the soft top on). I also like that it can be removed in a few minutes.

still a work in progress:

Ford Bronco My DIY 2 door rear seat delete 0FA84CD5-DC46-463A-AA3E-F0484BA07A76
I like this option a lot. Can you let us know the details? (type wood, measurements, parts, etc).

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Y’all are a lot fancier than my 1 seat delete. I’ll finish it up one day with a nice Diamond plate mat but until then this works great when oil and gas get on it from the chainsaw or grandson’s motorcycle.

Ford Bronco My DIY 2 door rear seat delete E0366E98-6B2F-4459-80DE-E30D213B64E8

mikey_photo

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like this option a lot. Can you let us know the details? (type wood, measurements, parts, etc).
No problem! It has actually worked out great for my purposes. Keep in mind I have pretty poor carpentry skills and I'm sure others can probably provide way better advice/plans... but it works for me.

I found 3/4" plywood at home depot in a 4'x4' sheet (around $45) and had them cut the plywood to size for me. I think they charge .50/cut and it was 2 cuts. I went with 42" wide (left to right) and 40" deep (front to back).

I added two 13" long pieces of 2x8 to the section that sit behind the seats. I did a test fit and then subsequently added (screwed and glued) the leftover scrap pieces of plywood to the front section which rests on the seat backs. I basically just kept adding pieces until it sat close to level in the back of the Bronco.

Ford Bronco My DIY 2 door rear seat delete IMG_2484

I added a few D rings to the rear to secure it to the floor using the existing tie down points in the Bronco. Picture is from before I tied it down, but you can see the D rings.

I used these: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-1...nchor-Point-in-Black-4-Pack-FH1121B/312994392

Ford Bronco My DIY 2 door rear seat delete IMG_2698

I found a 6'x9' ( around $25) piece of outdoor carpeting from Lowes that I cut to size (leaving enough overhang to pull it around and staple it into place) and some spray adhesive.

Ford Bronco My DIY 2 door rear seat delete IMG_2495

Edit: The only other thing you really need is some screws in various lengths (as to not screw all the way through the plywood) and some small L brackets to attach the 2x8 pieces.

Sponsored

Cysquatch

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No problem! It has actually worked out great for my purposes. Keep in mind I have pretty poor carpentry skills and I'm sure others can probably provide way better advice/plans... but it works for me.

I found 3/4" plywood at home depot in a 4'x4' sheet (around $45) and had them cut the plywood to size for me. I think they charge .50/cut and it was 2 cuts. I went with 42" wide (left to right) and 40" deep (front to back).

I added two 13" long pieces of 2x8 to the section that sit behind the seats. I did a test fit and then subsequently added (screwed and glued) the leftover scrap pieces of plywood to the front section which rests on the seat backs. I basically just kept adding pieces until it sat close to level in the back of the Bronco.

I added a few D rings to the rear to secure it to the floor using the existing tie down points in the Bronco. Picture is from before I tied it down, but you can see the D rings.

I used these: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-1...nchor-Point-in-Black-4-Pack-FH1121B/312994392

I found a 6'x9' ( around $25) piece of outdoor carpeting from Lowes that I cut to size (leaving enough overhang to pull it around and staple it into place) and some spray adhesive.

Edit: The only other thing you really need is some screws in various lengths (as to not screw all the way through the plywood) and some small L brackets to attach the 2x8 pieces.
Thanks so much. I like how you kept it simple and how easy it is to remove.

mikey_photo

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks so much. I like how you kept it simple and how easy it is to remove.
No problem! It's simple because of my lack of carpentry skills. It is super easy to remove, you just have to angle it a bit when putting it in/taking it out.

Also, I went with 2x8 to be able to fit my sub underneath it. You can probably go lower than that as well.

Cysquatch

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No problem! It's simple because of my lack of carpentry skills. It is super easy to remove, you just have to angle it a bit when putting it in/taking it out.

Also, I went with 2x8 to be able to fit my sub underneath it. You can probably go lower than that as well.
Looking at the scrap you used to even it out, it appears to be 1.5" stacked. I may eliminate that and reduce the 2x8's to 2x6.5's to lower it. (my sub is under the front seat) ;)

The anchors. How are you attaching them to the floor?

Thanks again!

mikey_photo

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looking at the scrap you used to even it out, it appears to be 1.5" stacked. I may eliminate that and reduce the 2x8's to 2x6.5's to lower it. (my sub is under the front seat) ;)

The anchors. How are you attaching them to the floor?

Thanks again!
I just used tie down straps similar to these:

https://a.co/d/73NzKKe

mark1031

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 1966 VW Bus, 1999 Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone know if you can defeat the seatbelt buckle error by just completing the circuit? I havent taken mine apart yet but from videos it seems like the seatbelt is only 2 wires and am wondering it I cross those two if the error will go away. Maybe a resistor or something might be needed. Wondering...

I see in the videos a lot of people tearing up those plastic clips trying to get the assembly opened up. I was hoping to avoid that and not replace the buckle at all.
Sponsored