Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
DIY wrapped, painted grill and beauty rings plus retro pin stripe

Top wrapped with 2080 3M vinyl film. It took my husband and I about 5 hours and was surprisingly simple after we got the hang of the corners. It cost 180 on amazon. The only thing we’ve ever wrapped before was a Christmas present. It turned out really good! The quote we got from the local wrap guy was 1500.

Talked to a powder coat guy about the wheels, but that was going to cost 500, so we just removed the beauty rings and did the same thing we did to the grill.

The grill was the hardest to get just right. We removed the grill, drilled out the letters, sanded and prepped the grill. Sprayed it with gloss automotive paint and finished it with a clear protective coat. The letters we painted red and glued them back with JB weld.

The pinstripe is from underground graphics. It was 90 dollars and took about and hour to install. Getting it perfectly straight is almost impossible. Even with a level….

we removed the Badlands badges, put one under the painted white bronco on the back and the other on my son’s hat. Retro script from Bronco graveyard is on the way.

Thanks for looking! It was a super fun project. I had a 4 dr cactus grey badlands and I switched it out for the 2 dr cyber orange. Really happy about that decision!

E9FF5F5C-835E-4185-92BF-0C649A8CCCC4.jpeg

FF2B93C7-18BE-46B2-885E-D8197B9D97C6.jpeg

2014E304-DEDA-4B58-B58E-E5196FF9F7BD.jpeg

DF9E3458-AC2E-4C55-B331-E3C54A688A8E.jpeg

405FEC0F-971B-422D-B1E2-D68DA1FC910B.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I like!

CyberOrangeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks great.

Very similar to what I was thinking of doing with my 2 door CO Badlands

DarthLincoln

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 BMW M coupe, 2023 Ford Bronco Badlands 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks great! Cyber Orange is a nice subtle modern twist to the Heritage design. Any issues with the wrap adhering to the top? did you have to prep it chemically or with special cleaner to make the wrap stick in crevices?

Also, did you try seeing how it looked leaving the front grill camera black instead of painting it white? The camera is about the same width as the hole gaps between the other letters. Since it sticks out, maybe it might look like a nose if it was black. Just curious if you experimented with it.

nice build!

Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Top wrapped with 2080 3M vinyl film. It took my husband and I about 5 hours and was surprisingly simple after we got the hang of the corners. It cost 180 on amazon. The only thing we’ve ever wrapped before was a Christmas present. It turned out really good! The quote we got from the local wrap guy was 1500.

Talked to a powder coat guy about the wheels, but that was going to cost 500, so we just removed the beauty rings and did the same thing we did to the grill.

The grill was the hardest to get just right. We removed the grill, drilled out the letters, sanded and prepped the grill. Sprayed it with gloss automotive paint and finished it with a clear protective coat. The letters we painted red and glued them back with JB weld.

The pinstripe is from underground graphics. It was 90 dollars and took about and hour to install. Getting it perfectly straight is almost impossible. Even with a level….

we removed the Badlands badges, put one under the painted white bronco on the back and the other on my son’s hat. Retro script from Bronco graveyard is on the way.

Thanks for looking! It was a super fun project. I had a 4 dr cactus grey badlands and I switched it out for the 2 dr cyber orange. Really happy about that decision!

Nicely done! Delivering some maximum bang for the buck while you are at it, too.

FlyTheCourse

Badlands
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4dr Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks awesome! One of a kind.
Which brand of wrap did you decide to use and why you chose it?

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco My DIY Bronco heritage build: wrapped white top + painted grille & wheel rings + pinstripes 405FEC0F-971B-422D-B1E2-D68DA1FC910B
Nice. Yours is a personalized, hybrid Heritage/Badlands. :)

I'm in process of making my Badlands a near-Heritage as well. I've got white wheels which I use as the daily drivers and just swap back to the OEM wheels and KO2s for off-roading. I'm going to have my Heritage grille painted professionally, as I'm going to do the surround in body color (Cactus), the face in white and leave the center in black as seen in the Ford Heritage promo photos. Ford doesn't do the surround part of the grille in body color, so careful eyes will notice that difference. :) The Heritage grille comes with FORD letters in red, and of course, the 6-slot wide grille.

I did the Heritage strip that includes the Bronco script up by the front. The last step will be wrapping the top.

When the Heritage was announced (literally just a few days after I got my VIN), I was disappointed that I was going to miss the opportunity to get it. But after the specs came out, I realized I couldn't get it the way I wanted, anyway. I'd have to try to get a Heritage Limited but would end up with black wheels and Sasquatch and I think leather. The regular Heritage requires Sasquatch and doesn't allow the Badlands features and options, so in the end, converting Badlands into Heritage style was the only way to go.

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was reticent about wanting to see a CO in a heritage build, but all for naught because that looks terrific! We need a rear 3/4 shot too.

AARDVARK122

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 volvo xc70
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is a perfect example of how far ford was off on their color offerings on the heritage model. I can’t figure out why they just didn’t offer up the whole color pallet. I would have liked to see a EG, VB, HPR, and love the CO you have done.

Sponsored

OG-Surfdog

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.the65falcon.com
Vehicle(s)
'65 Falcon, '74 TR-6, '13 F150, '21 Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Great Job! Looks so retro I had to add my 2 cents.
Waaay back a friend of mine asked if i wanted to go off roading with him.
Jumped in his only 2 years old '71 Bronco, yellow and white and headed off to the little ghost town of Calico CA. Back then the town was almost in its natural state of disrepair. Its since then become quite a tourist attraction I guess. We did some rock crawling (for the early 70's) in the area. I was in charge of taking pictures. I ran across this picture I took that reminds me of your new Bronc Things to see in that picture: Fuel Filler Cap had to be leaking? Photo dated 'Feb. '73, thats 50+ years ago now. Warnings painted on the rocks. DNA Style Badges.
Ford Bronco My DIY Bronco heritage build: wrapped white top + painted grille & wheel rings + pinstripes old-bronco

Last edited:

T Copp

Raptor
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'd also like to know what prep work, if any, was done to the top before it was wrapped.

KNXBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You all did a great job on your Bronco. The top looks great.