Haystack

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yes
Unfortunately my area of Chicagoland has some of the highest premium fuel markups in the nation. :( 93 octane can cost an additional $1.00 a gallon around here.
Not doubting your comment, but looking up the average price of premium fuel in Chicago right now, it's about 50 cents cheaper than regular fuel here in California. I'd say you got it pretty good even if it's still considered high for the nation.

Peter Gosenya

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Clubs

I have a 16 F150 SCrew 4x4 with a 5.0. I love it. My new work truck is a 20 same as mine but the 2.7 eco. This thing flies. I will not be buying another V8. These turbo V6’s are very impressive.

indio22

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Land Rover, 98 Jeep TJ, 85 Jeep CJ-7
Not doubting your comment, but looking up the average price of premium fuel in Chicago right now, it's about 50 cents cheaper than regular fuel here in California. I'd say you got it pretty good even if it's still considered high for the nation.
I hear ya. I was talking the price differential between regular and premium. It can be $1 extra markup per gallon here in Chicagoland. I've got a car that uses premium and that is quite a jump in price. But yeah, the overall prices look higher in California.

Advertisement

Advertisement