First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wanted to share my experience dealing with Archetype Racing. I decided to cancel my order for my Wildtrak fender emblem last month after about 15 weeks of waiting. I decided to go a different route and figured it wouldn’t be a big big deal to cancel, I was wrong. They were unable to refund the card used due to using a different processor. I opted for a refund check as an alternative. I received the check for the purchase price minus a 10% cancellation fee. The problem is their check was bad and was charged back resulting in me accruing a fee from my bank. According to my bank the account the refund came from is frozen. I have not heard back from them on the charged back refund check and now I’m stuck disputing the charge to hopefully receive a refund. Sorry for the rant but I felt I should put this out there.
Sponsored

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Wanted to share my experience dealing with Archetype Racing. I decided to cancel my order for my Wildtrak fender emblem last month after about 15 weeks of waiting. I decided to go a different route and figured it wouldn’t be a big big deal to cancel, I was wrong. They were unable to refund the card used due to using a different processor. I opted for a refund check as an alternative. I received the check for the purchase price minus a 10% cancellation fee. The problem is their check was bad and was charged back resulting in me accruing a fee from my bank. According to my bank the account the refund came from is frozen. I have not heard back from them on the charged back refund check and now I’m stuck disputing the charge to hopefully receive a refund. Sorry for the rant but I felt I should put this out there.
You been a member for almost a year, never made one post. Then you come on here with your first post to cry foul and accuse a reputable company of bad practices like this? Come on, I wasn't born yesterday. No merit to your accusations. You should of just not posted. Too many ppl on here have nothing but praise for Curtis and his team.

@EIGHTLUG

brentutk

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My personal opinion, as a fairly reputable poster for almost 3 years (and an Archetype customer), is that Archetype should clean up their cancellation policy and process. After all, we have made full prepayments on an item that Archetype MAY not legally be allowed to sell at this point. Other companies attempting to sell unlicensed Bronco copyrighted material have been forced to close up and disappear. As great as the products and people at Archetype are, we as preorder holders have funded production of a product we are HOPING can be sold, and I don’t like hearing of a few recent issues with cancellation fees and difficulties. Hoping the frozen bank account is either incorrect or an honest mistake.

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You been a member for almost a year, never made one post. Then you come on here with your first post to cry foul and accuse a reputable company of bad practices like this? Come on, I wasn't born yesterday. No merit to your accusations. You should of just not posted. Too many ppl on here have nothing but praise for Curtis and his team.

@EIGHTLUG
No, no. This is a viable complaint. We upgraded/changed our business bank account (Chase) and this refund check was sent out using a check for the previous account that was closed. We were going to reissue a new check on the new account, but the customer stated, in an email to us, they were going to dispute it with their credit card company and I left it there. I take it, with their post, they didn't receive a favorable outcome with their CC company and now here we are.

I'm still open to sending the refund check, but to my knowledge, I have not seen a request (email or PM) come through. I could be mistaken, though.

I'd also add that the reason we are unable to refund through the CC used was the age of the transaction was beyond 90 days and the transaction is considered closed.

Last edited:

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Amazing how sh!t can get resolved if you just talk to the person you have an issue with.

Sponsored

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Amazing how sh!t can get resolved if you just talk to the person you have an issue with.
We've PM'd back and forth. It's been handled. All is good again.

Being a customer of a lot of companies and being close to a lot of owners of a lot of companies, I tend to look at most things with an open mind. You know, from both sides. I try my best to be a great steward of the company and the Bronco/Mustang brands. I also believe a lot in Karma and doing what's right for the customer, but not at the complete detriment to the company or my sanity. A lot of times that means late nights and weekends, but I/we do it because it's because of you and all of your support that got us here. ...and I also don't like to disappoint people. So there's that.

Last edited:

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

We've PM'd back and forth. It's been handled. All is good again.

Being a customer of a lot of companies and being close to a lot of owners of a lot of companies, I tend to look a most things with an open mind. You know, from both sides. I try me best to be a great steward of the company and the Bronco/Mustang brands. I also believe a lot in Karma and doing what's right for the customer, but not a the complete detriment to the company or my sanity. A lot of times that means late nights and weekends, but I/we do it because it's because of you and all of your support that got us here. ...and I also don't like to disappoint people. So there's that.
I'm tracking, knew it would work itself out. I don't envy running a business in today's environment, you get allot of hassle just trying to do your job but I appreciate all you do for the community!

OP
OP
Jmarque

Jmarque

Wildtrak
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I agree and will take some blame for letting my frustration get the better and not reaching out to find a resolution. I appreciate @EIGHTLUG help in getting everything squared away.

emulous74

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ZR2 Bison D , '23 Bronco 2DR, MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If the cancellation policy is clearly on their website and/or if it's a pre-order, it's clearly laid out in the description of said pre-order, than it's completely buyer's remorse and not the company's fault.

One should know the risk of a pre-order, especially in the past three years that things don't always work out the way it's planned. No matter who, what, where the fault lies.

Different story if the cancellation is not presented/available to the customer before an order.

Sponsored

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does their stuff take quite a while to ship out…yes, are they up front about it…yes, have I placed 3 separate orders for 3 separate items…yes, Why…because their products are the sh**!!!! Oh yeah, have all items been delivered…Absolutely!!

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Does their stuff take quite a while to ship out…yes, are they up front about it…yes, have I placed 3 separate orders for 3 separate items…yes, Why…because their products are the sh**!!!! Oh yeah, have all items been delivered…Absolutely!!
I’d also like to add, having long lead times isn’t one of our selling points. We’re literally tripping over each other on our current shop and can’t wait for the new shop that we’re expanding into to get a C.O. The new/bigger transformer gets put in place tomorrow. We need more power for all of the new CNC machines 🔥. We have a lot of product goals for this year, but I’ll tell you, the biggest goal is to cut lead times by A LOT. I’m talking down to single digit days.

As flattering as it is to have the support and backing of the community, even with the lead times being what they are, we can do better, and will.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jeezus...
I had an issue with a local distributor on a warranty refund.... Weeks and weeks of jerking me around.
I eventually filed only with the BBB...
1 day later, I got my refund credited to my CC and they also mailed me a $40 gift card.
Good luck

bstottlemyer85

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands - NonSas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree and will take some blame for letting my frustration get the better and not reaching out to find a resolution. I appreciate @EIGHTLUG help in getting everything squared away.
Not telling you what to do, but might want to edit the original post with the resolution, letting people know it was resolved, in case they don't read the thread.

Bluewheels

Black Diamond
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’d also like to add, having long lead times isn’t one of our selling points. We’re literally tripping over each other on our current shop and can’t wait for the new shop that we’re expanding into to get a C.O. The new/bigger transformer gets put in place tomorrow. We need more power for all of the new CNC machines 🔥. We have a lot of product goals for this year, but I’ll tell you, the biggest goal is to cut lead times by A LOT. I’m talking down to single digit days.

As flattering as it is to have the support and backing of the community, even with the lead times being what they are, we can do better, and will.
From someone in software engineering, I love the product improvement mindset. And the transparency.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.