Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That's a fair comment. Not too long ago, a manual was the thing to have for offroad. I grew up with them and it has left a definite preference for me. Sorry he smoked you out with the clutch. That smell will just about turn you green. Ever tried to teach someone on a manual while doing your best to ignore the burning clutch to keep from ratcheting up their anxiety? It's hard to keep a straight face and calm attitude.
Right.. I can't imagine a situation where you would smell burning clutch in a Bronco with the crawler and low range. You would either stall (unlikely) or loose traction before that happened. I have to assume the driver made a 'tactical' error.
Sponsored

OP
OP
flip

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those that want to video their off roadeo drives. All of the bigs we were in had the go pro/camera/tripod mount socket in the dash. All of my vids were either me trying to film when my brother was driving or vice versa. Not great quality but good enough to get the point across.

Tim's YT video above is great! Not sure what group he was in but our session was the last one at 11am. The lady at the check-in desk said there were about 75 total for the day so they had to go with staggered sessions. My next question was how the customer events were going to be laid out. She said somewhat similar but the groups are going to be "much smaller", which means more one on one interaction with the trainers (who all have off road experience). All of this is done in partnership with the Horseshoe Resort, sort of a stay and play thing. There was chatter of a package deal in the works once this opens up to customers.

I wish someone had a good shot of the detail area. Each vehicle was cleaned inside and out for 'rona safety. This means they have groups of 6-8 vehicles out at any one time and more in detail and backups. The crew was kicking butt for the pace of the day. Major props to them.

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh, I've been through Kansas. Note the word "through". Barbecue = (y) Driving for hours, not seeing much of civilization, everything flat and wondering if I should have stopped at that gas station twenty miles ago, not so much. 😄 Seeing the world's largest ball of twine? It was on the way, so(y):LOL:.

Calypso

Heritage
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac CTS
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Ford Bronco My experience from Bronco Off-Roadeo Austin dealer preview, with pics & videos Niotaze KS 2017

This native mid-westerner can see the beauty in Kansas. . .

WB on US166 near Niotaze, KS at sunset, just after a brief rain shower.

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Right.. I can't imagine a situation where you would smell burning clutch in a Bronco with the crawler and low range. You would either stall (unlikely) or loose traction before that happened. I have to assume the driver made a 'tactical' error.
I have only ever offroaded one so vehicle to vehicle differences would probably catch me pretty easily.

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Niotaze KS 2017.jpg

This native mid-westerner can see the beauty in Kansas. . .

WB on US166 near Niotaze, KS at sunset, just after a brief rain shower.
My midwest has hills, out west where you can watch your dog run away for 3 days I feel like a cockroach when the kitchen light gets turned on.

I need cover!

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My midwest has hills, out west where you can watch your dog run away for 3 days I feel like a cockroach when the kitchen light gets turned on.

I need cover!
Very similar to Saskatchewan up here in Canada. You can see a a grain silo in the distance that will take you 2 hours at highway speed to pass.
Ford Bronco My experience from Bronco Off-Roadeo Austin dealer preview, with pics & videos 1620857034884

Sponsored

SSPEAK@KMFORD

Badlands
First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Expedition, 2019 F-150, 2015 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wanted to put this topic up after attending the first dealer preview.

First, the setting was perfect for demonstrating all of the off road technology and driving techniques. To say my opinion of the bronco was met would be a lie because it blewall expectations out of the water.

Our instructors/guides (Ben & Greg)did an incredible job of explaining what technology to use depending on the obstacle or terrain. Power in all models and engines was crazy good. No issues on the trails with lack of muscle, period.

May of us had expectations of the Sport shattered as well. We were doing switchback “forest service trail roads” at 25mph and the damn thing glued itself to the course.

The bigs drove great, far better than expected. Comfortable for my 225 6’1” sack of flesh with room to spare. Oh, and did I mention power?

Hopefully others will add to this with pics and vids.

If you have the ability to attend one of these absolutely do it experienced off-roader or not. Even if you never plan to go off the pavement.

Ford Bronco My experience from Bronco Off-Roadeo Austin dealer preview, with pics & videos 1620857034884

Added videos by @flip

Soooo freaking excited to go! My dealership chose me! I'm set for the 25th! Glad to hear it's fun and not a let down.

FordVideoGuy

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hope Tim Bartz doesn't mind me sharing his video.
He does a good job narrating when needed and showing the clips of the action.
Definitely an experience none of us want to miss.
Credit to him for taking the time, and the Off-Rodeo team, and Ford as well for the opportunity.
It's going to be a blast.
A day and a half fun-fest with some wisdom thrown in there as well.
Not a problem, I have a tendency to ramble on. I hope everyone gets an idea what is like from the video.

530Squatch

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 HD Silverado Duramax Turbo Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not a problem, I have a tendency to ramble on. I hope everyone gets an idea what is like from the video.
This is my favorite hype video in months. I can't wait for the Vegas Off Roadeo- plan to bring my old man as my +1 to have a great trip.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey, you're on here! Great!
Echoing my thoughts here: Great job on the video, and rambling on?
Nah.
I think it is a good thing to explain things in a bit more generic terms for those who don't spend the time on this forum that we all do and preface the video segments the way you did.
Sponsored