Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So @flip I assume you're going to set up a small course close to the dealership to let your order holders (me) try out your demo when you get it? 🤞🙏😂
The Austin location is about 300 acres with a lot of different terrains and obstacles. Nick and I discussed the absolute lack of anything (public) in this area and how to demonstrate the technology. I spoke with our guide Ben about this and asked for info on how to build some of the pre-trail obstacles. We have a lot south of us but would need to see if the city would allow, what type of liability insurance we would need. Right now just talking about but would be strictly for delivery teaching purposes.
Sponsored

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The Austin location is about 300 acres with a lot of different terrains and obstacles. Nick and I discussed the absolute lack of anything (public) in this area and how to demonstrate the technology. I spoke with our guide Ben about this and asked for info on how to build some of the pre-trail obstacles. We have a lot south of us but would need to see if the city would allow, what type of liability insurance we would need. Right now just talking about but would be strictly for delivery teaching purposes.
I was just joking but that's pretty awesome that you're even talking about it

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ordered an Oxford White 2 door Badsquatch but that Velocity Blue looks ace with the MIC top 👌🏻
Still can’t decide if I think Area 51 or VB looks best with the MIC. Been Area 51 the whole time but VB keeps getting closer and closer. I think VB will look great with MIC, painted black or painted white top.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yeah the Land Rover dealership that fake rock trail thing in the parking lot, but they wouldn’t let me drive the defender down off the rock or back up over it and the rest of the course - even though I drove up in a lifted Rubicon.

OP
OP
flip

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Out of the 15 dealers in my group I think there was unanimous agreement that there is no way to adequately describe the function or use of the off road technology without show and tell. A lot of my assumptions about both broncos were pretty much blown up. I got a tons of respect for the team that put this together. Nothing bad to say, a few super minor things I would like to see changed but mostly cosmetic or placement.

Truth be told I would stay there another week if they would let me. Great balance of information, education, fun and exposure to an experience most haven't had. No joke and no compensation being paid to dealers or anyone else, EVERYONE that can do this NEEDS to do it.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Out of the 15 dealers in my group I think there was unanimous agreement that there is no way to adequately describe the function or use of the off road technology without show and tell. A lot of my assumptions about both broncos were pretty much blown up. I got a tons of respect for the team that put this together. Nothing bad to say, a few super minor things I would like to see changed but mostly cosmetic or placement.
Nice, my dealer was there with this group as well and in his video seemed more than impressed as well.

The Frisco Kid

Black Diamond
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 F-250, 2015 Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did you have a choice of trim level to drive(I.e. Basesquatch, Non-Sas Black Diamond) or were they all Badlands trim?

OP
OP
flip

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you have a choice of trim level to drive(I.e. Basesquatch, Non-Sas Black Diamond) or were they all Badlands trim?
We basically hopped in what we wanted then switched off with your passenger about halfway through the course. When we stopped there was a discussion of the obstacle, how the vehicle handled through it and what settings were used and why. Nick and I were in a white 4 door and moved to the two door cyber orange. I like the feel of the 4 door due to the longer wheel base, handled fine but felt like a touch softer ride which I assume is due to the length. Two doors were super nimble but just as stable and drivable. Never felt like we were going to go over at any point with either. Only difference was how you approached or navigated tighter turns. Daily driver or longer trip? 4 door for me, please. 2 door if that's your thing. Perfect choice either way.

Didn't pay attention to the trims much since the point was use of technology. We were in a 4 cyl according to my brother and didn't have a clue. Most of the course was in 4L and all of them had way too much power. Never had to give it more than 1/4 throttle. We did rip ass on the flat switchback area but since it was short we really couldn't run WOT. Not sure how hard the guide was pushing on the fun run but quite sure it wasn't wide open because no one was shaking when they got done.

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was not in the vehicle when they were discussing that and slightly out of earshot. We did use trail assist which allows you to set a certain descent speed and the vehicle does all but steer for you. Very cool. The instructors had the driver in the manual bronco turn on rock crawl and it worked for what he was going up. Again, after seeing, I mean smelling what happened, it would be hard for me to recommend a manual trans. That said, for normal driving manual would be an OK choice if you like ripping gears.
There is a different technique to driving a manual offroad, from your clips I don't really see anything that would give me pause with mine.

We do hope to hit the Austin Off-Roadeo next fall. The Bronco is for my wife and it would be a nice road trip to break in our new car. She doesn't have 20 years of playing around with a 4wd like I do and I thought it would be good to have someone teach her how to drive the thing using all the bells and whistles I have never had and don't really know anything about.

OP
OP
flip

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is a different technique to driving a manual offroad, from your clips I don't really see anything that would give me pause with mine.
If you have used manual before and comfortable with it on terrain, go for it. Based on the stop and go, hanging on hills, for me personally, I would rather have the auto. There is a technique with manual trans and footwork on this type of terrain which comes from practice. Me being a noob to this type of driving, I could concentrate more on what I was doing and have one less factor to deal with. It's all personal preference, your comfort level and what you are actually going to be doing with it.

Sponsored

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you have used manual before and comfortable with it on terrain, go for it. Based on the stop and go, hanging on hills, for me personally, I would rather have the auto. There is a technique with manual trans and footwork on this type of terrain which comes from practice. Me being a noob to this type of driving, I could concentrate more on what I was doing and have one less factor to deal with. It's all personal preference, your comfort level and what you are actually going to be doing with it.
That's a fair comment. Not too long ago, a manual was the thing to have for offroad. I grew up with them and it has left a definite preference for me. Sorry he smoked you out with the clutch. That smell will just about turn you green. Ever tried to teach someone on a manual while doing your best to ignore the burning clutch to keep from ratcheting up their anxiety? It's hard to keep a straight face and calm attitude.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hope Tim Bartz doesn't mind me sharing his video.
He does a good job narrating when needed and showing the clips of the action.
Definitely an experience none of us want to miss.
Credit to him for taking the time, and the Off-Rodeo team, and Ford as well for the opportunity.
It's going to be a blast.
A day and a half fun-fest with some wisdom thrown in there as well.

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That's a fair comment. Not too long ago, a manual was the thing to have for offroad. I grew up with them and it has left a definite preference for me. Sorry he smoked you out with the clutch. That smell will just about turn you green. Ever tried to teach someone on a manual while doing your best to ignore the burning clutch to keep from ratcheting up their anxiety? It's hard to keep a straight face and calm attitude.
51173868802_887ca26379_c.jpg

And that is why her Bronco will be an automatic...

OP
OP
flip

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The guy driving was clutch competent so my assumption is a previous group may have gotten it hot or the spot where we got the wif was just a tough spot to get through. To be fair, we did not smell it again for the remainder of that portion of the event.

Not wanting to discourage people from it or start a shit storm, this was just my observation/opinion. None of the folks in our group had any mechanical issues that I know of. The tires were aired down to 30psi according to the cluster info display.
Sponsored