First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 bronco , 2018 expedition, 2021 broncoFE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have been trying to get my order for a very early time stamped (7/13 750pm pst) first edition in since the 19th but keep getting a run around....they would not do it for me the 19 but said they would call me later in march to finalize the order....is that not absurd? he did take 400 bucks from me I think to try to lock me in.. but he wont input my order yet i guess... should I be worried because i am at this point....Is any one else having the same experience?? I don't want to bug the dealership to death if this is just the process. But i also have a busy few months so I'm trying to get it done sooner than later....should i call ford yet... guy at dealership said he would call me Monday and that "it was taken care of" but he did not call, i see my ford says same thing.......any input would be appreciated. many thanks.....
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You do what's best for you.

If you are nervous about the process at this point, shop your business around to a few other dealerships to see if they want your order.

Note: personally I find shopping my business from a neutral standpoint more beneficial than trying to smear the other dealership.

Things such as not identifying the dealership or people involved can make it a better experience. Let them earn your business.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been trying to get my order for a very early time stamped (7/13 750pm pst) first edition in at south bay since the 19th but keep getting a run around....they would not do it for me the 19 but said they would call me later in march to finalize the order....is that not absurd? he did take 400 bucks from me i think to try to lock me in.. but he wont input my order yet i guess... should i be worried because i am at this point....Is any one else at southbay and are you having the same experience?? I dont want to bug the dealership to death if this is just the process. But i also have a busy few months so im trying to get it done sooner than later....should i call ford yet... guy at dealership said he would call me Monday and that "it was taken car of" i see my ford says same thing.......any input would be appreciated. many thanks.....
Dude, you're sitting on a lottery ticket. Transfer your reservation to another dealer who values your business.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If I'd already put some dinero down but they were dragging their feet, I'd be kinda pissed. I'd at least try and talk to someone to get an explanation on your situation, and possibly via email so you have documentation.
Personally, I'd want some type of confirmation I'm "good to go" instead of being heart broken in March that they dropped the ball.

OP
OP
Jbronc74

Jbronc74

First Edition
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 bronco , 2018 expedition, 2021 broncoFE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If I'd already put some dinero down but they were dragging their feet, I'd be kinda pissed. I'd at least try and talk to someone to get an explanation on your situation, and possibly via email so you have documentation.
Personally, I'd want some type of confirmation I'm "good to go" instead of being heart broken in March that they dropped the ball.
yea I'm not trying to annoy the dealer .. I just want confirmation already, 2 weeks and nadda yet....…thanks bud...

Sponsored

Built Wild

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Escape Limited, 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My dealership was acting like they were allergic to money too. So I transferred my reservation and got an amazing deal in the process!

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'd call everyday for a week to get my order submitted. If that didn't work, the next week, I'd call twice a day for a week. If that didn't work, I'd call twice a day and maybe swing by during my lunch break to see if there's any movement. It's your reservation, if you want to convert now, it's your prerogative. If they continue to give you the run around, find another dealer.

Jason

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands & 2023 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I take a "glass half empty" view of the facts you presented, I'd say the dealership might be waiting until the last day before the order window closes (March 19th) and will spring a huge markup on you. It's not like you have an August 15th reservation, and they are just busy with their early folks. You should be at the top of the list, and yet they don't want to enter your order until the last minute?

The power you have right now is that you can shop around and switch your reservation. I'd use it.

BigDog

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My dealership was the opposite. I have an early reservation on 7/13 for a FE and my dealer was in a rush to put my order in first thinking it mattered. I had to slow him down because he didn’t even know the code or realize I could get black leather seats in the FE.

Luke@LFF

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have been trying to get my order for a very early time stamped (7/13 750pm pst) first edition in at south bay since the 19th but keep getting a run around....they would not do it for me the 19 but said they would call me later in march to finalize the order....is that not absurd? he did take 400 bucks from me i think to try to lock me in.. but he wont input my order yet i guess... should i be worried because i am at this point....Is any one else at southbay and are you having the same experience?? I dont want to bug the dealership to death if this is just the process. But i also have a busy few months so im trying to get it done sooner than later....should i call ford yet... guy at dealership said he would call me Monday and that "it was taken car of" but he did not call, i see my ford says same thing.......any input would be appreciated. many thanks.....
Shouldn't be happening at all with how early your reservation is. We have been bringing in our first 40 reservations to already build and place their order. Why they would be waiting until March is weird in itself especially considering you are getting a First Edition.

Sponsored

ResidualGenius

Wildtrak
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My dealership was in constant contact via email or phone since they got my reservation in July and once the date to order was announced they called again and confirmed I would be around to get the order placed. They called when they said and the order was placed on the 20th. No issues, order in hand, and no extra deposit requested.

Luke@LFF

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have been trying to get my order for a very early time stamped (7/13 750pm pst) first edition in at south bay since the 19th but keep getting a run around....they would not do it for me the 19 but said they would call me later in march to finalize the order....is that not absurd? he did take 400 bucks from me i think to try to lock me in.. but he wont input my order yet i guess... should i be worried because i am at this point....Is any one else at southbay and are you having the same experience?? I dont want to bug the dealership to death if this is just the process. But i also have a busy few months so im trying to get it done sooner than later....should i call ford yet... guy at dealership said he would call me Monday and that "it was taken car of" but he did not call, i see my ford says same thing.......any input would be appreciated. many thanks.....
Honestly, all I could think is if they have multiple people that may have ordered a couple days after that they are trying to get ahead of you and will hold you out until the March cutoff and then make yours become a 2022. Obviously would be cheating the system but there is absolutely ZERO reason as to why I wouldn't want to have people come in and order. Seems extremely sketchy. And that's coming from a dealer myself.

jrstorm1007

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2007 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My dealer is a little overwhelmed and said I "should" make their allocation with my 7/20 res, but needed to just get his ducks in a row. I have my build ready to go and am just being patient until they call. I'll give him another 2 weeks to sort it all out before I stop by again. We have plenty of time to get the orders in before the cutoff.
That being said, with them taking 400, your res date AND you having a FE, I'd think they'd be all over it to get your order in. Maybe time to look elsewhere or tell them you're shopping other dealerships. Maybe that'll put a fire under their ass.

Brick Vanderhuge

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge, Custom Softail, Flatside Shovelhead
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'd call everyday for a week to get my order submitted. If that didn't work, the next week, I'd call twice a day for a week. If that didn't work, I'd call twice a day and maybe swing by during my lunch break to see if there's any movement. It's your reservation, if you want to convert now, it's your prerogative. If they continue to give you the run around, find another dealer.
I'd show up much sooner then that. Most businesses don't want angry customers coming around.
Sponsored