First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The long wait.. and.. now I don't really want it. I put down my $1000 on a Rivian RS1, still have my Cybertruck reservation and just took delivery of my 2021 Raptor. The wait for this Bronco just killed me.

What to do.. what to do.. probs just let the dealer keep it.

Lightning Blue 4 door with black interior.
Sponsored

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The long wait.. and.. now I don't really want it. I put down my $1000 on a Rivian RS1, still have my Cybertruck reservation and just took delivery of my 2021 Raptor. The wait for this Bronco just killed me.

Which dealer? Also, you could likely take delivery and flip it. If the dealer keeps it you know they are going to tack on a large ADM.

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I mean, clearly you have more money than I do if you've got reservations/orders on 4 different expensive vehicles all at once, so maybe I shouldn't be telling you how to spend your money... but then again...

Ever tried saving some money instead of having Automotive Attention Deficit Disorder?

OP
OP

Grayjax

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I mean, clearly you have more money than I do if you've got reservations/orders on 4 different expensive vehicles all at once, so maybe I shouldn't be telling you how to spend your money... but then again...

Ever tried saving some money instead of having Automotive Attention Deficit Disorder?
I'll just put it this way to not try and sound like a ****. I live the Dave Ramsey lifestyle and the total value of all my vehicles is less than 50% of my household income.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I say take delivery, dont let the dealer have it. If you donā€™t want, you can easily sell it without losing $.

Sponsored

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Dave Ramsey lifestyle
Have no idea what that means so I googled and the first result that popped up was a warning against lifestyle inflation from Dave Ramsey's website. Not sure if that's telling or not.
Total value being less than half income tells me nothing about your savings or debt though. You could be rich as balls with millions in the bank, or upper middle class with more debt than assets, but chugging along because you can "make the payments".

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Looks like your fishing for a buyer. If the wait for the bronco killed you what about the wait for the cyber truck? It was delayed again until end of 2022 supposedly which really means mid 2023.

OP
OP

Grayjax

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Have no idea what that means so I googled and the first result that popped up was a warning against lifestyle inflation from Dave Ramsey's website. Not sure if that's telling or not.
Total value being less than half income tells me nothing about your savings or debt though. You could be rich as balls with millions in the bank, or upper middle class with more debt than assets, but chugging along because you can "make the payments".
Not too many people would not know of Dave Ramsey, so unsure if it's just a sarcastic comment. But I do not have any debt. $0. Goose egg. Etc.

I try not to be "that guy" that speaks out against payments.. it gets me in trouble, like I said, I don't mean to come off as an ass. If you googled the Dave ramsey lifestyle you'd know that it simply means to only buy things in cash.. of course there are other components to it as well.. but you get the gist.

OP
OP

Grayjax

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Looks like your fishing for a buyer. If the wait for the bronco killed you what about the wait for the cyber truck? It was delayed again until end of 2022 supposedly which really means mid 2023.
Yep I'll take a buyer. $5k over msrp and the buyer pays my taxes.

Cybertruck I reserved knowing it was years away.. the Bronco I expected to get within 4 to 6 months.. by the time it gets delivered it would be possibly 2022.. and for a Ford(which I'm a Ford guy don't get me wrong) but I've changed course and with Rivian closer to delivery it's just another toy.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yep I'll take a buyer. $5k over msrp and the buyer pays my taxes.

Cybertruck I reserved knowing it was years away.. the Bronco I expected to get within 4 to 6 months.. by the time it gets delivered it would be possibly 2022.. and for a Ford(which I'm a Ford guy don't get me wrong) but I've changed course and with Rivian closer to delivery it's just another toy.
Better than a dealer getting it and asking $110k. Personally, I think the cyber truck wonā€™t be built. I was hype for it until it rolled out. I thought it was a joke literally. I donā€™t know how itā€™s going to be able to pass safety tests with its current design.
Sponsored