First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got schooled on the rear view mirror spotlight and the hood insulation. never knew it was for sound reduction, lol
I don’t have my first Bronco (supposed to be built Monday) and this is his 2nd…never doubt a 2x owner, LOL
Those spotlights have been out on the Raptor for a few years now. Had them on my 2017, and now the Bronc
Sponsored

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m having visions that we all drive to Jim’s house, thousands of us, and we all just leave our hardtops on his front yard and drive away.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Especially when they do a video walk around of the vehicle and call the turn signals on the rear view mirrors and call them spotlights and think the heat insulation pad in the engine compartment is for sound absorption, lmao!
Sorry but I must bust balls
You serious right now?

Sponsored

DUUUVAL95

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

DUUUVAL95

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Those spotlights have been out on the Raptor for a few years now. Had them on my 2017, and now the Bronc
Yup, had no idea. I let him know how foolish I was for questioning a person on his 2nd Bronco and I haven’t even gotten my first, lol
I’m a NOOB, LMAO

FifthCard

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Touch less car washes might be an issue…
I wonder if that's designed from the factory. I only have 80 Mike's and I have that exact gap.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks OP, you seem to have a good perspective on things.

Problems are always going to arise, you just work through them.

Sponsored

Biz

Outer Banks
First Name
Biz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 OBX 2dr / 2019 Edge St / 2016 Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So basically we're all screwed if you live in the North. Time to move south. :cool:

OP
OP
SnowBronco

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is really disappointing news. BOTH tops are failing ?
So basically we're all screwed if you live in the North. Time to move south. :cool:
Man people seriously only read what they want to read or are just falling prey to flock mentality... Which is it. Lol 🤦😂

Biz

Outer Banks
First Name
Biz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 OBX 2dr / 2019 Edge St / 2016 Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Man people seriously only read what they want to read or are just falling prey to flock mentality... Which is it. Lol 🤦😂
Obvious hyperbole is clearly not so obvious. :rolleyes:

BRONCORC

Outer Banks
First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm just clowning on all of us, myself included. I was always on the fence but was originally a MIC order. I stayed with it (probably cost myself a MY21 bronco) until the MY22 order and decided to go soft top.

Reason is that I truly plan to drive doors off and top down as much as possible. I don't have anywhere to put the MIC top nor do I have someone to help me get it off when I want to. So it was always soft top for me once I came to that revelation. I know there will be compromises.

However - a user shared the mesh bimini shade + blanket trick for insulation and that sounds like an amazing idea.

I plan to use this guy as insulation above the bimini shade for winter. Weighs only a lb

https://www.amazon.com/KingCamp-Lig...&pd_rd_wg=jCFo6&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_atf_m
Whoa… so you just lay this on top of the shade as a barrier. I’m interested to see how this works/looks…

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Whoa… so you just lay this on top of the shade as a barrier. I’m interested to see how this works/looks…
Yep, I haven''t seen it in practice (can't remember users name) but the user just threw a blanket on top of his and the wife reported a huge difference.

I imagine at minimum it will do wonders for the draftiness and insulation. The synthetic down might not provide as much sound deadening as a heavier blanket but that really isn't what I would be chasing when doing it.

I like synthetic down (has some water resistant properties) for the fact that it weighs only 1 lb and it is easily compressible. That way I am not stressing the sunshade or the soft top. By my measurements its should be nearly the perfect width and should cover the front and rear passengers before running out of steam in the cargo area.

I already have a few of these blankets for my kids for camping and I plan to order the sunshade here shortly and should have both when my BaseSquatch gets delivered in February. Definitely will post further on it.
Sponsored