First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yep, I haven''t seen it in practice (can't remember users name) but the user just threw a blanket on top of his and the wife reported a huge difference.

I imagine at minimum it will do wonders for the draftiness and insulation. The synthetic down might not provide as much sound deadening as a heavier blanket but that really isn't what I would be chasing when doing it.

I like synthetic down (has some water resistant properties) for the fact that it weighs only 1 lb and it is easily compressible. That way I am not stressing the sunshade or the soft top. By my measurements its should be nearly the perfect width and should cover the front and rear passengers before running out of steam in the cargo area.

I already have a few of these blankets for my kids for camping and I plan to order the sunshade here shortly and should have both when my BaseSquatch gets delivered in February. Definitely will post further on it.
I’m thinking you get whatever blanket anyone decides have grommets applied in same locations as the shade and just use the same bungee strap threaded through both. That way it’s all connected and tight….
Sponsored

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’m thinking you get whatever blanket anyone decides have grommets applied in same locations as the shade and just use the same bungee strap threaded through both. That way it’s all connected and tight….
We're on the same page for sure. The MIL is a pretty damn good seamstress so I am going to see what she can do to sew the holes where either the bungee will go...or I am thinking lightweight straps and a small camlock would provide the best fit.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So Ford is on version 2 of the hard top with leaks. Was this an issue where it was not properly installed from the factory? Was a seal missing or pinched? I'm glad my is still on order so I can see the ills that have not been fixed. Will give me good data to decide if I keep mine or let it go and order in a couple of years. Thanks for the post.

rsmtracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 RAM 1500 Crew Cab, 18 Jeep JKU Sport S
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Between the tops fiasco and the order process/delays and the fact that as of Jan 2022 you can't still drive to the dealer and bring a Bronco home i've decided to cancel mine. I'll be back in about 2 years hoping Ford got its chit together by then.

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Between the tops fiasco and the order process/delays and the fact that as of Jan 2022 you can't still drive to the dealer and bring a Bronco home i've decided to cancel mine. I'll be back in about 2 years hoping Ford got its chit together by then.
From article around mid-August ( I knew about the plant, first mention of possible timing I’ve seen):

New plant just confirmed
The German supplier Webasto confirmed to the Free Press that it plans to open an additional plant in Michigan within the first three months of 2022.

It currently builds the tops at a plant in Plymouth.

"To meet the high demand and increase roof production capacity, we will build another new production location in southeastern Michigan," said Susanne Killian, head of global internal and external communications for Webasto.

Sponsored

Abronco14

First Edition
First Name
Mandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ford Bronco My first 24hrs: snow storm, freezing rain and a bit of snow inside! 0E3B75CE-7F87-42F1-BB88-43C8C83F1874

Hello! Wanted to add a picture here, I live in NY, here’s my Bronco First Edition in full snow mode, unfortunately the back doors (four door) will not open in these conditions, but I kicked the snow off and we were good to go! I also learned the windows will not open in the freezing cold, but no issues opening the door for a quick chat!

OP
OP
SnowBronco

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A week into having the Bronco, and guess what....

The top, it's still quiet, no whistles or rattles. No more leaks even in heavy wind and sideways rain. I've gone over it with a light inside and out. That little gap over the top of the passenger front door near the back seems to have closed up a bit. Even tho it's cold. I have taken the top panels off and checked the positioning to make sure... And treated the seals with a gummi pheldge treatment I saw on b6g here. So far everything works and no complaints. And my engine build date is in November. So that's hopeful. Lol

Take this info and use it how you will. The sky isn't always falling. 🙃
Sponsored