First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Lol. I had the softtop for 5 months. The soft top was alright. And that was user error in the litebright video. I would take the hardtop in a second over the soft top. But that's just me. Everyone has different views and different things matter to different people. Lol
I'm just clowning on all of us, myself included. I was always on the fence but was originally a MIC order. I stayed with it (probably cost myself a MY21 bronco) until the MY22 order and decided to go soft top.

Reason is that I truly plan to drive doors off and top down as much as possible. I don't have anywhere to put the MIC top nor do I have someone to help me get it off when I want to. So it was always soft top for me once I came to that revelation. I know there will be compromises.

However - a user shared the mesh bimini shade + blanket trick for insulation and that sounds like an amazing idea.

I plan to use this guy as insulation above the bimini shade for winter. Weighs only a lb

https://www.amazon.com/KingCamp-Lig...&pd_rd_wg=jCFo6&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_atf_m
Sponsored

OP
OP
SnowBronco

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BUCKTOWN

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FE Ford Bronco, Porsche Macan Turbo
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

What in sam goodie is going on with these Broncos?🤨

Aaonter

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is how snow gets in. (And tons of wind noise)

Ford Bronco My first 24hrs: snow storm, freezing rain and a bit of snow inside! XiaoYing_Video_1641583746995_1080HD
I do not understand how this stuff gets through. Someone had to put that on the Bronco and then declare "not my job" at the factory. Maybe they are afraid to say something? That is an obvious issue. If snow gets through then so will rain and sand.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Original order early last year was a Wildtrak, Lux pkg. As soon as Ford announced the shut down in production with the hard top, and with supply issues with the Lux, I switched my order to an OBX, SAS, Soft top, High pkg in August. Just picked mine up last week, and I don't regret the switch a bit and it cost me $5K less on MSRP. I'll be watching ADV Fiberglass and looking to order a white hard top if the price is right... but not hating the soft top at all.
If by "price is right" you mean $5,000-$6,000 for ADV's top, then yes you'll be all set. Unfortunately, anyone that switched from hard to soft to get their vehicle sooner with the plans on buying an aftermarket hardtop for anything less than 5k in the next two to three years, I fear will be sorely mistaken. So it's good that you like your softie.

Sponsored

Canadian5.0

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Geez with these broncos leaking the way they do it may change the model I’ll buy down the road when most of the issues are worked out .No base , big bend ,outer banks , Wildtraks ,too much carpet , nothing with cloth or leather ,Rubberized flooring with MGV seats only .

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I've had my Badlands for a bit over 24hrs. Did my own pdi after the dealership did their safety checks, and took the bronco thru its first snowstorm ( with a little snow winding up on the inside) and icestorm. All in the first 24. Feel free to check out the video I threw together if you like.

Here's what I found after work and the blizzard.
Ford Bronco My first 24hrs: snow storm, freezing rain and a bit of snow inside! XiaoYing_Video_1641583746995_1080HD

Couple other pics cause the weather has been no joke! Lol

All in all, I thank my dealer who was great thru the whole long saga! The 2.7 so far in all 120 miles has been awesome. Very torky... The 10 speed pretty sweet. Love the 360 camera, the 12" screen with the NAV and all the extra features this thing has. The remote start is awesome in weather like this. If y'all have any questions shoot. Either here or on YouTube! My 2.3 manual base badlands was pretty sweet. This thing is what I dreamed about cruising in for years to come tho. Another level.
I can’t agree more. I love mine more and more every time I drive it. We had quite a bit of snow today too. Big Sassy handled it like a champ. 1764 miles, and 2.7 running strong. Hope it stays that way. I like your style too. Congrats.

C93BE3BE-6741-4DD9-8061-33991330690A.jpeg

Spartan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I know this will never happen and no I don't want a Sport, but I'd love for them to offer the exact same Bronco design without removable doors/roof and basically just a sun/moon roof.

All the removable components is what allows all the elements to get in.

🔥 away

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Especially when they do a video walk around of the vehicle and call the turn signals on the rear view mirrors and call them spotlights and think the heat insulation pad in the engine compartment is for sound absorption, lmao!
Sorry but I must bust balls
On mine, the turn signals in the mirrors also have spot lights. And I’ve seen more than one Bronco without the insulation under the hood. Willing to bet those are differences he’s noted between the 2 he’s owned.

Sponsored
OP
OP
SnowBronco

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On mine, the turn signals in the mirrors also have spot lights. And I’ve seen more than one Bronco without the insulation under the hood. Willing to bet those are differences he’s noted between the 2 he’s owned.
Yup. Lol

RJ9701

First Edition
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This is how snow gets in. (And tons of wind noise)

A4367AE8-ACA7-444B-AA59-FC69536946F8.jpeg
I have the exact same issue on both sides of my First Edition. Two smallish gaps about 2 inches in length. Haven’t shown this to the dealer yet but I noticed the weather stripping missing after driving in some cold snowy weather in the PNW. It looks like they made some cuts to fit and maybe it became brittle and broke off in the cold.

Greens05

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, BMW 335xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Might I suggest the OP make a slight modification to his name....SnowInBronco seems more appropriate.

Anyway hope it gets fixed.

DUUUVAL95

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Got schooled on the rear view mirror spotlight and the hood insulation. never knew it was for sound reduction, lol
I don’t have my first Bronco (supposed to be built Monday) and this is his 2nd…never doubt a 2x owner, LOL
Sponsored