Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Changed oil for the first time today, 2500 miles. I thought the O rings were breaking down but after a closer examination it appears there's a sealant on the factory o rings. It took a while to clean up after they were removed, the housing was pretty messy. Its also a pain to get at the housing base to clean it, I can envision the base getting covered with dirt and dropping it into the housing during a change... is this something anyone's experienced? maybe a little carb cleaner or de-greaser before removal?
A word of warning, the oil came out so fast that I had to put the plug back in to let my drain pan catch up even though the oil was cold, almost overflowed....
426800-d16a83fa308fbe006d2e94b22f0bc578.jpg

Ford engineers clearly put a lot of thought into this truck. I have a wish list for my next one...... Ford.. are you listening?
- PLEASE STOP making me clear stuff from the dash at start..... I know I'm buckled in....why do I need to clear a message saying so?? (yes, it clears after a min, still annoying) along with a host of other warnings etc... I hit OK 4 times every time I start and hit the R button.
- Why does everything have to reset after shut down..... is there SOME logical reason why ??
- Bigger gas tank please.....I get the same mileage I do with my tuned 12' gen 1 raptor, now I have to stop more often for fuel. Compared to my gen 1, bronco is a little slower and seems to rev much higher to get the same job done on a similar weight vehicle. I've decided If I blow up this engine, I'm putting a 6.2 in :) Why have all the complexity and cost if you get the same mileage?
- I've had FJ40's, scouts, 3 other bronco's and pickups all modified for off roading. After some offroading with the BR I can say this truck is in a class of one. It's almost too good and can give you a false sense of confidence....nice job Ford :cool:

IMG_2309.jpg
Sponsored

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

SasBLSven

Badlands
First Name
Steen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's sounds like you want to sell it now

Debc

Base
First Name
Deb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TAcoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
You didn't do the hokey pokey to turn the ding ding off 🤣

Sponsored
OP
OP
raptorusmaximus

raptorusmaximus

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

You didn't do the hokey pokey to turn the ding ding off 🤣
Actually I did, and it still flashes a warning I have to clear on the dash with green or red seats....it just doesn't ding if I'm not buckled.

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Changed oil for the first time today, 2500 miles. I thought the O rings were breaking down but after a closer examination it appears there's a sealant on the factory o rings. It took a while to clean up after they were removed, the housing was pretty messy. Its also a pain to get at the housing base to clean it, I can envision the base getting covered with dirt and dropping it into the housing during a change... is this something anyone's experienced? maybe a little carb cleaner or de-greaser before removal?
A word of warning, the oil came out so fast that I had to put the plug back in to let my drain pan catch up even though the oil was cold, almost overflowed....
Ford Bronco My first Bronco Raptor 3.0 engine oil change, impressions, things I would change IMG_2309

Ford engineers clearly put a lot of thought into this truck. I have a wish list for my next one...... Ford.. are you listening?
- PLEASE STOP making me clear stuff from the dash at start..... I know I'm buckled in....why do I need to clear a message saying so?? (yes, it clears after a min, still annoying) along with a host of other warnings etc... I hit OK 4 times every time I start and hit the R button.
- Why does everything have to reset after shut down..... is there SOME logical reason why ??
- Bigger gas tank please.....I get the same mileage I do with my tuned 12' gen 1 raptor, now I have to stop more often for fuel. Compared to my gen 1, bronco is a little slower and seems to rev much higher to get the same job done on a similar weight vehicle. I've decided If I blow up this engine, I'm putting a 6.2 in :) Why have all the complexity and cost if you get the same mileage?
- I've had FJ40's, scouts, 3 other bronco's and pickups all modified for off roading. After some offroading with the BR I can say this truck is in a class of one. It's almost too good and can give you a false sense of confidence....nice job Ford :cool:

Ford Bronco My first Bronco Raptor 3.0 engine oil change, impressions, things I would change IMG_2309
Technically the Braptor rolls on 37s so that takes a toll on gas mileage.

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Bronco aero is bad compared to the F-150, so they all suffer. The 37s on the Raptor hurts mpg a lot, and the extremely soft torque management really neuters off the line performance.

The Raptor's 6.2 shifted at about 5800, the Bronco Raptor shifts at about 6000, not a big difference in RPM.

A 6.2 in the Bronco would most definitely be sub-10mpg.

Sponsored

coachoates

Raptor
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I do agree. I do not understand why Ford had to force us, every time we crank the car, to clear so many messages.

I don't have children so was able to turn off the child in rear seat message. So why I can't I at least have the option to turn off all of the other message reminders.

Outside that complaint...this is seriously one of the best vehicles I have ever driven!

*It does give me a false sense of being over-confident :)

Prkelly

Badlands
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

because we live in Sue Happy times

Ford Bronco My first Bronco Raptor 3.0 engine oil change, impressions, things I would change lawsuit

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice write up! I am sure the drain plug is similar to others and you can get an aftermarket that drains down (I have one for my 2.7, much, much cleaner oil change). I think the 3.0L was chosen for many reasons, #1 being packaging. I think it shares the same external dimensions as the 2.7. I talked to a couple of test engineers on the 3.0L for the Braptor. Because it was already DI and the emissions regulations are harder and harder to meet, it was a pretty logical choice from that perspective too. I think it’s still tuned pretty conservatively and for most Braptor owners wanting more power, it will be pretty attainable from what the test guys saw performance wise. Thanks for sharing. I am not a Braptor guy (I have my feedback to Ford recently, Hoss 3.0 Badlands with the 3.0l please 😉) but love them as part of the “brand”.

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Depends on which dip stick they sent him home with :) :)
Best of my knowledge the 3.0 in Raptor only came with 1 dipstick unlike the 2 different ones for the 2.7.
Sponsored